AC Ferrari F40 vs RUF CTR Yellowbird @ Monza - Thursday 17 March 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Ryan

"Racing amuses me" - Enzo Ferrari
CLUB RACING Flyer.jpg

#TBT! Throwback Thursday turns the clock back to 1987 and a turbo battle ensues on the hallowed ground of Monza

Hi RaceDepartment! Throwback Thursdays aim to spice up our Assetto Corsa races with a look to the past where barriers were trees and courage was aplenty. This week we tangle with two titans of their age. When achieving 200mph was a like breaking the sound barrier for cars, Ferrari shocked the world with the F40. It needs no introduction here. RUF meanwhile was honing and sharpening the 911 into a razor sharp weapon of the road and unleashed the Yellowbird in the same year. Both cars redefined what cars were capable of and have earned their place in the hearts and minds of all car enthusiasts. When they go head-to-head around Monza though, which turbocharged, fire-breathing, missile will prove its unassailable dominance? Time for you to pick a side and sign up!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Speaking of premium members: we want you guys to experience what RaceDepartment Club races are all about so I have a special treat for you. The first five (yes you read that right) non-premium members that sign up for this race, will receive a complimentary one month upgrade to premium!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name: RaceDepartment #4 US
Cars: Ferrari F40, RUF CTR Yellowbird
Track: Monza

Practice (50 min): 20:00 EST | 00:00 GMT
Qualifying (10 min): 20:50 EST | 00:50 GMT
Race (24 Laps): 21:00 EST | 01:00 GMT

Entry List
  1. Ryan
  2. Matheus Machado
  3. Sun Levi
  4. Chris Stacey
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Freemium slot
  21. Freemium slot
  22. Freemium slot
  23. Freemium slot
  24. Freemium slot

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I know everyone is going to pick the F40, I'm going Yellowbird just to be the odd one out :O_o:

Would love to run these with you guys but can't make it at precisely that time. Let me know if it's re-run in future or if for whatever reason it is re-scheduled an hour an a half earlier or later! Have fun!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%