Alright when was that again.....?

My first thought after hearing the news was, no he shouldn't die! He's been retired for years, has reached the respectable age of 97, and yet that thought. With all due respect to other F1 commentators, there was only one real one, and that was Murrey Walker, especially back in the days with James Hunt. R.I.P. Murray, we will never forget you.

Murray Walker will always be a legend of Motorsports. His 'extended radio interview' (as he called it ;)) for F1's "Beyond the Grid" is one of the best episodes of the series, so I listened to it once more after knowing of his passing... I hope I can remain as enthousiastic as him if I make it to 97. Rest in peace captain.

Last edited:
An absolute legend he was and always will be the voice of motorsport, for me he was a big part of watching F1 and BTTC in the 80’s and 90’s............sensational! absolutely together! Look at that, It’s Cleland he’s getting out of the car! Never forgotten.....pole position Murray, pole position.

per usual I'm in minority
I like it :coffee:

Apple_1024x1024.jpg

What do you guys think? I honestly think this time they are struggling for real. I think come the start of the season red bull will either be the fastest or very very close to mercedes. Hamilton just had no confidence in the car. Seems like this is the beginning of the end for mercedes.

I wasn't a fan initially but Mr. Walker grew on me.
He could be over excited, irrational, warm, sympathetic, confusing, irritating, patronising, emotional, pragmatic, hyperbolic, funny, parochial and bloody annoying, but he was as great an enthusiast as one could wish to be front and centre of Formula 1 when it was the pinnacle of Motor Racing. I missed him when he 'retired' and we will not see his like in today's Politically Correct 'EffWun' circus.
Vale Mr.Walker.
aka 'Muddy Talker'.

Last edited:
Why does 'everything' Russian trigger Americans so much?
We need to get past this hatred of everybody in the World.
We are not 'boy scouts' and this is not healthy.
I'll get back on topic...
What do you guys think of the car other than the colors?
If you knew how many idiots there are in Russia who hate USA and blame it for all their problems. Idiots cannot be re-educated.

I did not grow up listening to Murray Walker. I hear him when I watch old races on F1 TV. I find it very interesting to read all the tributes of him being "the best." It's fascinating to me because, from an objective perspective, he wasn't really very good, at least not near the end of his career. He would get very confused about what was going on and he had to be corrected often by Martin Brundle.

What this really shows is how the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts. The unbridled enthusiasm that he brought to each event was incredible. When David Croft creates a malapropism, it makes me cringe and feel a little embarrassed for him. But when Murray Walker did it, suddenly a new "Murrayism" was born.

I think that a lot of the love poured out to Murray is due to nostalgia. To a lot of people, he was the voice of F1 and they associate his voice with their love of the sport. I think that is understandable and good. I have the same thing with my hometown baseball announcer who has been in his role for 30 years and is not as sharp as he once was.

The world is definitely poorer for the loss of Murray Walker. To me, the best thing we can learn from his life is - if you can, do what you love and do it like you love it. And also, don't take yourself too seriously. The Jeremy Clarkson interview where Murray Walker does a clip of Snooker demonstrates this perfectly.

So sad, Murray's was the first voice I heard when I watched my first F1 race in 97, was so disappointed when he retired. Rest in peace, I am sure he will be calling races with James Hunt up stairs.

I think initially they were in fact having issues with the new floor design. Their car was the best equipped and relied very heavily on this portion of the car. That being said they have some of the best engineers and staff on the grid. To think they will go into the first race anything but ready would be irresponsible. They have 7 straight constructors / drivers titles for a reason. That being said I am really excited with how the red bull performed. I think if Checo can get up to speed quickly we could be in for a very exciting drivers and constructors battle this year :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%