Ferrari Challenge

I was shocked that there wasn't a thread for this game.

Anyway, we all know that Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli is out but guess what, System 3 has announced good ole' DLC, which is supposed to come in a month's time. The planned release includes one new track, the Nürbugring GP Circuit (EUR 3.99), and five new cars including the Ferrari P4, Enzo Ferrari, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano and the Ferrari F430 Scunderia. There are also plans for future releases of a host of new tracks including Laguna Seca, Hungarorin, Donington, Barcelona, Monaco and Suzuka, and possible the LeMans track as well. There are also other fun-filled features which are soon to be out as well.

For my next post, I wil just give you all a synopsis of the game in general.

Bradley what you reckon on the game? I havent bought it yet, not hearing very good news about this.
Uhhh well the reviews all show that the game is cool and all but it's wasn't impressive to the point where you might wanna rethink GT5 or GTR Evo, etc. If you are a fan of Ferraris, it's worth it but the arcade action is not all that spectacular...most sites rated it like between 6-8/10. I was not impressed with what I saw visually...I think Mark Cale really was overconfident with his product. I understand his passion for the Ferrari Challenge series but it didn't really deliver what a gamer might want. What system do you have (I'm assuming you already have a PS3)...

I'm looking forward to GTR Evolution (PC) and RACE Pro (Xbox 360) though.... so you might want to check those out.

What i've read about the game that it is a waste of money, but when you are a Ferrari fan and you just want to have it in your hand with dust after a while... then you should buy it.

In other words, the game is not the game you are waiting for.

Mine personal opinion: Lot of negative information all pointing out that its better to have a look at EVO and GT5. (also what Bradley said)

Good luck with you choice.

What system do you have (I'm assuming you already have a PS3)...

I'm looking forward to GTR Evolution (PC) and RACE Pro (Xbox 360) though.... so you might want to check those out.

I have PS3, had an Xbox. Will have an Xbox thanks to Race Pro. GTR Evo is on my list but heard that its resource hungry. Wondering if me lappy will cope.

Ferrari Challenge Patch Released

A patch has now been released for Ferrari Challenge fixing a number of issues including online and AI problems. It is 60MB in size. Here is a patch fix list below.
On-line
- Numerous fixes to the On-line racing experience
- Added option to have races without car to car collision
- Added a 30 minute race duration
- Collision Penalty system improved
- General lag and collision performance improved
- Name Tags can be toggled on and off
- End of race experience improved
A.I.
- Defending the inside line has been improved
- A.I. will now try to stop a player drafting, within reason
- Being too aggressive towards an A.I. racer will result in them being aggressive towards you for a set period of time
- A.I. will overtake on the entry to a corner by diving up the inside when appropriate
- Difficulty is selectable between Automatic, Beginner, Intermediate and Expert
General
- Accuracy of the time to car in front and behind indicator, as displayed on the HUD, is improved
- Force Feedback strength can be adjusted on all wheels
- Scaling issues in the Vinyl Tool fixed
- Engine sounds improved (sto jos mogu unaprijediti ovdje uopce )
- Reduced volume of grind gear sound
- Assist cheat fixed
Leaderboards
- Both Time Trial and Ranking leaderboards fixed
- The accuracy figure shown in the Ranking leaderboard is your best Tutorial score

hi guys

now i have my own ps3 since 3 months....

i rent ferrari challenge for a day....

the game is so terrible bad.....unbelieveable..... graphic terrible... physic terrible......

please : NEVER BUY THIS GAME:.....

its not on PS2 LEVEL!!!!

Greetz marcel

Moar screen shots...

Check out all 22 here.

Attachments

• fc_01.jpg
    fc_01.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 269
  • fc_02.jpg
    fc_02.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 299
  • fc_03.jpg
    fc_03.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 285
  • fc_04.jpg
    fc_04.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 300
Just wanted to post my thoughts on this game as there does not appear to be anyone on hear who has a positive thing to say about Ferrari Challenge.

I would start by saying that the game was released with quite a few bugs and problems, this has unfortunatley created a lot of negative press about the game. Patch V1 was released recently which sorted out a lot of these problems. Patch V2 is imminent and should sort out most of the rest of the issues.

