AC Ferrari F138 @ Mugello - Sat 24Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey guys. These are my setups from tonight's race

On hindsight, I think my rear springs may have been too stiff so might be worth softening them 1 or 2 clicks down to 7 or 6

Sorry for posting it late :/

Attachments

• mugelloQ.ini
    2.1 KB · Views: 188
  • mugelloR.ini
    2.1 KB · Views: 173
Is that the bonnet view Fernando? Never thought about using that view. It obviously works for you in these cars. I may have a look at that myself. I just use cockpit and don't try others.

That was one of my best races yet, consistency is getting better though I tend to be stronger in the open wheelers as I raced F1 games for years. If only I didn't have that big off and I reckon I could have been slightly higher, also should have done a 2 stop.

On hindsight, I think my rear springs may have been too stiff so might be worth softening them 1 or 2 clicks down to 7 or 6

Very nice setup Tariq. I've just tried it before the server closed. Without getting used to it, with your race setup, i did a 1 second greater lap as compared with my quali time :) I wish you shared it before the race :D

Well, it was a pretty good race for me.

Was lucky to quickly find a decent setup for my driving style and able too to identify the car limits within. My strategy was to start on hards and switch to mediums for the reminder 20 minutes. I knew I would get some positions at the start but did not expect to jump so many places forward. I could find a good race pace and was gaining ground but I was unlucky to face a spun car in front of me not one, not two, but 4 times !! :mad: :laugh:. From those the result was an off track, a quick 360 spin recovery and one big big track out. Still was consistent enough and no mistakes on my own to fight for the 5th place on the final stages of the race.

I like this car so much. You can concentrate in what matters to me, that is driving, compared to more recent F1 and prototype cars, which requires more planning and strategy thinking per lap. Mugello is a great track for these cars. Hope we could drive this beast more often. Also, I was not very familiar with the ACRL DRS but it came very very handy to notify about the rules. This should be an OTB AC functionality.

Great racing with you guys again, just keep that rear end under control next time :whistling::roflmao:

Hey guys,

I wanted to apologise for my illegal use of DRS last night, regardless if others were using it illegally or not, I should not have used it. I realised that its better to race with honour and integrity and lose a position or two than to compete for a better position but cheat. This was wrong of me and I promise not to do this again.

For the next race, I will insure to upload the modified version of DRS on RD so that it works correctly for all of us.

I would really want to have a time to discuss some of your settings. There are some that kind of surprise me but seems that really work well. Thanks for sharing.

Hey guys,

I wanted to apologise for my illegal use of DRS last night, regardless if others were using it illegally or not, I should not have used it. I realised that its better to race with honour and integrity and lose a position or two than to compete for a better position but cheat. This was wrong of me and I promise not to do this again.

For the next race, I will insure to upload the modified version of DRS on RD so that it works correctly for all of us.
I think you did exactly the correct and honourable thing.
You stated before the race that if someone was racing against a person who was using the DRS at every opportunity, they should do the same. You found yourself in a position where your key competition was using it, so you used it. Level playing field, all good :thumbsup:
(To be honest, since it was described as optional, I wouldn't even criticise the other driver involved; he simply made a different choice.)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%