Ferrari's future F1 car concept released online

Ferrari F1 Concept.jpg

Ferrari have released an outrageous concept for a possible future F1 car this morning.

The Italian manufacturer has never been too keen on F1's current, more fuel-efficient regulations, but this concept is positively Speed Racer-esque.

The bodywork makes it a closed-wheel car, and features what could be a fan system at the back, which Brabham raced with once back in 1978, or something completely different. Plus the driver's helmet is also somehow attached to the car's headrest? Maybe that's intentional, because of the cornering speeds and resultant G-Forces such a car would likely generate (though interestingly there's no closed cockpit, despite continuing debate over introducing them in order to improve safety).

About the only part that's probable in F1's immediate future are the larger wheel rims. But from this concept, Ferrari's looking much further ahead...

Check out the Ferrari F1 concept car in various angles on here.

It looks like a hot wheels car. The front wing doesn't seem to be effective at all, the car isn't open wheel anymore which I highly doubt F1 will ever allow and even though the head seems to be attached to the air inlet, it looks like it's only half the size of a helmet. If it's attached how would it even work with vibrations and bumps, as you would basicly become a milkshake without any damping system in there.
IMO it's more like fan art then it is a realistic concept for the future, much prefered the LMP1 concept of ferrari I saw however I don't think that was official.
1c.jpg

You really think everyone at Ferrari helped make this 'image'? :p
okay I admit one or two people probably made it and Ferrari may actually win a couple of races and I will look a fool for saying that but still, I just don't care much for when people come out with, oh this is what the future will look like with this concept and everyone knows it will look nothing like that

Its one of those things that Ferrari think is a great idea, until Red Bull or Mercedes do it better, then it's a 'ridiculous concept' with too much focus being put on aero.

Great looking car, especially the rear with it's IndyCar'ish design.

Love those out of the box designs and this is imo what F1 should be all about. Less rules when it comes to mandatory designs, more free testing and who knows we'll see such creations on the track in the future.

Well, looks like "Made in china" toy.
Pilots will have to reshape their bodies, or how it will work with that car-body shaped helmet?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%