RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Didn't get to practice this track midweek and struggled early on:sad: after lap 2 I was 20th thanks to Victor "crilly" Shaw wearing the wrong glasses again!! :glasses-nerdy:settled down into a good rhytim though and steadily picked places through the first half of the race, pitted after 40mins and came back on track 10th but once everyone had pitted I was 7th and only 15 secs behind little bro Laurance, with about 20mins to go I had closed the gap to 8 secs but Lewis Ferguson, who was a lap down, ran straight into the back of me at one of the hairpins from miles back!!! I suggest you borrow Victors glasses for the next one Lewis:glasses-nerdy:, This now left me 16 secs behind :pissed-off:but I tried to keep up the pressure and hope Laurance would make a mistake and by the last lap I was right on his tale :clap: The last lap was good fun but I couldn't bring myself to push him wide on the last corner:mean: and conceded defeat graciously:worship: Thanks to Andrew and RD for setting this up, brilliant racing as usual, see you all next week hopefully :)

Qualy: Qualified 10th with a 1:36.0xx, new PB, based on sector time a time below 1:36 was clear in range

Race: An ok start, after T1 was still on 10th. A little 'rustical' driving style by Richard in lap 1 put me in a little bad position for the last turn, had to go very wide to avoid people. Lost 4 positions due to that. Can't blame really anybody (pity isnt it :curl-lip: ). In the end of lap 3 I was fighting (fair) with Andrew about pos 11. He braked a little earlier than me before the last turn, the manover to avoid him damaged unfortunately my suspension. In lap 5 I did not make T1 100%, cost me my splitter and gave me am aerodynamic problem. Decided to take my pit stop in lap 23 a little earlier than initially planned and to repair everything, took my a more than 40 seconds pit stop. Dropped from 10th (that was for the magic position tonight) down to 14. In lap 32 (being again on 10, after overtaking people during pit stop and drop outs) Daniel lapped me. Just on the pit exit Paulo had to wait, so up to 9. On lap 34 I didnt make the tunnel entry well as I started sliding, hit the wall and Paulo who was behind me hit me, as he could not avoid me (I am sorry for that). Again suspension and aerodynamic problems :(. Was actually back to 10, raced for a couple of rounds was actually catching up with the guys in front of me, but Lewis was catching up faster with me, though he was one lap behind me, but that pushed me and I caught up faster with the guys in front of me :). Steven and Paulo were actually fighting with each other, Paulo hit the wall and I tried to avoid again in the last turn of lap 43 Steven and hit the wall myself. So back to 10 and got lapped by Nigel and Gregory. In lap 47 Steven and Paulo came again into sight so I thought yep, maybe a second chance, but I was looking a fraction of a second to long on my second screen and went to the gravel. As I knew the race would be over soon I slowed down a little (Michael behind me was far away) to garantee making it home, and 10th is not to bad.

Great race! Great fun! Great learning again! Thanks all!

Qualy:
p2 behind Ryan

Race:
Start was good and I was abel to pass Ryan into T1, little oversteern on T1 exit but ok lol.
Then Ryan outbraked me and took the leed. Then he nearly crahed into T1 and I was abel to overtake easy. Then Little car contact on tunnel 2 exit and then Ryan outbraked me into last courner but I regaind p1 on straigt. Ryan was then disapeard suddenly and ben behind me. now I see what happened ryan, think it had been a good battle.
I tryed to pull away from Ben but not to risk to much also, but a few times it was close to wall and I was shocked a bit LOL . 4 sec befor pitting it was I think befor ben. Then ben did something wrong in pits ? because after I was 14 sec in the leed. Tryed to hold it. Then Ben did another miskake ? cause I was then 24sec suddenly in the leed. Tryed to drive easy then not risking lol so finally I won it :dance2: :beer:

results: (Start pos and Qual time are wrong)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 183
Good Race in the end :)

**Quali**

Went bloody well,managed to stick it in 6th for just my 4th race, right in front of Nigel and Lee (that's when the mantra started, please don't balls up their start, please don't balls up their start, I thought my heart was gonna come through my chest LOL)

**Race**
Start went OK, Lee screamed by me into T1, then Nigel at the top hairpin, I was glad really that they were safely by me phew, P6...race on! Went a few laps with olaf behind me then outbraked myself into last turn, down to P10 and had a really good few laps with Kieran and Richard. Then coming out of T1 Richard went straight into a recovering Team N.I mini, with nowhere to go it was straight into Richard, down to P11 and suspension damaged. Tried to do a few more laps but kept understeering off into T1 so decided to pit, top up for the rest of the race, and try and get a few places back. Came out 17th and just kept grinding away as one after another people fell off/crashed/made mistakes. Got back upto 9th and with about 20 mins to go and had a really good race with Paulo Ribeiro P8, and Dietmar Auferkorte P10. Paulo, sorry for the bump into T1, hence letting you back a lap or two later, then good fighting until the end mate, we were millimeters apart down that back straight :) I just sneeked it with 2 laps to go. P8 Happy days

Thanks Andrew and RD for a great evening

mm-apart.jpg

Ermmm, I just (attempted) to drive a few laps here, but have spotted what might be a slight flaw in the lovely plan - my car was running VERY HOT after just one or two laps ... Oil temp over 112ºC :eek:
Tried longer gearing and stuff but didn't seem to make much difference.

Radiator is open 100% ...

Anyone else been on track yet and found anything similar, or can you shed light on what I am doing wrong as I ain't done much in the caterhams before.

BTW: I was in the Herr Fecker's car in game ... believe his first name might be Dosey if he drives owt like I did this evening :lol:

Has anyone tired to run a race vs the AI with these settings? 8 out of 10 times I blow up the engine on my Ferrari within just a few laps!! Usually it happens b/c I downshift with high RPM!!

Am I the only one seeing that issue with the Ferrari??

BTW, I don't see that in practice at all??

Has anyone tired to run a race vs the AI with these settings? 8 out of 10 times I blow up the engine on my Ferrari within just a few laps!! Usually it happens b/c I downshift with high RPM!!

Am I the only one seeing that issue with the Ferrari??

BTW, I don't see that in practice at all??

i have no idea i haven't tested the car yet, I,ll test it tomorrow to see if it happen the same to me. thanks to point that problem :yo:

• Andrew Dawes

Name on RD forum: Andrew Dawes
Name in game: Andrew Dawes
Your Country: Australia
Control: G25
Car: Alfa 07
Special remarks: Nice track.

Yep, blown my engine many times lol. Try and increase your radiator ducts and lowering your RPM to help, but you still have to be careful :)

Ok. I am glad you see it too Ryan. I thought I was going mad. It only happens after high speed downshifts. You actually have to break, let the revs go down and then downshift. Pretty realistic, but I doubt many of us will last for 60mins:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%