Ferrari FXXK Carbon

Skins Ferrari FXXK Carbon v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Ferrari_FXXK_Carbon - Carbon Ferrari

Hi Guys

One car I haven't driven in some time and also not my usual upload, but why not.
Simple, clean carbon look, not too shiny with a bit of matte.

Hope you guys like, have fun :)

View attachment 224366 View attachment 224367 View attachment 224368 View attachment 224369 View attachment 224370

Installation:

• Always backup!
  • Download zip file
  • Open zip file
  • Unpack and copy / paste/install

Read more about this resource...

Just a small advice: use a carbon "metal_detail.dds" instead. Don't paint in "Skin_00.dds" (except the red stripes). And why is "Skin_00_map.dds" all green?

There's no difference using a carbon texture with the metal_detail.dds or on the skin. The result is the same. The green color I chose specifically to highlight the carbon more and I did not want too much shine.

Just a small advice: use a carbon "metal_detail.dds" instead. Don't paint in "Skin_00.dds" (except the red stripes). And why is "Skin_00_map.dds" all green?

Appreciate the advice. This is how I'm used doing things, will try next time round and see if it works for me.
Thanks for the download too!

A "quick" test (had to isolate the stripes and tweak a carbon texture I had here) :
Xq0zqFl.jpg

Have a look, if you want: mod edit - link removed, please don't post external download links thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a look at your upload. Looks nice but I still prefer mine, if I wanted the car to be shiny I would have made it so.
This is why the description: "Simple, clean carbon look, not too shiny with a bit of matte"
Also my red has a bit more strength to it.
Appreciate the effort but will leave the design the way I wanted.

Regards

ClimaxF1

I didn't mean to make you change your design the way mine was. It was just a quick try to show the effect of using a "metal_detail.dds" instead. Matte carbon is a bit hard to get it right, I've tried it on the LaFerrari (with +- success).
The red I used was the one from another Kunos FXXK skin (official red?), of course.

I didn't mean to make you change your design the way mine was. It was just a quick try to show the effect of using a "metal_detail.dds" instead. Matte carbon is a bit hard to get it right, I've tried it on the LaFerrari (with +- success).
The red I used was the one from another Kunos FXXK skin (official red?), of course.

Matte carbon with a touch of shine is hard to nail. With this one I'm happy with the amount of shine and matte but also this was a quick job.

Sorry to be a pain, but I had nothing better to do anyway. Re-download my version and see if it helps for other future skins (the carbon parts):

MOD-Edit:

Second time that you are NOT following our Terms of Service.
External link removed.
Reply Ban given.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had a look at your last attempt. Nice but still not what I'm looking for. The skin I did came out exactly the way I intended it to be.
I like like yours but still too much gloss and the carbon doesn't pop as much as mine. The gold rims is something you either like or don't, not really for me, maybe black one's would look better.
This was a quick skin I did for fun and have no plans for any updates.
At this stage I'm busy with a series skin mod which is where I'm at and having fun with all the different skins.

Regards

ClimaxF1

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%