Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Patrick, just to let you know:
I installed both the Porsche and Ferrari as stand-alone. But none of the vehicles show up when you choose the mod, and even so when I choose "all vehicles".
Then I installed the Ferrari vs Porsche battle mod and all was OK.
I don't know what is causing this, but could you check the stand alone mods to be working without the battle mod? Thanks.

Another thing I noticed: first ride in the Ferrari created the realfeel.ini settings, OK.
Second ride withe Ferrari, but another team, created another rearfeel.ini line, although both lines are about the same car. Why do you specify a line per team?

Last edited:
@Patrick.. I installed this mod and entered the realfeel setting into the realfeel ini. I then tried the Ferrari and after the race I looked in the RF ini and noted that the setting was different to the one you provided. This is the aspect of realfeel that baffles me ! I was previously told that realfeel takes its info from the "description" in the vehicle veh file so I looked at your file and as i had chosen Chad racing, the realfeel setting shows up as that. See the difference in the settings in the attachment. Your settings show as entered, and then arthe bottom it shows the car I drove with different settings. Why does this happen? Do I need to go into your veh file and change the description to [F430G] instead of [F430GTC: Chad Racing 2010 #21] to get your setting to activate when i race a Ferrari. Appreciate any advice.

Attachments

• realfeel change.GIF
    realfeel change.GIF
    14 KB · Views: 437
Sorry Patrick but dont quite understand your reply.... your game uses the settings you posted in the mod each and every time you race no matter what car you choose and doesn't show up a setting based on the "description" in your vehicle veh? If you get a moment have a try in your mod at choosing one of the Ferraris and then afrerwards check your Realfeel ini and see what it says the setting was for your race. I guess it will be the last entry in the Realfeel ini. I am trying to understand it !!
ps. I am 63 so easily confused !!!!!

Thanks for these cars Patrick, can't wait to try them.

I just found a minor error in the Porsche v Ferrari mod (sorry) I'm not even sure if it will have much or any effect - I was nosing through the hdv files comparing the two cars, and I noticed in the Porsche HDV, two lines have become joined together:
FeelerFlags=15FeelerOffset=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0) // offset from cg to use when generating feelers

Thought I should mention it, but I really don't know if it would affect gameplay much anyway.

Thanks again, these look excellent, cars and tracks are all very much appreciated :)

Can you try to cut these lines in two parts please? I will ask renato about that.

Yes, I have changed it to

FeelerFlags=15
FeelerOffset=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0) // offset from cg to use when generating feelers

which is I am sure what it should be, and it works fine. I presume some of the damage detection may not work properly with the lines joined together, but that is just my guess as I have never messed with those.

Just tried the Porsche v Ferrari Mod, and thank you again, it is fantastic, I will enjoy racing these.

Oh, one more extremely minor point ( I promise it is not Pick on Patrick Day ) , but I noticed that Valentino Rossi is not in his number 46 car, which I thought was odd. Doesn't really matter of course, unless you're a MotoGP fan, but I will move him into the number 46 as it is definitely his car, with 'The Doctor' on the windscreen.

Great work Patrick, RSV and Renato :)

Yes, I have changed it to

FeelerFlags=15
FeelerOffset=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0) // offset from cg to use when generating feelers

which is I am sure what it should be, and it works fine. I presume some of the damage detection may not work properly with the lines joined together, but that is just my guess as I have never messed with those.

Just tried the Porsche v Ferrari Mod, and thank you again, it is fantastic, I will enjoy racing these.

Oh, one more extremely minor point ( I promise it is not Pick on Patrick Day ) , but I noticed that Valentino Rossi is not in his number 46 car, which I thought was odd. Doesn't really matter of course, unless you're a MotoGP fan, but I will move him into the number 46 as it is definitely his car, with 'The Doctor' on the windscreen.

Great work Patrick, RSV and Renato :)
Keith, please drive as If you were on PS1 in destruction Derby and check If collisions are ok please. With original lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%