Few newbie questions

Sim is awesome, I played some GSCE but didn't really properly get into Automobilista until now. It's worthy competitor for AC in my eyes, has different strengths. AI and sounds very enjoyable.

But I have few problems...

1. I get some stuttering, that isn't related to framerate. Frames stay at solid 60 fps but image sometimes stutters badly. This happens like once per every 1-2 laps. And sometimes it doesn't happen at all, under same circumstance. Any known fix? Tried a bunch of stuff I googled like locking my frames to 1.5x refresh rate and disabling replays, but none of it fixed this.

2. The menus are sometimes unresponsive, I'm not able to choose AI aggression level or change starting position etc.. this is "normal" or can be fixed?

3. How to set FFB to 720 hz? Does it have any benefit when I don't have high end wheel (T500 RS), currently using 360 Hz

4. Lastly, is there some mod that would transport the HUD elements into center screen? I have triples, but the HUD is far on the sides, which is kinda difficult to read while racing.

1. try runningit without DynHUD (in display settings select original HUD or ingame use designated key for switching between HUD modes)

2. never happend to me .. only if selecting ALL CARS&TRACKS it takes second to load them all .. are you on SSD or HDD?

3. Pure 360Hz is max/best available setting ... 720 Hz is rate of physics ... stil 360 is more than you get in most sims so you shoud be fine

4. if you use DynHUD than you can use Dynhud editor located in you instalation folder in plugins/dynhud/editor .. or something like that .. not sure how it works with tripples but I assume it should be fine

2. never happend to me .. only if selecting ALL CARS&TRACKS it takes second to load them all .. are you on SSD or HDD?
I have game installed on SSD. Loading times are quick, I mean some of the menu items like

AI aggression
< Medium >

doesn't always respond. I try to change to Low, High or Max... nope. Doesn't react. Sometimes it's even empty (the place where it should say "Medium" or similar is completely blank) and clicking on it has no effect. Also some other similar selection buttons become unresponsive, while 90% of them work fine.

It's really odd, especially if this is not some common bug but I'm only one experiencing it :S

1. I get some stuttering, that isn't related to framerate. Frames stay at solid 60 fps but image sometimes stutters badly. This happens like once per every 1-2 laps. And sometimes it doesn't happen at all, under same circumstance. Any known fix? Tried a bunch of stuff I googled like locking my frames to 1.5x refresh rate and disabling replays, but none of it fixed this.

2. The menus are sometimes unresponsive, I'm not able to choose AI aggression level or change starting position etc.. this is "normal" or can be fixed?

3. How to set FFB to 720 hz? Does it have any benefit when I don't have high end wheel (T500 RS), currently using 360 Hz

4. Lastly, is there some mod that would transport the HUD elements into center screen? I have triples, but the HUD is far on the sides, which is kinda difficult to read while racing.

1. Have you tried using the settings suggested in the AMS manual? What are your PC specs/gpu?
2. <can't help, sorry>
3. There's an explanation re this, hope it helps: forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-how-the-ffb-works-and-what-is-new-about-it.45/page-2#post-8540
4. I think I read somewhere that you need to use Multiview. Then edit the widgets with the dynhud editor. Quite tedious, but if you do, when adjusting position (X and Y), I suggest using 'px' instead of '%'.

Sim is awesome, I played some GSCE but didn't really properly get into Automobilista until now. It's worthy competitor for AC in my eyes, has different strengths. AI and sounds very enjoyable.

But I have few problems...

For number four either do not use multiveiw (it also looks weird in my eyes). This will then place all dynhud apps on centre monitors. Or get GIDHud for AMS. You can move all components around in game to exactly where you want it.

Yep, no effect.
1. Have you tried using the settings suggested in the AMS manual? What are your PC specs/gpu?
Yup, tried everything in the official PDF.

My specs i7 4770k, 980ti, 16Gb, win10. I'm running the game in 5760 x 1080, with quite bit of details and extra AA from Nvidia CP/inspector. But weird thing, it happens also on empty track with just 1 car. And then it can be totally smooth with 20 cars in next moment, in the same corner. And FPS never drops under 60, according to in-game FPS counter (ctrl+F). I've seen quite many complaints of this stuttering now, after searching a bit more from Reiza forums. Disabling HUD sadly didn't solve the issue.

Thanks for all the answers. One more question, can I calibrate the wheel somehow, similarly to Assetto Corsa? Meaning telling AMS where is the center point and where are pedal 0-100 ranges? My wheel isn't 100% centered, it's like 50.1% to the right in TM control panel when it's 100% centered in my hands. But in AC it doesn't matter since I can calibrate it. In AMS I have to steer veeeery slightly to left, to go perfectly straight.

Last edited:
My specs i7 4770k, 980ti, 16Gb, win10. I'm running the game in 5760 x 1080, with quite bit of details and extra AA from Nvidia CP/inspector.

You've got plenty of GPU for that resolution, so don't lock fps at 60. Up it to 83 or 131... try to use a prime number not too close to a number divisible by 30 (so that when tearing appears, it appears in a substantially different location each time) and that you can reliably generate the fps in game.

If you've got "Fast Sync" as an option(*) in the NVidia control panel (Manage 3D settings, Vertical sync at the bottom of the Settings window), choose "Fast" from the dropdown, which is the last selection. Instead of locking at 60 fps, lock at 185. Fast sync is great when you can reliably run a game at 2x-3x your monitor's refresh rate because the card is always synced, like when using VSync, but without the delay of VSync because the card throws away the unused frames rather than trying to write frames only when the VSync signal says it can.

(*) I think Fast Sync became an option with the GTX 900 series, so it should be there.

Last edited:
Renato Simioni of Automobilista has said that it would take a lot of work to fix the mirrors completely (IMHO, that's probably because Reiza are squeezing the last dregs out of their updated ISI engine) but added that it should be possible to improve some of the position/distortion issues.

Didn't completely solve the stuttering issue, did everything suggested here. Maybe I'm just trying to run the game with too high graphic settings, while it doesn't dip under 60 in the FPS counter, maybe it has some underlying effect. I dropped the details and was able to make it slightly smoother.

Still haven't figured out why the UI option arrow buttons sometimes become unresponsive.

Also it doesn't remember my latest chosen track, but keeps offering the first one in alphabetic order all the time, which is kinda annoying.

So what settings do you have now, max FPS? I have similar PC specs, but an i5-4670k only, and have max FPS set to 83, and have 2xSGSS in Inspector and don't seem to see stuttering. One difference may be that I only have Delta from Dynhud and use GID for the rest of the widgets.

Emery's tip too regarding Time Scale=None is valuable.

For the arrow buttons, I noticed that they don't align with my mouse, but if I point it slightly off center (to the left of the right), the arrows turn white (from red), and I know I can then click on them. Not sure though about the 'last' track, but mine saves depending on the car I last drove.

So what settings do you have now, max FPS?

I solved the issue I think. It was Max shadows, that were just too demanding. Putting it to High fixed it. Even when it wasn't visible in FPS counter, it was visible as weird stutters in some tracks.

I use much higher AA than you, combined with every in-game setting cranked up to max. Since I have 60 Hz triple screens, 60 frames is enough for me. Now I'm able to get it across the board, but with Max shadows I was able to get it in some tracks, some tracks like Spielberg the stutters kicked in.

Night racing is still impossible with these settings, but I rather take the better AA since I play AMS offline and night racing alone isn't worth dropping the settings to extreme lows.

I also googled it and found posts about Max shadows causing FPS problems on Reiza forums. They indeed seem to be demanding. Dev said that because it's old engine they would have to do considerable rework to get shadows easier on system.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back