F1 2017 Ferraris from 1995, 2002, 04 and 07 Confirmed for F1 2017 - New Trailer

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 1995 Ferrari.png

As part of the 'Classic Content' within the next official Formula One game, Codemasters have released a new trailer showing off a selection of Ferrari F1 cars due to appear in F1 2017.

Now let's be honest here, Codemasters have taken a pretty loose understanding of the meaning of 'classic' with this selection, adding cars from as recent as the mid 2000's doesn't really feel all that classic to me, or perhaps I'm getting old?

Anyway back on point, the four Ferrari Formula One cars due to appear over and above the 2017 challenger from the Scuderia have now been announced, and with no less than 39 Grand Prix victories amassed between the four models Codemasters have chosen some of the most successful cars ever to leave the Grand Prix factory in Maranello, including the less successful but absolutely stunning V12 412 T2 of Jean Alesi and Gehard Berger from the 1995 season, one of my personal all time favourite Ferrari Formula One cars every produced.

You can check out the new Ferrari Classic Content trailer below:

So without further ado, lets hand over to Codemasters themselves to introduce the "new" cars to the Formula One 2017 game out later this year.

1995 - Ferrari 412 T2
F1 2017 1995 Ferrari.png

As driven by Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger during the 1995 Formula 1™ season. Alesi won the Canadian Grand Prix in this classic car for his first and only race win, as the team accumulated 73 points to take third place in the Constructors’ standings. Notably, it is the last car to be powered by a V12 engine.

2002 Ferrari F2002
F1 2017 2002 Ferrari.png

During the 2002 season, this was driven by Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello, the F2002 is one of the most successful Formula One™ cars of all time, winning 14 out of 17 races in 2002.

2004 Ferrari F2004
F1 2017 2004 Ferrari.png

In the 2004 F1™ season the F2004 continued the run of success the team had enjoyed since 1999. With Michael Schumacher and Barrichello again at the wheel, they won the team’s sixth straight Constructors’ Championship and Schumacher his fifth straight Drivers’ Championship (his seventh overall). It remains one of the most dominant cars in the history of the sport, winning 15 out of 18 races, recording 12 pole positions and many lap records that have stood up until the new 2017 season.

2007 Ferrari F2007
F1 2017 2007 Ferrari.png

Best known for providing Kimi Räikkönen with his first World Championship title as he partnered Felipe Massa, with the car winning 9 out of the 17 races in the 2007 season.

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 25th August 2017.

Want more news? Fancy chatting about the new game with your fellow F1 fans? Cool ok, check out the Formula One 2017 Sub Forum then and get posting away!

Are you happy with the selection of Ferrari cars picked by Codemasters for the new title? Which other 'historic' content would you like to see added to the 11 proposed cars? Do you have high hopes for the next F1 title in the franchise? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to F1 2017 in the sense that it'll cause a price drop on F1 2016 (which I want to try pretty bad, but not $60 bad).

That said, do you know what would hold WAY more appeal to me from a content perspective than a partial set of classic F1 cars? An expanded career mode where you could start in a lower series and work your way up! They could even start with a baby step and implement GP2 with an eye towards adding lower formulae later (speaking for myself, I'd even be willing to pay for these lower formulae as career mode booster DLC).

I'm looking forward to F1 2017 in the sense that it'll cause a price drop on F1 2016 (which I want to try pretty bad, but not $60 bad).

That said, do you know what would hold WAY more appeal to me from a content perspective than a partial set of classic F1 cars? An expanded career mode where you could start in a lower series and work your way up! They could even start with a baby step and implement GP2 with an eye towards adding lower formulae later (speaking for myself, I'd even be willing to pay for these lower formulae as career mode booster DLC).

Just be patient. Sooner or later, f1 2016 will showed up on humble bundle either as humble monthly or codemaster bundle.

Don't know about you but I find it's hard for me to immerse into racing Ferrari from 95 with Williams from 92, And other combination Codemasters throw at us. Just can't get around that philosophy. :cautious:
Was it that hard to give us one classic season, if they already that into clasic content. But I would prefer one non-classic content of one lower category (GP2?) so we can advance though that into F1. If we fail ...we won't get a licence, and you have to restart your career.
I guess that would be too much of them to ask. In meantime we can race different Ferraris vs ....different Williams. Splendid. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

edit:
Actually, thinking about it now, it would be great if after some couple bad driving, Maldonado style, your licence could be questioned (not sure how this realistic is, did Maldonado licence ever been questioned?:)) Or downgraded like Kvyat, gone for TR from RB, or to Sauber from Ferrari...

Last edited:
Don't know about you but I find it's hard for me to immerse into racing Ferrari from 95 with Williams from 92, And other combination Codemasters throw at us. Just can't get around that philosophy. :cautious:
Was it that hard to give us one classic season, if they already that into clasic content. But I would prefer one non-classic content of one lower category (GP2?) so we can advance though that into F1. If we fail ...we won't get a licence, and you have to restart your career.
I guess that would be too much of them to ask. In meantime we can race different Ferraris vs ....different Williams. Splendid. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

edit:
Actually, thinking about it now, it would be great if after some couple bad driving, Maldonado style, your licence could be questioned (not sure how this realistic is, did Maldonado licence ever been questioned?:)) Or downgraded like Kvyat, gone for TR from RB, or to Sauber from Ferrari...
You won't be racing the Williams and Ferrari each other, since they will be available in separate publicity style events in career mode. As for being downgraded, if you underperform in a Mercedes for example, you may be downgraded to a Force India or maybe even a Sauber. Gp2 is probably going to make an appearance soon since FOM might buy it out, so we can junior formulae soon.

F2002, F2004, F2007 all have blank boots? guess Codemasters couldn't license Bridgestone tyres.
Seems odd they wouldn't have contact with Bridgestone given they did F1 2009 on the Wii/PSP.
Is the Red Bull RB6 blank sidewalls too?

Also why are the Ferrari cars allowed to carry Shell branding yet it's missing on the McLaren MP4/4.

Last edited:
It doesn't really make any sense given the branding is already on the front wing and nose cone though.
I'm wondering if codies are paying a 3rd party for vector logo artwork instead of getting them directly from the companies.
PD didn't have a problem getting them for GT5 / PSP though for the F2007.

i dont see the point, htese cars will have nothing to race against, do a full roster of cars from one classic season or don't bother
You can do multiplayer lobbies with 20 cars of the same, for example, Ferrari F2004. This might make a very equal leagues, where only your skill determines the finishing place you'll be. (Basically you can have very equal races with 20 of the same classic cars if you want...)
In Quick races - of course, it might not be interesting, but still - it's something a bit different.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back