rF2 Ferrari Challenge @ Spa de Francorchamps - Fri 12th Sept

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
6iXiPLs.jpg

Ferrari Challenge 2011: No rear spoiler, 7 gears, 300km/h topspeed and an (almost) locked setup menu - close racing guaranteed

Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM FC
Cars: Ferrari Challenge 2011 (Download)
Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Download
MOD: Download
via Server

Weather: Dry
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists:
Traction control:
Allowed
ABS: Allowed
Auto-clutch: Allowed
Auto-shift: Allowed

Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:20 GMT - 10 mins
Warm up: 5 mins
Race : 45 mins

Racedepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
Clock GMT: Click here

Sign-up list:
  1. David O'Reilly
  2. Jeff Lasecki
  3. Andreas Lündin
  4. Gijs van Elderen
  5. Joao Fernandes
  6. Peter Stokman
  7. Balazs Kiss
  8. Fabio Calcio-Gandino
  9. Mate Csondes
  10. Patrik Bachrati
  11. Tamas Cseh
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver

Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks!

Last edited:
I am in please.
When you drive this car you feel like you have bought one. One of the best cars in RF2 and produces great racing.
Might involve a pit stop!!

Whats the rules regarding ABS and TC?
IRL 458 Challenge has ABS (using the latest ABS, but without power assist) and TC (use the F1-Trac traction control system) according to different sources (like http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ferrari-458-challenge-official-specs-and-image-22449.htm and http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/ferrari-458-challenge).
Andreas,
I seem to recall we dont have ABS or TCS in this race. I might be wrong.
However it creates incredibly close racing.The car is very manageable but you need to practice a little to master it.
IMO regardless of what happens IRL what happens here is exquisite RF2 racing. The dynamics of the car and the tight setup menu works very well.This mod is in the top group of RF cars.
See you on track.

EDIT: if you want a setup (this car tends to understeer a lot on defaults) send me a PM.

Thanks. Just wondering since there was a thread regarding TC (and ABS) in the paddock club.
Anyway I´m struggling to get my laptime low and the setup to work fine. Found a good base setup on the download section. But I wonder if the AI has ABS and TC since they seem to break later and harder than me....

They may. AI is a real variable in RF2. depends so much on the car and the track. Sometimes I have them at 90% sometimes at 100% or even 105.

IMO TCS would be very slow in this car as the trick is to get the rear to rotate. TCS will just make it push into understeer.
Watch you front tyre temps. If only they are heating like mad mid corner its understeering too much. Need to get th erears involved a bit. Races have been lost on tyre wear in this car( which is quite cool really).
As the setup range is limited I think you might need to add some rear tyre pressure and spring and damper as well as lowering front. Also min diff lock on power side. Have fun.

Thanks. Just wondering since there was a thread regarding TC (and ABS) in the paddock club.
Anyway I´m struggling to get my laptime low and the setup to work fine. Found a good base setup on the download section. But I wonder if the AI has ABS and TC since they seem to break later and harder than me....
Ah that was prob mine then anyway. In the folder "Multiple setups"
@Davy Vandevenne
@Miroslav Davidovic
Seem to recall you are both fast in this car, will we see you gents at this one?

Whats the rules regarding ABS and TC?
IRL 458 Challenge has ABS (using the latest ABS, but without power assist) and TC (use the F1-Trac traction control system) according to different sources (like http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ferrari-458-challenge-official-specs-and-image-22449.htm and http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/ferrari-458-challenge).

Indeed: the real car has 3 TC settings: Off, low, full and ABS on or off. Therefore it should be available for us to use too. I will set the server to allow TC and ABS. ;)

Thanks for sharing the info. :thumbsup:

You can turn them on/off with the F7 and F8 keys on your keyboard while driving.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.5%