Ferrari Challenge Event.jpg

Event Details:
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F458
Track: Croft
Car: Ferrari Challenge
Mod:
Download via Server

Everything should be downloadable via server, upon login.

Weather: Mixed
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists
Traction control:
Allowed
ABS: Low
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
Practice:
20:00 GMT
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 20:30 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 20:40 GMT - reconnaissance lap + 30 minutes [standing start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here

1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. ...
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 1

Last edited:
This combo is not good enough sorry. The track looks like something from a playstation 1 game!! It's enough to put anyone off. Can we stop using tracks from 10 year old games and try and keep it more up to date. I appreciate the work the staff do in organising these events but in my opinion, we may be having more none events If we carry on looking back instead of forward. If I wanted to play Live for Speed or Rfactor one, I would buy them. What about all the Racerfactor tracks plus the ISI stuff? A full grid for Croft tonight is great and the track and combo are up to date so hence the interest but seriously some of the tracks and combos over the last few weeks have left a lot to be desired and I feel I don't want to even play RF2!!! Sorry to sound negative but for people like me that aren't able to participate in the leagues then our fun has to come from these club races and If it doesn't appeal then we just left to hotlap alone or single player. Disagree all you want people, that's absolutely fine but these are my thoughts. Thanks

This combo is not good enough sorry. The track looks like something from a playstation 1 game!! It's enough to put anyone off. Can we stop using tracks from 10 year old games and try and keep it more up to date. I appreciate the work the staff do in organising these events but in my opinion, we may be having more none events If we carry on looking back instead of forward. If I wanted to play Live for Speed or Rfactor one, I would buy them. What about all the Racerfactor tracks plus the ISI stuff? A full grid for Croft tonight is great and the track and combo are up to date so hence the interest but seriously some of the tracks and combos over the last few weeks have left a lot to be desired and I feel I don't want to even play RF2!!! Sorry to sound negative but for people like me that aren't able to participate in the leagues then our fun has to come from these club races and If it doesn't appeal then we just left to hotlap alone or single player. Disagree all you want people, that's absolutely fine but these are my thoughts. Thanks

Which car and track combinations in particular are you referring to Jim?

The reason why we're racing at Blackwood is because there's a planned rally-x event on Friday - this is something fun and a bit different for rF2 - and thus, in keeping with the comment you made last week regarding consistency, we're holding another event at the circuit (granted it's not on the rally-x track, but that's because there weren't many workable combinations with other cars, and we wanted to make the event unique / special). I spent of lot of time deliberating about this week's events - I knew it would be tough to draw people in to race at Blackwood, but I thought that we'd at least get a couple of drivers, in particular those who enjoyed racing at Blackwood in LFS. However, I was aware that this would only have limited reach, so I eventually decided that the race would feature the Ferrari Challenge mod, which has proved to be quite popular. Let me put it this way - decisions were not taken lightly when coming up with this event, and unfortunately not every event is always a winner. But when I try to satisfy your requests beyond racing I can't win either.

There are several "old" tracks that still bring drivers flocking, in particular Sebring, Mid Ohio and Le Mans (all by Virtua_LM). However, based on your philosophy of only looking forward, are you saying that you wouldn't drive at these circuits since they are essentially conversions of the rF1 mods?

In my honest opinion not all of the RaceRfactor tracks are perfect. Some look pretty decent, but others look a bit desolate, not to mention that some (if not all) have a rather distracting bug where the track surface becomes fully reflective under certain lighting conditions (I'm not sure if this has since been fixed, but it was certainly an issue before). Meanwhile, the ISI tracks do often look good, as do the Nürburgring / Nordschleife, Poznan, Euro Ring and a few others, but we can't keep re-using the same tracks over again else you'd get bored of them and that would be something else to complain about. Hence we try to mix it up a bit with the tracks, and occasionally pick things that look interesting or haven't been used in a while; based on feedback and the success of events we can then decide whether or not a track will be used again. It's safe to say that Blackwood (certainly the main circuit) will not be used for club racing again.

Given the lack of interest towards this event, and to appease the rF2 club racing community, there will be a change to run this race at Croft instead of Blackwood. The server shall be updated shortly.

Are you confusing Blackwood with Croft?y Croft is an amazing track and really up to rF2 standard I think it was newly build for rF2.

Have a look (and thats with lots of video compression):
rFactor2 APEX Mercedes SLS @ Croft:

Are you confusing Blackwood with Croft?y Croft is an amazing track and really up to rF2 standard I think it was newly build for rF2.

Have a look (and thats with lots of video compression):
rFactor2 APEX Mercedes SLS @ Croft:

No, Jim didn't confuse the tracks. It's my fault: this event was originally intended to be held at Blackwood, but I have since changed it to Croft due to the lack of interest. ;)

@Daiman Patel Listen, I realise you can't please everybody so just do what you do and ignore me, I'm just a moaning old git.

Not at all. I can understand where you were coming from regarding the combination, and the poor quality of Blackwood in comparison to many of the other tracks that are available. As I said, the only reason I chose this track is because the (intended) main race of the week - the Rally-X - is at Blackwood (since this is really the only option for such an event), and so for consistency I thought that other events should also be at this circuit. The Monday event was an anomaly - using a different circuit - as the Clio has recently been updated but not yet used in a club race. Blackwood would have been boring in the Clio, so I chose Croft instead.

Given the popularity of Croft I changed this event; it has been on short notice, but there are still no sign ups whatsoever, which suggests that there's still no interest in this combination (but I don't think this is likely), or people are preoccupied with other events in other games (for example, the GSCE team is currently running a league with races every Wednesday night for 8 weeks, and a few of the rF2 drivers are competing in this).

Anyway, that's enough of me trying to defend my decisions. :p As I've said before, I appreciate feedback, and if you feel as though we've made a mistake or an event combination could be improved then just send me a PM as soon as possible so that we can try to rectify the problem. Every now and again a seemingly naff track or car mod pops up because we want experiment with something different, and see how people take to them for future reference. ;)

Whew! Glad I read all of the posts. I downloaded Croft and the Ferrari and thought what am I missing? I thought it was a great track decent graphics and was a nice run. As far as opinions, that's one thing I like about this place, everyone can voice them and folks actually get along. As for old, well, I too fit that category and just disregard everything I said in this post.... LOL!!!

Dan ..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years