FFB any good with G29?

i am very tempted to buy AMS2 season pack as I love AMS1 (particulary ffb and AI). However I have a G29 wheel and I am worried the ffb will not be good as it is based on PC2 and I see people using custom files. Can you convince me to buy the game and/or help me with ffb settings? I would love to support the devs as I am sure the game will be great like AMS1.

Well up to the latest release the ffb has been quite good on default but with the new version I no longer have anything in the centre on my g27, so I think something has changed. I'm now faffing around with the custom files but as they are for all wheels Im finding them rattley but I have center feeling again.

Don't let my comments put you off though, the ffb has been fab up to now.

None are my favourite too be honest, I liked the default as the custom ones seem way to powerful for my wheel. But now the default has a big flat spot in the middle. I think I'm using the latest silver low as the middle is full but it is very rattley.

I think I'm going to go back to default today and try with lgs to add some centre. Be careful with the custom ones, they will work the cogs in the wheel.

I don't know if they will damage the wheel fella, they are just strong and jerky and rattley.

The steering center spring setting is what I'm going turn on. I'm no expert with this but read that this is a canned effect and should be turned off and that is what I've always done. But it may just add some resistance to the middle of the wheel in default mode.

If anyone has the old default could they share it here and maybe I could run it as custom. Then my wheel would be like before.

Ps. Not the old default as such, just the one from two weeks ago.

i am very tempted to buy AMS2 season pack as I love AMS1 (particulary ffb and AI). However I have a G29 wheel and I am worried the ffb will not be good as it is based on PC2 and I see people using custom files. Can you convince me to buy the game and/or help me with ffb settings? I would love to support the devs as I am sure the game will be great like AMS1.

I don't have the G29, but on the T300 it is night and day better in AMS2 IMO. Keep in mind you have the Steam 2 hour return, so if you find it isn't to your liking you can always get your money back. However, I think you will be pleasantly surprised, and with the sale on it right now you even get it for cheaper than many of us.

I just picked up AMS2 about three days ago and have been playing it on my G29 and enjoying myself, but it did take a good bit of fiddling. I didn't have tremendous luck with custom ffb files, mainly just introduced a ton of rattling noise. The best advice I received is to go for some fairly extreme sounding settings; gain, minimum force and effects all around the 90s. In games like RaceRoom and AC I got accustomed to using minimum forces like 10-15% to find the right feel, so intuitively that didn't sound right to me, but I tried it and it feels pretty good in the hands. Seems to me like you need that minimum force cranked good and high to minimize the dead center and give the littler motions enough power to actually tug the wheel and not just make your cogs clack. I'm sure other people have sussed out far better settings, but once I cranked everything up AMS2 started to feel a lot more correct to me on the g29.

I have been using the default again today with 90, 100 and 30.

I do like it but the center is missing on g27. I even installed lgs again. I did have a look in my bin at the old docs folder but there didn't seem to be a file for the old default that I could rename to custom and use again.

• Deleted member 963434

i have weird deadzone in AMS2 on my osw direct drive wheel too. so its AMS2 issue. i feel best ffb have RRRE, then ACC, then i dont know if AMS2 or AC, but if not tis weird dedzone AMS2 would be better for sure. i feel like all cars in AMS2 have damaged steering rack it has so much clearance like its damaged steering rack in real life i have in my old car, but even myy old car has less clearance.
its less deadzone if i put gain at 50% but then turning too hard like no car has power steering, so i stick to 40% i feel good but then again deadzone is bigger, then i shall make low freequency foirce bigger, but then i have tis artificial feel like wheel too hard from beginning. tey need to improve it. as all my sims i jump in or my friends (not ussed to sims) jump in tey can go straight away. in acc and ac and rrre i can drive straight away, friends can drive straight away in rrre so it has best ffb, but in ams2 i must get used to its ffb every day, its just feels weird at start, then i get used to its weirdness. tey need to improve it for sure

ee days ago and have been playing it on my G29 and enjoying myself, but it did take a good bit of fiddling. I didn't have tremendous luck with custom ffb files, mainly just introduced a ton of rattling noise. The best advice I received is to go for some fairly extreme sounding settings; gain, minimum force and effects all around the 90s. In games like RaceRoom and AC I got accustomed to using minimum forces like 10-15% to find the right feel, so intuitively that didn't sound right to me, but I tried it and it feels pretty good in the hands. S

Thanks that has been a good tip, although it is rather extreme. I hope Reiza keeps improving the FFB, also for lower end wheel bases. I will upgrade at some point and hopefully the experience is much better as @TShrimp describes.

@skunkedup if you delete the customfile in the documents folder, the game will reinstall the original one again.

@dario993 Thanks for your feedback! So it appears to a problem even on higher end wheels. Hopefully Reiza can fix it, as it is based on the PC2 game engine. I wish they do!

Skunkedup[/USER] if you delete the customfile in the documents folder, the game will reinstall the original one again.

You know.. I never thought of this. If the game creates the same values in the custom file as is what is in the default all I have to do is find the value that would tighten the middle.

I wish I could have the default from a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't even messing with settings anymore and now I'm gonna be balls deep in em.

So.... After a quick test it seems that the custom file created by the game is not a copy of the default and its more like the default from before. So now I have 95, 90 and 10 and my wheel is like it was before the last update and I have center feeling again. The best thing is that I can copy this file for future use if needed.

Thank gawd I'm not messing with the numbers.

I have tried it and you are right. The custom file from Reiza is really different. it is much better arround the center. The best test is to drive the super v8 cars (which are really difficult to drive imho). The difference in feeling is huge. Thanks for this!

• Deleted member 963434

I have tried it and you are right. The custom file from Reiza is really different. it is much better arround the center. The best test is to drive the super v8 cars (which are really difficult to drive imho). The difference in feeling is huge. Thanks for this!

yes super v8 are worst like it has no center feel then suddently gets so hard to turn or just slips and countersteers. its worst made cars in ams2. thanks i will try custom ffb too
btw reiza told tey plannin to make ffb per car, but when? i saw it more than month ago

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 245 13.5%