FFB dead zone on the G27

I'm one of those guys that really enjoys all the racing sims. Each has a different set of car/track combinations that I like and are only in that game.
Race07 has a bunch of things that I like. And at the same time, it has a massive dead zone in the middle that I find very off putting.
I've fiddled with the settings in the controller files, and have gotten a really good feel with the exception of the dead zone. So I'm looking for help, and hoping that some of you might have found a way to at least lessen it.
Thanks in advance
Gregoryleo

Well, yes, too low definitely, have you tried intermediate values? 0.000 might be disabling something altogether.

Try editing another param to confirm the file you're editing is active in the game and that you feel the change when you're driving.

Aside from that param, I'm not sure.

Yes. Tried 0.40000 through 0.75000 in increments of 5000
Also tried 1.00000. Right now trying 0.00001. Which seems to give a little bit of resistance and narrows the gap slightly. Going to try going above 1.0. See if lowering the sensitivity will work any better.
Seem like another Ian bell thing. I have a slight gap pCars 1 and 2 as well but tiny enough to live with.
I thought it might be my wheel, but I don’t have a gap in RRE, rF2 or GTR2. Anyway I appreciate the help. Thank you for that.

This thread came up in the results of some search... why not.

Just a few links... well what I wanted to do in the beginning...

The links, both of their OP have a section about "Low Force Boost", Automobilista and "FFB Minumum Torque ", rFactor2. Since yours and these are all gMotor2 powered, it's the same variable:

FFB steer force exponent="0.83025" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.5 to 1.0. 0.5 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, equal to 1.0 = linear sensitivity.

The standard comment for that djustment is : // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.5 to 1.0.
No less than 0.5 Anything lower should default to... the default... " 1.0 ".
It responds to higher than 1.0, making the FFD more subtle and more refined... it also opens up a black hole in the center.
The comment continues with: 0.5 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, 1.0 = linear sensitivity.
Going lower; 0.9 - 0.8 will tight up the center and give more "force" to the detriment of any refinement. After many years, I've figured I can do away with the subtleties. The least DZ as possible the better.
Usually, the lower limit is wheel oscillations while parked.
To find a base that has some "authority", a test has to be done using the "WheelCheck" software. It gives a percentage value, let say 9.5%, you would then start with 0.90500.
Run the test cold and hot, I had 10.5% when hot (0.89500). After many years I run 0.83000... = 17%. In AMS, my in game slider is at 40% boost.

This is not an on/off switch... and it changes with car and mods.

Software in the linked page...taking the time to at leasr read the first page of these two thread is worth it:
https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-how-the-ffb-works-and-what-is-new-about-it.45/

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....actor-2-the-key-to-being-in-the-zone-d.42931/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%