FFB and Steering wheel settings for GTL

Steering wheel maximum rotation and wheel lock
When it comes to steering wheel rotation and wheel lock (in-game car setting) it is important to remember that it is the ratio between these two that is important. If you use 400/15 or 800/30 it will feel exactly the same (because the ratio is the same), the only difference is that you can turn the wheel further for the latter case. On the other hand 400/30 and 800/30 will be very different and the first setting will be much more responsive (car wheel turns twice as much for a given steering wheel rotation).

The definition of the steering ratio is the following
SR=(steering wheel rotation, lock to lock) / (car wheel rotation, lock to lock)

For GTL, you can then calculate the steering ratio as follows:
SR=(steering wheel maximum rotation) / (2*lock)

Some examples of real cars (quick google, some of them seems a little fishy):
..................................SR ..........(sw max/lock)
2012 VW Golf ............15.6
BMW E46 M3: ...........15.4
Subaru Sti: ................15.2 ..........(972/31.5)
Caterham: ..................10.5 .........(800/38)
Radical: .....................10.5 .........(800/38)
mk1 Ford Cortina ........16.4
65 Corvette .................17.0
66 Mustang ................16.0 (Non-power steering: 19.9) (Shelby,Boss etc is 16)
66 Falcon ...................16.0 (Non-power steering: 22)
Porsche 914 ...............17.8
57 Ferrari 250 .............20.0

I usually have 800 degrees maximum rotation (2.2 turns lock to lock) and a ratio of 14-16 (25-30 degrees lock in-game).

FFB settings
A guide for customizing the FFB settings can be found here. I use the FFB settings of Warren Dawes:
FFB Device Type="4" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="1" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.07000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.30000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="0.75000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.70000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.25000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.0001500000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.15000" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.20000" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.40000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.02000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.02000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.25000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.50000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.70000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.30000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
Just copy the posted settings and overwrite the corresponding section in this file (be sure to make a backup first):
GTL/Userdata/"PlayerName"/ "PlayerName".plr

Logitech Profiler
For the settings in Logitech Profiler I have the following settings:
0% Damping
0% Spring
0% Centering spring (deactivated)
As I understand, these effects are not linked to the physics simulation and are instead created by the logitech software. Therefore, I remove them completely.

FFB strength
If you set the strength too high you will loose a lot of detail in the feedback because the sim is asking for more torque than your steering wheel can provide.

For instance if you have a steering arm force like this when going through a corner:
If you set the strength too high you will reach the limit of your steering wheel (black line in picture below) very early and after that the force will be constant and equal to the limit of your wheel. Thus you will not be able to detect the variation of the feedback force that is actually occuring:​
Now if you decrease the strength setting you will not reach the limit and you will get all the feedback through the wheel:​
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To find a good setting, I usually run some tests on a bumpy circuit with different settings from 50-100% until I find a setting that is both strong enough and detailed enough.

If you have anymore information/suggestions please post it in this thread:)

Checking the "Enable Centering Spring Strength" box will turn ON an "artificial" centering spring, whether the game has one or not (GT Legends already has this feature, so it's not necessary) . The force of the spring can be adjusted with the slider. Note that turning the spring all the way up will mask most other forces in a game.

In my opinion, this feature is intended for games that do not support FFB. In GT Legends the box should be unticked and the slider should be in the 0 (zero) position.

For a G27, just use Warren's ffb profile attached on the first post of this thread.

It really works well.
the problem is i can not find my gtl folder- istaled via steam,but it's not in steam folder like race07...tried search in computer,nothing,but i can play the game:)
how newb can i be:)
also about that,i just copy paste,or that is a portion of the hole plr file?
thank you
waiting for someone on TS,if they have time:)

Stefan Woudenberg .. can you help, i dont have the steam version so dont know where GTL would be sitting,,
there are 2 folders i would look in 1st is the \steam\steamapps\common.
2nd is \steam\steamapps\ (steam user name folder)
you might find your plr details in my C\Users\XXXXXXX\Documents in the userdata folder if gtl

I got the steam version and here are my file locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GT Legends = Game
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GT Legends\UserData\[User Name] = PLR file location

I went online on TS but Andrei already left... :p
thank you,found them eventualy,also the plr file,also managed to do the dwl right now the problem is the activation- i was never asked for the serial

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%