rF2 Ferrari Challenge @ Nürburgring - Fri 13th June 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Wow, that was fun.

First race was messy and I kept messing up the first corner and lost loads of time in the uphill left right-er. And I needed to get to the pit due to not enough fuel.. got lapped when I came out of the pit.

Second race there were problems in the first corner which made me go from 5th to 2nd and even later due to a mistake from Dennis I could snatch 1st for 1 lap. :) Ofcourse Davy got his place back without much fight. :)
Made a mistake here and there and lost 2nd to Dennis.. When I realized David smelled blood I decided to push more than saving tires. I closed the gap to Dennis within 1 second and to David 3 seconds than I made a small mistake and the gap grew to Dennis.

I had to settle 3rd. :)

Great fun tonight. Thanx guys!!! :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
Well that was a great bit of racing.

Davy Vandevene had huge pace in quali. I rode on board for a lap and got some ideas about line and gear selection and found 2 sec. He was kind enough to also send me a setup. I tested it but strangely I was faster with mine.

Race 1.

Miroslav was P2 on grid and they both started to make a big gap. 5 sec after 2 laps, 10 sec after 5 laps. Maybe 15 sec at ½ dist.

I had a small but comfortable gap to Stefan and Dennis.

Miroslav mentioned in the lobby that he was getting very bad tyre wear! I wondered what might happen!!!!

At ½ distance he started to come back to me. I tried to keep good pace but stay patient. With 5 laps to go I was now on his gearbox and he seemed to have tyre issues. On the exit of T4 he had loss of traction and a sideways moment. It was enough to get alongside and claim the apex of T5.

It was very realistic stuff and quite thrilling.

I finished P2 behind Davy who was off in the distance by some 30 sec.

Race 2

Miroslav was optimistic at T1 at the start and had a slight “Grosjean at Spa” moment (no offence intended and Miroslav has apologised to the field and all accepted). Which effectively gave us a reverse start order from that point.

Davy hunted me down quite quickly and I was able to defend successfully but then decided it was all costing me pace to try to catch to Dennis and Stefan so let him through and give him a chance to take the win.and me a chance to follow him and pass the guys. Miroslav was P5 and say +5 sec. He had good pace but I suspected that by the time he caught me his tyres would again be on the way out so I was relaxed about that challenge.

Well they both had found a bit more pace and I couldn't do it. I once “smelled blood” as Stefan put it but he upped his pace. Stefan had a couple of moments but both times I was too far back to capitalise. I was P4.

Thanks for the race guys. It was a beautiful mod and great mod for close racing.

Cheers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing