Ferrari F2002

Cars Ferrari F2002 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Neither in my game nor in any player videos I've seen has the onboard sounded anything like the videos of the actual car.

Its probably what I presume is the transmission sound that's the most wrong, but then again AC can never seem to get transmission whine right ever.

But seriously, you can't tell me that this sounds exactly like the video you posted, especially at higher revs.

I'm not trying to piss on anybody's work, but I'm not going to lie.

• Deleted member 130869

I understand what you are saying ;).

The first thing I noticed when playing was the nnnhhhcchhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrr of TC heavy at work wasn't there, but you have to understand the youtube video and tv sounds you hear are far more shallow and high-pitched than the real thing. I have been to 6 races in different years and every time, except 2011, was a friendly reminder of that absurd power and low grunt. Being of a slightly different tune, when it's towards the lower end, is trying to emulate the conditions heard on track/cockpit.

The first thing I noticed when playing was the nnnhhhcchhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrr of TC heavy at work wasn't there

On this one you are right, but TC sounds are not working properly due to some bug that was introduced with the 1.3 update, nothing we can do about it.

Its probably what I presume is the transmission sound that's the most wrong, but then again AC can never seem to get transmission whine right ever.

And cocnerning transmission sounds, i guess you meant something else, the engine sound is so loud that you can't hear transmission sounds, the high revs stuttering sound is due to the car bottoming out, but i think i have already stated this.

My point is that i don't say the sounds are perfect, but is that you can't get any better sounds from onboards in my opinion. That's why i really want to know whether you have some high quality source or just the sounds are not fitting what you imagine the sound would be like.

Also, onboard sounds change quite often from race to race, take for example the barcelone onboard and compare it to the nurburgring one.

Last edited:
the engine sound is so loud that you can't hear transmission sounds
Well whatever the high pitched whine that overtakes all other sounds that isn't just bottoming out but a rather steady sound that builds as the revs get higher isn't right. The onboard sound is actually better the lower it gets.

That's why i really want to know whether you have some high quality source or just the sounds are not fitting what you imagine the sound would be like. Also, onboard sounds change quite often from race to race, take for example the barcelone onboard and compare it to the nurburgring one.
Its not what I imagine it sounds like its what the only references I've ever heard do sound like which is not like the mod's onboards neither compared to Barcelona or Nurburgring. I understand the limitations of trying to get a good sound done from the available sources but I don't think its nearly as close as you say.

Well, i don't know any sound modder that just takes onboard sounds and put them in game, they wouldn't sound good in game in their raw form, they need some processing to make them feel more onboard, more presence :)

When i said they sound the same (how wouldn't they since they were taken from those onboards :p), i meant the timber and the nature of the sound itself, not the exact sound of the onboard as it is.

• Deleted member 130869

Its not what I imagine it sounds like its what the only references I've ever heard do sound like which is not like the mod's onboards neither compared to Barcelona or Nurburgring. I understand the limitations of trying to get a good sound done from the available sources but I don't think its nearly as close as you say.

Can you post links to your references, even if they aren't good sources for ripping into the game? It does really seem like your baseline is skewed. You can hear a screaming F1 car from kilometers away. Even a GP2 car could be heard from very far away.

They're the same sources you're all listening to. One was linked in this thread by the guy I'm discussing this with, the other was referenced by him in contrast.

It does really seem like your baseline is skewed. You can hear a screaming F1 car from kilometers away. Even a GP2 car could be heard from very far away.
My baseline is not skewed, you guys are just incredulous to the idea that I could listen to the exact same things as you and have a different point of view. This entire time rather than trying to discuss what I'm trying to get at you guys keep musing on how I must be unreasonable in my expectations or have busted equipment.

I don't know what distance and volume has to do with what we're discussing. Just listen to any onboard of the F2002 and it doesn't sound like being on board the mod, not at higher revs. This wasn't mean to become such a grudge match.

• Deleted member 130869

This isn't a grudge match. I bothered neverkrash so much with my unrequited feedback on his samples. I've been in touch for over a decade with people who mod, have modded, or are professionals in the industry and do sounds.

The issue here is you seem to take certain videos and judge them as being what the car sounds like. It isn't. You have no idea the trouble the audio people must go through to obtain decent samples, much less good samples. Your idea of what it sounds like is skewed because what you think is the sound the car actually makes and sounds like in real life, isn't. That's the problem and you seem to struggle to grasp that.

This isn't a grudge match. I bothered neverkrash so much with my unrequited feedback on his samples. I've been in touch for over a decade with people who mod, have modded, or are professionals in the industry and do sounds.

The issue here is you seem to take certain videos and judge them as being what the car sounds like. It isn't. You have no idea the trouble the audio people must go through to obtain decent samples, much less good samples. Your idea of what it sounds like is skewed because what you think is the sound the car actually makes and sounds like in real life, isn't. That's the problem and you seem to struggle to grasp that.

hi all, congratulation to modder for this car destinate in logical, to the us market, by physic and creation , since middle of 90's for f1 ; my big problem is that i haven t sound on board

hi all, congratulation to modder for this car destinate in logical, to the us market, by physic and creation , since middle of 90's for f1 ; my big problem is that i haven t sound on board

Delete the folder "sfx" in content and may delete the fmod.dll (all 4 of them) in main directory. Do a file integrity check and resync the deleted files. If you have used "sound fixes" for older modifications in AC delete those files aswell. They might be incompatible with the latest AC Version.

Delete the folder "sfx" in content and may delete the fmod.dll (all 4 of them) in main directory. Do a file integrity check and resync the deleted files. If you have used "sound fixes" for older modifications in AC delete those files aswell. They might be incompatible with the latest AC Version.
thanks mister for these recommandations; i use windows defender to verify integrity . think it s the right way ?!

thanks mister for these recommandations; i use windows defender to verify integrity . think it s the right way ?!

• Use Steam's cache integrity check. Open your Steam games library, right click on Assetto Corsa and select "Properties". Click "local files" and then "verify integrity of Game cache";

@btk150 @Ferrari64
Apologies if this has already been reported but I've encountered a strange issue whereby the AI have no sound above a certain speed or RPM.

Just in a regular race weekend SP mode, the AI drives out of the pitbox producing the 599XX sound (not sure why) and then as soon as the pit limiter is lifted, the engine sound disappears and all that remains is the sound coming from the wind, tyres and a high pitched almost KERS-like sound.

Video:

Edit: Upon further testing, it appears that perhaps there is some sort of incompatibility between the @NeverKrash 599XX sound mod, and the Ferrari F2002 sounds. I just tested a bunch of F2002 AI with zero 599XX's and the AI sound was back to normal, but as soon as I add a 599, all of the F2002's lose their sounds.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back