Now onto the positives. This game is immense, the handling model is just awesome. Easily better than Forza or GT5's and comparable with PC Sims. You have to remember that most of the negative comments are on console forums, posted by kids who are used to Burnout or Grid. The game is difficult and they seem to think that means crap.

I implore anyone with a PS3 and a wheel to give this a go, you will not be dissapointed.

V2 Patch Changelog

changelog
Please find below a list of all the features and enhancements contained within Patch V2. It is in the final stages of testing and we are expecting to deploy it, subject to Sony approval, in early September.
General Features and Improvements
- Added Trophy Support
- Added Custom Play list functionality
- Added Photo Mode to the Showroom which saves a screen shot of the car to the PS3 hard drive
- Added split times in Time Trial
- Improved the overall frame rate
- Improved performance of the Thrustmaster wheels
- Game now pauses automatically when the XMB is on (except during multiplayer)
- Added a gear indicator to in car view
- Added an option to invert the G25 sequential shifter
- Added difficulty based AI qualifying times
- Added G25 wheel configuration to include look left / right on the front facing red buttons
- Added a basic racing line to show the racing line only and not braking zones
- Players can now change their name under the Team option
- Increased transparency of tire smoke
- Improved the penalty zone on first corner in Monza
- Replays are available for races in which the player retired from
Online Features and Improvements
- Private lobbies can now be created with half or all slots being reserved
- Host can now specify the maximum driving assist levels
- Host can now specify the grid order based on ranking (taken from the tutorial score), or lap record for the specified circuit and can also reverse the grid based on these criteria i.e. best at the back.
- During race player names can now be toggled on / off by pressing R3
- Race results alternate between race time and fastest lap during multiplayer races
- When searching for games, the server select screen now includes the status ‘SYNCING’ to show that the game will begin imminently
- Server list screen now displays car name, grid order, and transmission options
- Opponent voices can now be muted
Online Fixes
- Significantly improved connectivity and reduced the likelihood of disconnects
- Fixed issues with collisions
- When a player leaves a net race, it now says they have retired from race as opposed to finished
- When receiving the ‘Room no longer exists’ message players are now returned to the join game screen
- Removed 2 second pause as players entered / exited a game while racing
- When returning back to the join game match making screen, the default car is now the last one selected
General Fixes
- Fixed potential issue with save games becoming invalid after a set number of events are completed
- Fixed hang after watching a replay when the rev bar was on
- Fixed potential issue with not being able to unlock ‘The Collector’ accomplishment
- Fixed the “Hard Lines” accomplishment
- Fixed black track when racing line disabled
- Fixed driver disappearing with the car when driving through opponents in multiplayer
- Fixed engine popping in replays
- Fixed broken shadows in the pit lane
This patch contains several additional features which have been developed as a direct response to feedback from the community. Whilst it is not always possible to accommodate every feature request, we have worked hard to include everything practical.

Like I said patch V2 should sort out a lot of issues :D

It's great to see a developer supporting there game so well after release. I've been quite disheartened recently with terrible support for games after release. And I know a lot of people will say,'they should have got it right first time.' Wich is true but at least they are prepared to spend time and money to get it right through patches. +1 to system 3 :thumb:

• Chad711

I picked up this game yesterday. I heard how great the graphics are so I wanted to see what it was all about. I play on a 1080p Sony LCD. I wasn't impressed by this graphics. The ffb for this game is way to strong. I have the settings on low and still it is a work out!

Might play through the challenges then put it on Ebay. Don't really see me having enough time to even play it since I'm a GTR-Evo and GTR2 nut!

• Spinoff360

Will finally have this game on Monday. Have it pre-ordered at EB but for some reason this game has not shown up in Canada yet. French manual delay or something probably. But a friend of mine is coming from the US and bought it for me since I have never heard of the word patience so will just have to cancel my EB pre-order. Most I have looked forward to a PS3 game in a while since I buy multiconsole games on the 360.

• Chad711

This game didn't hold my attention for more then a week. Selling it now on Craigslist. Graphics are nice and all but if I am going to be racing at all it seems I cannot break away from Simbin titles, Evo in particular.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%