PC2 FFB Deadzone

I am experiencing the dreaded FFB deadzone. Steering has no deadzone (and is set properly to 0), but the FFB effects are numb for a noticeable notch on either side of centre.

#Deadzone Removal as pCARS 1 - deadzone/fall off
(output (tighten output 0.00 0.00))

I know this line can be added (or is in most) custom FFB files, but how do you make this adjustment if you are not using Custom FFB? Is there an equivalent file somewhere to edit?

Or, is there a custom file that is equivalent to "Raw" FFB, as I usually prefer to use unfiltered FFB.

Never tried to make a custom FFB file, but from what i understand raw should be pure rack FFB, so, based on this
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sDF6M30kW-XX3Fbiaw_jPvS4M7WEKjLARCwFAgsgiyQ/edit

i'd make something like that (with added road texture):

(Fx_scale 1.0)

(Fy_scale 1.0)

(Fz_scale 1.0)

(My_scale 1.0)

(Mx_scale 1.0)

(Mz_scale 1.0)

# Low Speed Filter Out -------------------------------

(Fx_scale (* Fx_scale (crossover vel_mag 0.0 1.0)))

(Mz_scale (* Mz_scale (crossover vel_mag 0.0 1.0)))

(arm_angle 0.0)

(left_scale (linkage 1.0 -1.0))

(right_scale (linkage 1.0 1.0))

# RACK part starts from here

(Fx_scale 1.0)

(Fy_scale 1.0)

(Fz_scale 1.0)

(My_scale 1.0)

(Mx_scale 1.0)

(Mz_scale 1.0)

# Low Speed Filter Out

# Texture --------------------------------------------

(road_scale (* 0.0005 1.0))

(brk_scale 0.0)

(bump_scale (* 0.24 1.0))

(scrub_scale (* 14.0 1.0))

(tex_k 20000.0)

(tex_d 1.0)

(FL_tex (+ (* road_scale FL_road) (* brk_scale FL_brk) (* bump_scale FL_bump) (* scrub_scale FL_scrub)))

(FL_tex (split FL_tex 0.0 1.0 1.0 2.0 0.01))

(FL_tex (spring FL_tex tex_k tex_d 1.0))

(FR_tex (+ (* road_scale FR_road) (* brk_scale FR_brk) (* bump_scale FR_bump) (* scrub_scale FR_scrub)))

(FR_tex (split FR_tex 0.0 1.0 1.0 2.0 0.01))

(FR_tex (spring FR_tex tex_k tex_d 1.0))

(tex (+ FL_tex FR_tex))

(tex (soft_clip tex 1.0 0.0))

# Scaler as informational only, doesnt affect output -

(scale_window_init 10.0)

(scale_window_nominal 2.0)

(scale_soft_clear_t 10.0)

(scale_min 0.2)

(scale_max 2.0)

(scale_blend_t 2.0)

(signal_scale output

1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0

0.0 0.0)

(output (tighten output 0.08 0.030)) # Deadzone Removal deadzone and falloff values as PCars1, specifit for T300. Remove/edit if you're using other wheel.

(output (relative output 1.12 0.45 1.0)) # Relative Output Gain, Bleed and Clamp values as PCars1, specific for T300. Remove/edit if you're using other wheel.

(output (+ (* volume output) (* feel fx)))

(histogram output)

(output (hard_clip (* output gain) 1.0))

#end

Try this if you will, but i don't guarantee it'll work, i just removed the tire forces from the linked custom FFB

Never tried to make a custom FFB file, but from what i understand raw should be pure rack FFB, so, based on this
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sDF6M30kW-XX3Fbiaw_jPvS4M7WEKjLARCwFAgsgiyQ/edit

i'd make something like that (with added road texture):

(Fx_scale 1.0)

(Fy_scale 1.0)

(Fz_scale 1.0)

(My_scale 1.0)

(Mx_scale 1.0)

(Mz_scale 1.0)

# Low Speed Filter Out -------------------------------

(arm_angle 0.0)

(left_scale (linkage 1.0 -1.0))

(right_scale (linkage 1.0 1.0))

# RACK part starts from here

(Fx_scale 1.0)

(Fy_scale 1.0)

(Fz_scale 1.0)

(My_scale 1.0)

(Mx_scale 1.0)

(Mz_scale 1.0)

# Low Speed Filter Out

# Texture --------------------------------------------

(road_scale (* 0.0005 1.0))

(brk_scale 0.0)

(bump_scale (* 0.24 1.0))

(scrub_scale (* 14.0 1.0))

(tex_k 20000.0)

(tex_d 1.0)

(FL_tex (+ (* road_scale FL_road) (* brk_scale FL_brk) (* bump_scale FL_bump) (* scrub_scale FL_scrub)))

(FL_tex (split FL_tex 0.0 1.0 1.0 2.0 0.01))

(FL_tex (spring FL_tex tex_k tex_d 1.0))

(FR_tex (+ (* road_scale FR_road) (* brk_scale FR_brk) (* bump_scale FR_bump) (* scrub_scale FR_scrub)))

(FR_tex (split FR_tex 0.0 1.0 1.0 2.0 0.01))

(FR_tex (spring FR_tex tex_k tex_d 1.0))

(tex (+ FL_tex FR_tex))

(tex (soft_clip tex 1.0 0.0))

# Scaler as informational only, doesnt affect output -

(scale_window_init 10.0)

(scale_window_nominal 2.0)

(scale_soft_clear_t 10.0)

(scale_min 0.2)

(scale_max 2.0)

(scale_blend_t 2.0)

(signal_scale output

1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0

0.0 0.0)

(output (tighten output 0.08 0.030)) # Deadzone Removal deadzone and falloff values as PCars1, specifit for T300. Remove/edit if you're using other wheel.

(output (relative output 1.12 0.45 1.0)) # Relative Output Gain, Bleed and Clamp values as PCars1, specific for T300. Remove/edit if you're using other wheel.

(output (+ (* volume output) (* feel fx)))

(histogram output)

(output (hard_clip (* output gain) 1.0))

#end

Try this if you will, but i don't guarantee it'll work, i just removed the tire forces from the linked custom FFB

Wow, thanks for the response. I wish I understood what all these variables meant!!

Is what you provided above the equivalent of what "Raw" would be? And if I change the deadzone line to actually get rid of the deadzone, this would be Raw+no deadzone? Raw has no reference to tire forces--how would that be possible, or are those tire forces the "canned" effects?

Thanks and sorry I am so dumb about this.

I'm actually not 100% sure about that, but i think rack forces are those that you should percieve trough your steering wheel, all the others are fake effects to add more informations to the FFB, expecially about what the rear tires are doing.
Fake not as canned, they come from the physics, but they're not present in a real car's steering wheel. They're present in most sim's FFB, maybe the only one not having them in default FFB is rFactor 2.

Anyway i'm not totally sure about what i did on the FFB file, so if it feels weird it may be wrong :)
I tried to only get into the file raw forces, low-speed filters and the no-deadzone filter, but it's my first try to actually make a custom FFB profile and i didn't even read any documentation, just tried to understand the language of it.

I'm actually not 100% sure about that, but i think rack forces are those that you should percieve trough your steering wheel, all the others are fake effects to add more informations to the FFB, expecially about what the rear tires are doing.
Fake not as canned, they come from the physics, but they're not present in a real car's steering wheel. They're present in most sim's FFB, maybe the only one not having them in default FFB is rFactor 2.

Anyway i'm not totally sure about what i did on the FFB file, so if it feels weird it may be wrong :)
I tried to only get into the file raw forces, low-speed filters and the no-deadzone filter, but it's my first try to actually make a custom FFB profile and i didn't even read any documentation, just tried to understand the language of it.

I wonder if there is a baseline "Raw" file somewhere to use as a starting point? Or a way to "export" it from the game?

I wonder if there is a baseline "Raw" file somewhere to use as a starting point? Or a way to "export" it from the game?
Here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/new-ffb-file-christiaans-pure-ffb.387660/

There is a new FFB mod from a very active and knowledgeable user that was partecipating in WMD during pCars beta.
I still have to try it, but he's normally very keen to have the purest possible FFB (was very critic of AC and Dirt Rally ones for example) so i think his mod may be more realistic than Jack Spade's and other popular mods.

Here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/new-ffb-file-christiaans-pure-ffb.387660/

There is a new FFB mod from a very active and knowledgeable user that was partecipating in WMD during pCars beta.
I still have to try it, but he's normally very keen to have the purest possible FFB (was very critic of AC and Dirt Rally ones for example) so i think his mod may be more realistic than Jack Spade's and other popular mods.

Thanks--we're talking over at the Reiza forums!!

Here

Will try this new ffb file! Thanks a lot. I already have a lot of fun in pcars 2 with other ffb files.this should be interesting.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%