Ferrari Esports | Guess Who's Commentating!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sunday 13th September is race day! The Ferrari Hublot Esport Series AM Knock Out races head to Imola as 24 drivers race for the right to qualify for the main series.
  • Ferrari Hublot Esport Series is the first official Ferrari Esport series.
  • 24 AM drivers race 24 identical Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo cars in Assetto Corsa.
  • Paul Jeffrey and Nicki Shields bring you all the action
Ferrari Hublot Esport 3.jpg

Anyone who knows me is probably well aware I'm a busy boy aside from my RaceDepartment commitments, and one of the projects I'm particularly proud to be involved with is the Ferrari Hublot Esport Series - the very first official Esport series from the legend that is the Ferrari brand.

Ferrari Esport | Live From Imola 13/09 at 18:00 UTC: Watch Here.

Last weekend I was in the commentary box alongside TV's Nicki Shields as the festivities kicked off at Spa-Francorchamps, and frankly I had a blast. The racing was very clean, Nicki and I got on well together behind the mic and the broadcast was really well put together and looked great when I watched it back on the TV - it was a fun Sunday evening!

Ferrari Hublot Esport 1.jpg

Clearly I'm no fan of having a restful time between jobs, this Sunday we are back in action again as the AM knockout races continue at Imola - and it would be great to have the RaceDepartment community join in on the action too! Coverage begins at 20:00 CET / 19:00 BST / 18:00 UTC on the Ferrari YouTube channel, and it would be fantastic to see some of our RD community popping by and saying hello in the chat - enjoying some great racing and (hopefully!) cheering me on!

What Is The Series?
The Ferrari Hublot Esport Series is the first official Ferrari Esport championship developed to help the Prancing Horse find their next Ferrari Driver Academy Esport star. Using Assetto Corsa and the specially developed Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO car, drivers have the opportunity to set a qualification time on a different track each week, and the fastest 24 are then invited to take part in a knock out race on Sunday evening - with the top six finishers progressing to the AM Championship itself later in the year.

How Do I Watch?
The AM knockout races taking place this month, and the PRO AM championship itself are broadcast exclusively on the Ferrari YouTube channel. Races take place on Sunday evening from 20:00 CET / 19:00 BST / 18:00 UTC with a very short introduction segment from Nicki and myself, then straight onto the track for the 30-minute knockout race.

Alternatively you can check out the action on the official Ferrari Facebook page (CLICK HERE) and Ferrari Twitch channel (CLICK HERE) all starting at 18:00 UTC on Sunday 13th September.

Ferrari Hublot Esport 2.jpg

How Do I Take Part?
If you want to grab the opportunity to take part in a future AM race yourself, and gain access to the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO car in Assetto Corsa, all you have to do is fill out your registration details on the Ferrari Esport website (Click Here), join the server and set a fast enough time, then get out on the track and race yourself into the top six finishing positions!

What Do You Win?
Ferrari are looking for their next Ferrari Driver Academy Esport star. Not only do they want someone to represent the Ferrari brand in Esport competition, they want drivers who will join and immerse themselves in the Ferrari family. The successful driver will be immersed in the way of Maranello life, living and working at the Ferrari HQ and training alongside the Ferrari Young Driver academy stars in the year ahead. Teaming up with names such as Mick Schumacher and fellow F2 star Robert Shwartzman, plus reigning Formula One Esport Series Champion David Tonizza, this is a money can't buy opportunity to forge a career in Esport racing, and become a part of the most prestigious brand in world motorsport.

What Car Is Being Used?
The series participants have exclusive access to the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO car, developed in conjunction with the makers of Assetto Corsa, Kunos Simulazioni. I've been lucky enough to get some laps in with the machine prior to the series starting, and I must admit, it is rather impressive indeed:

So another adventure begins, and I've got a good feeling this is going to be the start of something exciting. I've been loving what I've seen so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the RaceDepartment faithful out on track, or in the audience in the races ahead.

Sim Racing is Awesome!

Ferrari Hublot Esport Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, Paul, now i can say i knew you before you hit it big ;)
Congrats Paul, sounds like a really cool gig. :)

Thanks chaps!

Race 1 was last week and I really enjoyed it, plus I love Imola, so looking forward to it :)

Hopefully its a good one and the RD massive comes to join the party!

Last edited:
Just watched the AM qualifier, Great job Paul, Ace commentary, Good info and driving tips for Imola chucked into the mix as well :thumbsup:
P.S I want to hear you say 'Sim racing is awesome' at some point in the broadcast! :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing