Ferrari career helmet

Helmets Ferrari career helmet 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
thompeterse submitted a new resource:

Ferrari career helmet - A helmet for a Ferrari career.

A helmet for a Ferrari career! A helmet without any numbers of names so it's easy to use as a career helmet:)
If you do want a number or name, send me a message;)

You can install it by either using the Ego erp archiver or just drag and drop the erp & mipmaps files in the following folders:

ERP: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2019

Mipmaps: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1...

Read more about this resource...

Sorry for the noob question but I followed the drag and drop instructions to the letter -- is the helmet supposed to just be there? Its not in my hand, or in the default list.

Again, sorry for the newbie question, first attempt ever to use a custom helmet. (great job,btw)

Thanks in advance.

Hey! No problem man, it's everybody's first time at some point;)

The game does not load the helmets at launch. So what you need to do is go in to time trial and just drive on track. It doesn't have to be long and it doesn't matter which car or which track you use. By doing this the game loads the modded helmet. Now you should be able to select it as your helmet in the customization tab. Next up: you have to set the colours of the helmets in the game to red, green and blue (RGB). This way the helmet has the right colours:)

For more info, check this video from about 17:00

Hey! No problem man, it's everybody's first time at some point;)

The game does not load the helmets at launch. So what you need to do is go in to time trial and just drive on track. It doesn't have to be long and it doesn't matter which car or which track you use. By doing this the game loads the modded helmet. Now you should be able to select it as your helmet in the customization tab. Next up: you have to set the colours of the helmets in the game to red, green and blue (RGB). This way the helmet has the right colours:)

For more info, check this video from about 17:00

Thank you - thank you - thank you!!!!!

@thompeterse

I wanted to come back and give you an extra bit of kudos for your work. Outstanding design -- complements Vettel's white motif nicely so It will be my career helmet going forward -- having to do a bit of TT is no problem for me. But not only that, I've look around a bit at other helmets, and I can't thank you enough for providing multiple ways to use your helmet. I don't have Photoshop, and that way just seems not worth the effort to be flat out honest, just my opinion. If it was extra effort for you to format in the drag and drop method -- I really appreciate you doing that. I wish it was the universally accepted way -- but I'm just the new guy trying to figure it all out. Anyhow, thanks. Awesome helmet, awesome service.

Driver.

Edit to add: Look forward to future works from you.

Wow thanks man! It means a lot and I really appreciate it:)

Btw, the time trial thing is only necessary to see your helmet in the selection menu and to set the colours right, but you only need to do it once. If you drop straight in career mode, it loads as soon as your on track;)
If you need something else, whether it is a helmet or help, feel free to ask!

Wow thanks man! It means a lot and I really appreciate it:)

Btw, the time trial thing is only necessary to see your helmet in the selection menu and to set the colours right, but you only need to do it once. If you drop straight in career mode, it loads as soon as your on track;)
If you need something else, whether it is a helmet or help, feel free to ask!

hey man, You actually don't need to go to time trial to get the helmet working. The reason why its not working on the selection menu is you did not install it in all the erp that needed that texture.
frontend_helmets.erp for the menu
STEAM\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\frontend
and all incardriver erp's 2019,f2 and classic.
All these erp's are accessing the same mipmaps and changing one erp will mess up the the other erps which is one of the main cause of blurred textures and/or crashes.

hey man, You actually don't need to go to time trial to get the helmet working. The reason why its not working on the selection menu is you did not install it in all the erp that needed that texture.
frontend_helmets.erp for the menu
STEAM\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\frontend
and all incardriver erp's 2019,f2 and classic.
All these erp's are accessing the same mipmaps and changing one erp will mess up the the other erps which is one of the main cause of blurred textures and/or crashes.

Right! That actually explains a lot:thumbsup: Thanks for the great tip dude!

Edit: and off course for all the other great work you're doing here

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 317 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years