Alright when was that again.....?

I totally get that they put green on a Ferrari as St Patrick's day is coming up :p :D
The only green on a Ferrari should only be the Italian Flag.
Sorry Enzo but it's the money that puts gastly stuff on stuff

Ferrari need to hire a real livery designer and this green logo... :sick: The Haas is beautiful

Hmmm... I don't know. The Haas is sort of... meh. I'm already bored by it.

The clear winners of the livery competition are Alpine and Aston Martin. The losers are Williams :sick: and Ferrari.

By the way, has anyone seen that giant engine cover on the Alpine? I saw a photo taken while the camera was facing the car. It's huge! I don't know how much of an aero nuisance this will be.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the turbos themselves. Its the recover coupling.
It is the whole hybrid 'thing' I would like to see gone.
The recovery systems add too much complexity.
It also serves to drive the cost way up.
I want brake calipers doing the retardation at the rear of the car...not energy harvesting.
There was a time in F1 wherein a team of mechanics could change an engine and gearbox between a practice session.
The sheer number of electrical components as a result of the hybrid drive, makes that nearly impossible today.
I know what you're saying. At the very least ditch the MGU-H. They were considering it, but the manufacturers talked them out of it. So disappointed. Turbos themselves not an really the issue, but the MGU-H, and to a lesser extent the turbos do reduce the 'noise' some of us long to hear again. Ideally the whole RS would be removed the reasons you stated, however I'm ok with a simpler RS system. The other thing I don't like is while the RS adds complexity, these cars are getting so heavy. They're more than 100kg heavier than past cars, and they're also so long. I would want to see the cars become more compact, and much lighter again. It hurts the aero, but makes the cars more agile and they'd still be able to follow closely again.

If you really want to discuss what we'd like to see I'm all for it :)

What...no jokes about how the 1 primarily American F1 team has a Russian company as their primary sponsor? :confused:

I'm sure Haas would rather have an American sponsor, but they're not rushing in, are they? I'm not crazy about Russian sponsors either and about Mazepin, but in today's F1, the budgets are so insanely high that Gene Haas has to fund his team somehow. I just hope Mazepin's dad won't buy the team eventually, if Haas gets tired of F1.

In general, the livery is funny But green !!! what for?

Attention. It's an old marketing trick. Everybody is now talking about the (green) Winnow logo, how come? ;)

1615618401289.jpeg

Last edited:
Ferrari has launched their 2021 challenger, the SF21 ahead of preseason testing. Meanwhile the new Haas car has broken cover on day one.
  • The SF21 is set to be driven this season by Charles Leclerc and new signing, Carlos Sainz.
  • The Haas VF-21 meanwhile has finally been unveiled in the same livery that was presented on a previous car earlier this week.
  • The new Ferrari and Haas were in action today at Bahrain, with each team sharing running between both of their two drivers.
In the days leading up to testing, Ferrari revealed its new challenger, the SF21. The car's livery has divided fans, featuring a two-tone red and burgundy paint job, with a splash of green at the front of the engine cover.

The car features a number of interesting changes, including a new-look nose cone that the team will hope marks the beginning of a journey back towards the front of the grid. The SF21 will be driven by a slightly different line up after the departure of Sebastian Vettel to Aston Martin. Charles Leclerc and his new teammate Carlos Sainz Jr. who impressed at McLaren in the past two seasons will spearhead Ferrari's 2021 season together.

Speaking at the launch presentation, Sporting Director, Laurent Mekies spoke of the positive relationship that seems to be developing between the two drivers:

"We get a lot of positive energy from the early phase of the relationship between Carlos and Charles. Carlos has been spending a lot of time on the factory ever since he signed for us. He has been integrating himself into the team very rapidly is a curious guy who is open-minded. He comes with an interesting experience from all the teams and his relationship with the engineers has already felt very natural from day one. Now we are trying to make these exchanges with him deeper, denser, and it’s it’s progressing very well in that respect.
"Charles knows the team upside down, it’s his third year with us and we can see him developing every day, a little bit more as a leader. He is very conscious of the role he has in the team in and out of the car. The early phase of that relationship between Carlos and Charles is functioning very well, actually. They are already operating as as team mates, for example, when they come at the simulator’s or when they meet with the engineers for the development of the car.
"Of course, it is easy to have a good relationship in the winter months but I think they are genuinely enjoying each other’s inputs and approach to the team. And it is going to be a very positive starting point of the seasons with with them on board. Ultimately, they are a key part of the team. Their application, their enthusiasm, their energy will be essential in making the 2021 campaign a decisive step in the right direction for the future of our team."

The SF21 completed 116 laps of Bahrain today, with Leclerc and Sainz sharing the driving duties. It's easy to read too much into testing times early on, but the team will be happy to have completed over a century of laps relatively unscathed.

Meanwhile, the Haas VF-21 finally broke cover, after the team's presentation of its new livery. The car featured the same livery shown off at its launch, which had sparked debate given that it fell into a grey area regarding a ruling from the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The VF-21 will be driven by an all-new Haas lineup, comprising of Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin. The two starred in last season's Formula 2 championship, with the former being the eventual winner.

Like Ferrari, Haas also got its drivers to share duties on day one of preseason testing. Between Schumacher in the morning and Mazepin in the afternoon, Haas was able to complete 85 laps.

Let us know what you think of the very different looking Ferrari SF21 and Haas VF-21cars.

Well, and this is just my sarcastic joking ways here, but everyone is WOKE and GREEN otherwise you're an old neanderthal like me. That's why we have these loooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeelllllllyyyyyyyyyy sounding insane reving V6's we have today:roflmao::roflmao: I mean who wants 19,000-21,000 screaming banshee V110's anyway:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Oh how I miss proper F1 and yes, I'll keep on whinging until we get sights (pit babes) and sound back in the sport:D

Well, and this is just my sarcastic joking ways here, but everyone is WOKE and GREEN otherwise you're an old neanderthal like me. That's why we have these loooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeelllllllyyyyyyyyyy sounding insane reving V6's we have today:roflmao::roflmao: I mean who wants 19,000-21,000 screaming banshee V110's anyway:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Oh how I miss proper F1 and yes, I'll keep on whinging until we get sights (pit babes) and sound back in the sport:D
Frankly, I can do without grid girls. It's not like we live in Victorian England where we have to go to the circus to see some skin.
The sound, well, that's a completely different story. I remember the 80s turbo era and they didn't sound like Roombas back then.
I mean, Alonso drove his 2005 championship car and the entire paddock had a collective orgasm. You'd think FIA would get the hint.
Do they want to put antimatter engines? Fuel them with algae and tree bark? I don't care as long as they go back to sounding like F1 cars.
Fortunately, at my local track, in Sonoma, they have vintage F1 races. The driving is not spectacular, but the sound is to die for.

Hmmm... I don't know. The Haas is sort of... meh. I'm already bored by it.

I'm with you on the Haas, my first impression was that it was a nice, clean livery, albeit a bit uninspired. Nothing about it excites me particularly.

By the way, has anyone seen that giant engine cover on the Alpine? I saw a photo taken while the camera was facing the car. It's huge! I don't know how much of an aero nuisance this will be.

My two cents is that there's no way the PU guys at Viry would have got away with the Alpine needing that kind of packaging, unless they had found some serious power. Will be interesting to see where that Renault engine stacks up this year.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back