Not open for further replies.

Dennis

RedShift Racing
Dennis submitted a new resource:

Ferrari Challenge 2011 - Ferrari Challenge 2011 by simtek

created by simtek

View attachment 56318

Features:
-REALISTIC PHYSICS MADE UNDER FERRARI TECHNICAL MANUAL FROM THE MANUFACTURE!
-CHASSIS FLEX IMPLEMENTED
-REALISTIC TIRE PHYSICS

Known issues:
- Need to improve damage
- Need to improve headlight textures
- Sounds need improvements aswell

CHANGE LOG V0.81:

- Fix Dirt windshield texture (Now more cleaner)
- Fix undertray issue
- Fix SteeringWheel Axis
- Animated hands on wheel are better
- Some...

Read more about this resource...

just awesome!! for me, the greatest simcar : as good as the FVA version with ISI AI...there is no better!
Perfect FFB/Physics...it's not a car, it's a miracle.

• Deleted member 5090

How can i deactivate the Head movement in the cockpit view?

@Andre Konetzka As Jeff pointed out you need to do the changes by hand in the player.plr file (or player.json since the latest build).

You need to search for values like this:

Code:
Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="0.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="0.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation
Car Vibration Mult1="0.00000" //

In JSON it looks like this:

Code:
"Car Vibration Mult1":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult1#":"Primary engine vibration multiplier affects position of cameras attached directly to the car",
    "Car Vibration Mult2":0,
    "Car Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary engine vibration multiplier affects orientation of cameras attached directly to the car",

Make sure to set it all to 0 :)

okay I see what andre means its the exaggerated head movements. I found the headphysics file in the main mas of the Ferrari. But when I change it to default ISI values (using the civic files for the copy) the mod then corrupts.

Is it possible the mod maker could make a version with normal head physics from an ISI car aswell?

otherwise great mod but I cant get on with the movement, and don't want to change the plr file and effect all cars.

cheers

@Msportdan You can change the head physics yourself in your player.json file (just search for "head").

You can also completly deactivate head physics (useful if you use low FOV values). I think that setting was called "disable head physics".

thx for the reply but I don't really want to mess with the PLR file and all the cars head motions as im happy with the ISI content. But I noticed the headphysics file in the Ferrari mas is totally different, how can I get the mod to work with altering this file.

Repack the mas file with your adjustments and create a mod update or create a completly new component with your mas and the other original mas files.

Here is the official tutorial:

Might take you a few tries until everything works like you want it to if this is your first time creating a rF2 mod :)

Hello,having no luck. Could you help and make the mod with the civic head physics value in please. Just copy the whole.doc into the Ferrari head physics file.

If you could do that will be much appreciated mate. :) dan

GPfan updated Ferrari Challenge 2011 with a new update entry:

FERRARI CHALLENGE 2011 1.0a

url]
Ferrari Challenge 2011 V1.0a

View attachment 111979

Chage log v1.0a:

- Physics updated
- Tire physics with CPM model
- New Chassis flex configuration
- New external sounds
- New Shaders
- New headlights with Flares
- Tires textures working
- New driver and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This update (v1.0a) is a blessing since i'am such an avid fan of your Ferrari Challenge. I noticed this update is 35 mb smaller in size so i assume there was some optimization too. Thankyou for this update for an already awesome mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%