Few questions from a noobie

I am really new to Sim racing scene. My wife got me the game for my b-day, I liked it so much that I bought the Momo controller. Now all I want to do is drive these cars faster:)

I have a couple of questions.
1. Should I have bought the G25 from Logitech instead of the Momo? As of now I use the manual transmission with an automatic clutch (floppy panel shifters).
2. I searched for an easy to understand setup guide for the GTR-Evolution. I used to race motorcycles (real track), so I understand some of the basic concepts, but there are a lot more settings on cars:(
3. Is there a league for new/slow drivers? I entered a few races online and ended up pretty much lapping alone:( (I am running about 1'54 on Valencia in the BMW while still making A LOT of mistakes).

Thanks.

-Eric

• Mikkow

Isn't there a mode where you can turn on lines on the track, both from yourself and another hotlap from someone else (faster than you)? It will show when they brake, accelerate, coast, what exact line they took, etc.

And btw, please let me know how well you think my review/comparison matches your experiences between the Momo and the G25 once you get it :)

• Mikkow

Any update on that G25 you recieved a few weeks ago? You said you'd give impressions and tell how much you thought it matched the little comparison I wrote above :)

• vmagics

I just ordered the g25.. anyone want to buy my 2 weeks old Momo :) Finally, I feel like I am stuck running 1:46~1:47 on Valencia in the Seat. No matter what I do my lap times do not improve (I have been playing for about 2 weeks now). Any tips what might help to break that wall? :frusty: I watched replays, downloaded some time attacks, etc... but I am still stuck :noidea:

I have been practicing that track in the BMW E90 for about 6 months and still only manage 1:46:xx. Except once when I fluked a 1:45:xx. Although I'm obviously no better than you are and I can't really help with your driving/setups, I would recommend taking a break from that track for a few days maybe. That seems to help me break undesirable habits. It's surprising how you can get in a rut,- subconciously using uneccessarily early braking points and accelerating late out of corners out of habit.

• Morgan Sowerby

I have been practicing that track in the BMW E90 for about 6 months and still only manage 1:46:xx. Except once when I fluked a 1:45:xx. Although I'm obviously no better than you are and I can't really help with your driving/setups, I would recommend taking a break from that track for a few days maybe. That seems to help me break undesirable habits. It's surprising how you can get in a rut,- subconciously using uneccessarily early braking points and accelerating late out of corners out of habit.

QFT! I do the same thing when I am having problems decreasing lap times on a certain track. I take a break and then come back later, usually improving my time.

like me. ill not race for a week then come back smash a hotlap straight off then never touch it again for weeks. i find just dont try to beat your time. if you try and beat it youll over drive it. tunr the hud of and go for a cruise :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back