Cars Ferrari 643 - 1991 (by ASR Formula) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just discovered this car, AWESOME!!!!! Really adding to some of the best Classic F1 races i've ever had. Many many thanks...
20170516125853_1.jpg
Picture shows collection of Mods with My custom vintage filter. Great stuff!!!!

I have a question regarding not only the Ferrari 643, but all ASR mods in general, about tire heating. First let me say I don't want to bash anything here, I own all the betas and drive them almost daily. They feel great to me, it's just more of a niggle.

Looking at the stock tires app, the tires' core temps and surface temps are always the same, at least within +-2°C, and the core heats and cools as quick as the surface does. Core temp color starts at green for some of the cars (eg F2004). v10 tires don't do that, the core gets heat from the surface and takes a lap or two to get up to temp, but here the tire cores are at 80°C after Eau Rouge. For example the Ferrari F2002 mod and Kunos modern F1 cars behave like v10 should, and it takes about 1,5 laps arounf Spa to heat the tire core up. In the app, ASR tires behave like v5 tires did. I noticed this behavior on ASR mod tires for all cars, from 90's tires to the modern ASR3, and also on the new Williams FW24 by MSF. When using tires from other cars they show temperatures correctly. Tire pressures are read correcty for all cars as far as I can tell.

So of course I am unsure, as it seems to be faulty behaviour. Is this an issue with the tires, or is the readout in the app wrong? I did a Steam integrity check already just to be sure about the app itself not being buggy. Can anyone else reproduce this? Thanks!

I'm a fan of your huge works (I donated, there are several months for the entire beta pack with an endless and grateful pleasure without any regret !).

I noticed something's wrong with the 2.1 version about the audio in external view in the replays.

In external view, in replay with the camera 7 (I didn't use the others for watching), there is a little noise, like a "boom" (like a little hit on a wall), for each upshift or downshift with the gearbox.
It's a little bit annoying..!

So, I put the version 1.0 of the Sfx and there is nothing similar and the external sounds are really better.
After, I put the version 2.0 of the Sfx and everything is fine, I used this one now !

I read than several players preferred the version (1.0) in cockpit view (thats the only one I use for driving).
In my opinion, 2.0 or 2.1 are better for feeling accurate our pressure on the throttle.

Did other players noticed this little "boom" (like a little hit on a wall) for each change with the gearbox !?

Thanks you so much for your brilliant works !!! :inlove:

I can confirm this strange sound(I´think it´s coming from an ignition cut off while shifting). Only in extern view, very annyoing and louder than the engine. The car is a grade, but this sound sadly spoils the replays.

Yes, I can confirm that shifts sound strange in the external view. Apart from that, reverb also sounds strange in cockpit view.

Somehow it's almost impossible to get the tyres to optimal temperature.

First of all thanks for this mod and all the updates! :thumbsup: But I have a problem with it. I mean it´s strangely easy to drive the car, isn´t it? I am not very good at this game but when I was driving through "Maggots" and "Becketts" and other corners it was incredibly stable.

The amount of downforce was just incredible and I didn´t spin the car any single time. Evethough it´s cool I am not sure about the level of realism... :unsure:

First of all thanks for this mod and all the updates! :thumbsup: But I have a problem with it. I mean it´s strangely easy to drive the car, isn´t it? I am not very good at this game but when I was driving through "Maggots" and "Becketts" and other corners it was incredibly stable.

The amount of downforce was just incredible and I didn´t spin the car any single time. Evethough it´s cool I am not sure about the level of realism... :unsure:

It is not only the downforce but the mechanical grip from large slick tyres. you feel more downforce on F1 with grooved tyres like the F2004. Cars like 643 are more similar to Lotus 98t, to take one example of Kunos's cars. And they have less weight too. So, a little amount of downforce make the car gain more grip because of the weight and the tyres.

I can't drive this car. I click drive and it black screens and sends me back to the race home screen. If anyone can help me with installation, that would be much appreciated.

I can't drive this car. I click drive and it black screens and sends me back to the race home screen. If anyone can help me with installation, that would be much appreciated.
Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.

Nice car, one minor bug (I think) though:
When watching the car (e.g. replay) from outside (track cam), there is a very loud gearbox noise, which is not in balance with the rest of the sounds.

Otherwise good job, drives great. :)

I have an issue where I install the mod correctly, everything in the correct folder, it launches, and from the pit camera it looks fine but all I get is a large black object where the wheel should be in the cockpit, what could cause that if so is there a fix?

Update

Found the problem, a PSD file was in another folder messing with this car, so its now been fixed, it was within the Dev file so I removed it and that fixed the car

Last edited:
Nice car, one minor bug (I think) though:
When watching the car (e.g. replay) from outside (track cam), there is a very loud gearbox noise, which is not in balance with the rest of the sounds.

Some of us was aware about this in the 2.1 version and we post this annoying sound problem here.
Unfortunately, It had been completely forgotten by the ASR Team..!

I'm a fan of your huge works (I donated, there are several months for the entire beta pack with an endless and grateful pleasure without any regret !).

I noticed something's wrong with the 2.1 version about the audio in external view in the replays.

In external view, in replay with the camera 7 (I didn't use the others for watching), there is a little noise, like a "boom" (like a little hit on a wall), for each upshift or downshift with the gearbox.
It's a little bit annoying..!

So, I put the version 1.0 of the Sfx and there is nothing similar and the external sounds are really better.
After, I put the version 2.0 of the Sfx and everything is fine, I used this one now !

I read than several players preferred the version (1.0) in cockpit view (thats the only one I use for driving).
In my opinion, 2.0 or 2.1 are better for feeling accurate our pressure on the throttle.

Did other players noticed this little "boom" (like a little hit on a wall) for each change with the gearbox !?

Thanks you so much for your brilliant works !!! :inlove:

I can confirm this strange sound(I´think it´s coming from an ignition cut off while shifting). Only in extern view, very annyoing and louder than the engine. The car is a grade, but this sound sadly spoils the replays.

Yes, I can confirm that shifts sound strange in the external view. Apart from that, reverb also sounds strange in cockpit view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back