AC Ferrari F248 F1 @ Monza - Sunday 15 November

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry I had to pull out. Load cell broke in practice. Tried to practice braking with clutch, but it was impossible and unsafe.

Hope to see you next round, if I can find a load cell somehow.

Cheers for the race guys :)

Pretty decent performance from my side, bit surprised about that as I barely managed 2 consecutive clean laps in practice. Started from the pits as my ping was jumping between 60 and 80 at that point. Took a bit until I actually got to drive, shifted to 1st after the start and nothing happened. Was the right decision though, ping was never constant throughout the race, going from 60 to 160. Guess that's what you have to expect with your dad playing TrackMania and little sis watching a stream on twitch :coffee:. Still sucked :roflmao:.
Slowly fighting through the field, gaining places mainly thanks to others making mistakes. Had a few battles going on, but couldn't really enjoy them as the ping always teleported me a bit. Ended up 4th, a bit more than 10s behind the leaders.

Well done @Tobias Röhner for organizing. Would appreciate the results, if you already know how to get them :)

As for future F1/open wheel events, imo the F248 is a bit more difficult to handle than the FW31, but still a lot easier than the MP4-13 would be. Kind of expected the 1st lap troubles, this car is very fast, approaching turn1 with ~320km/h. I remember it took us a bit to get used to the high speeds with the FW31, and we haven't raced that one in a while. I don't mind continuing with the F248 on F1 Sundays, if you want somthing a bit easier to handle the FR3.5 would probably be best.

I'm trying to upload results, but somehow I can't make it display the results without the steam id's. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

Good race between Matheus and Geof but shame to see a lapped car interfere with that near the end. A bit more race etiquette needed to be shown by the lapped car.
I did apologise and explain what happened straight away on teamspeak. I was having crazy problems with lag all race with cars jumping around, and you were always a long way back on my screen. Then we get to the corner and your car suddenly appeared in the gravel trap, so I turned into the corner normally and then it lagged again and we were collided at that point.

I had a pretty good race but here and there almost lost control of this beast! You have to concentrate very good if you will finish this car unharmed. Especially avoiding the tricky curbs!

There's one thing I was a little annoyed over! @BioForce , when you get a blue flag you just need to let the cars pass by! I lost about 3 to 4 seconds in the 21st lap due to not giving me space and let me pass you! Have you installed Livetracker as an app?

If not, here's the link:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferito-livecartracker.3420/

@Jimlaad43 , you were lagging bigtime while your ping was about 90 what I have seen! Don't know what was happening! Did you have downloads on at the time? ;) At certain points you were going offtrack and suddenly went on track again! I saw it in practice and quali!

Last edited:
Hi Martin,

I have livetracker installed. I'm sorry if I held you up. Normally if I see someone is faster than me or if I get the blue flag, I let him pass. Don't know what happened there. Was not intentional.

Hi Martin,

I have livetracker installed. I'm sorry if I held you up. Normally if I see someone is faster than me or if I get the blue flag, I let him pass. Don't know what happened there. Was not intentional.

No problem mate.. you held me up a bit! I will post the replay later today! :)

No problem mate.. you held me up a bit! I will post the replay later today! :)
Ok, I watched the replay. Do you mean the incident where you came up behind me before the parabolica? I´m sorry for taking the better line. After that you passed me on the straight with no problem.

I´d like to know in general for future races, how do you guys handle blue flags? Has the backer have to leave the racing line to let the overtaker pass? In other series we kept the racing line to prevent accidents.

I found this in the rules:
  • Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.
I know, if someone is side by side not to hold against it and lift the throttle a bit, but in fast corners it might be dangerous.

Peace :)

Ok, I watched the replay. Do you mean the incident where you came up behind me before the parabolica? I´m sorry for taking the better line. After that you passed me on the straight with no problem.

I´d like to know in general for future races, how do you guys handle blue flags? Has the backer have to leave the racing line to let the overtaker pass? In other series we kept the racing line to prevent accidents.

I found this in the rules:
  • Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.
I know, if someone is side by side not to hold against it and lift the throttle a bit, but in fast corners it might be dangerous.

Peace :)

In general, we just try to let the the leaders past as safely as possible. I suggest sticking to your line and perhaps giving the passing car a bit of a benefit by lifting once he's made an attempt to overtake on the straight. We've had a few tight situations with traffic yesterday, especially into the chicanes. I'll try and add a bit of a disclaimer to future events :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back