Resource icon

Skins Ferrarri 458 Visual Update 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
So happy that the 458 is getting some much deserved love!
One thing that for me is trully dated on this car is the wheel blur. Would be fantastic to see it more akin to AC's McLaren MP4-12C style blurred rims. The star shape on the 458 is similar and Mac looks terrific in motion.
custom_showroom_1506250772.jpg

custom_showroom_1506250829.jpg

The real thing:
Ferrari-458-Spider-1.jpg

So happy that the 458 is getting some much deserved love!
One thing that for me is trully dated on this car is the wheel blur. Would be fantastic to see it more akin to AC's McLaren MP4-12C style blurred rims. The star shape on the 458 is similar and Mac looks terrific in motion.
custom_showroom_1506250772.jpg

custom_showroom_1506250829.jpg

The real thing:
Ferrari-458-Spider-1.jpg
I`ll see what I can do.

Oh wow, so it is possible! Super!
The blurred rims do look good already in your shot, but if I may suggest a couple of minor tweeks: firstly, accents to the the wheel nut and a bit of black stripe near the nuts;
458.jpg

secondly, maybe do away with the large chrome circle around the yellow logo, the nuts accents should supersede it anyway and there are no other parts that may create this circle in motion.
458_2.jpg

Lastly , maybe thin the blurred star of the overall rims a little (like in pic of the real thing), its a bit fat and wrong shape atm.
But very nice work, many thanks for the updates!

Oh wow, so it is possible! Super!
The blurred rims do look good already in your shot, but if I may suggest a couple of minor tweeks: firstly, accents to the the wheel nut and a bit of black stripe near the nuts;
458.jpg

secondly, maybe do away with the large chrome circle around the yellow logo, the nuts accents should supersede it anyway and there are no other parts that may create this circle in motion.
458_2.jpg

Lastly , maybe thin the blurred star of the overall rims a little (like in pic of the real thing), its a bit fat and wrong shape atm.
But very nice work, many thanks for the updates!

I'm not sure if one foto is enough to look at because it all comes down to the shutter speed of the camera. Check these:

2010-ferrari-458-italia-review-car-and-driver-photo-315504-s-original.jpg

Ferrari458_3.jpg

Oh shutter can do this for sure, the point is that shutter setting that makes star rims visible is just much cooler than the blurred circle we have atm. Not just my opinion, but see Top Gear camera man's shutter settings - the stars are there in full:
@1:10-1:13; 2:18-2:22;

Chris Harris's cameraman too:
@0:54-1:04

5th gear :
at 1:11 etc etc

Its just a cool cool sight, so why not recreate it in AC? Kunos did with the McLaren (and many/most other cars too), so yeah... :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years