AC Ferrari Challenge @ Imola - Thu 26Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm gonna have to pull out of this one. Hurt my ankle yesterday with football and with the way you're supposed to brake with these kind of cars in AC, I'm not gonna be able to keep that up for a race. Won't be enjoyable for me anyway. See ya next time!

Thanks for putting on the event @Eugene Abramoff really enjoyed my first race, obviously start of a big learning curve!

Can I ask... did everyone use a modified set-up? I only ask 'cos apart from tyre pressure I had no idea where to start making changes so left it standard apart from 1 click softer anti-roll bars. Would like to get into setting the car up if anyone could point me to any tips/tricks - pm's if it clogs the thread up.

My apologies to @Dennis Phelan for the nudge in the qualy race coming out of the hairpin.

Thanks for putting on the event @Eugene Abramoff really enjoyed my first race, obviously start of a big learning curve!

Can I ask... did everyone use a modified set-up? I only ask 'cos apart from tyre pressure I had no idea where to start making changes so left it standard apart from 1 click softer anti-roll bars. Would like to get into setting the car up if anyone could point me to any tips/tricks - pm's if it clogs the thread up.

My apologies to @Dennis Phelan for the nudge in the qualy race coming out of the hairpin.
Glad you have enjoyed it. I think majority changes setups and many really know what they are doing, so just don't hesitate to ask. Best time to do is on TS during practice, because you can get help real time, you can of course talk about it here as well.
I had more camber, front and back (I think you need minimum -2 degrees or more with those tires), stiffer rear roll bar and stiffer front springs.

Can I ask... did everyone use a modified set-up? I only ask 'cos apart from tyre pressure I had no idea where to start making changes so left it standard

Hey John, I ran the default setup, I decided to race this race very late, I did a 1:47.2 on stock setup my best lap, but if your new don’t bother to much with setups yet, First become fast without it them modify to setup that helps your driving style, I could have got about a second faster with setup, but I just wanted to have fun. Most of the time people make a setup and then can go backwards instead of forwards. I hope this helps.
Race 1 fifth and Race 2 I got smashed from behind so couldn’t race with Eugene again and the boys

Thanx All

Hey John, I ran the default setup, I decided to race this race very late, I did a 1:47.2 on stock setup my best lap, but if your new don’t bother to much with setups yet, First become fast without it them modify to setup that helps your driving style, I could have got about a second faster with setup, but I just wanted to have fun. Most of the time people make a setup and then can go backwards instead of forwards. I hope this helps.
Race 1 fifth and Race 2 I got smashed from behind so couldn’t race with Eugene again and the boys

Thanx All
Thanks for this Anthony, makes perfect sense - and not just the car, I really need to find a way to get more feel from my wheel/pedal set-up, especially the brakes. Will work on it;)

John

Yes.
Now I always first setup the camber and the toe, thanks to https://www.rac edepartment.com/downloads/camber-extravaganza.19703/ .For this track my camber was at it's minimum on the front and on the back.
Then I setup both suspension and roll-bar. For this race the suspension was stiff but I did not found the good anti-roll bar setup, the balance was not ok.
Then I setup tyres. Not that some says to focus on pressure more than tyre temp.

A good trick to me is to do like 2 free practices of 10/15 laps few days before the race. Seems that the brain works better when it has the tim to assimilate the car behavior :p

Last, my personal trick, I deactivate all electronics during first laps to feel the real limits of the car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back