Cars Ferrari 643 - 1991 (by ASR Formula) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are sitting in a loud open-wheel V12 powered car, bolted just right behind you, the last thing you will hear is your tyres squeal on the tarmac. Drivers wear ear protection because of the very loud engine noise. Keep that in mind.

I completely agree, the sheer volume of the noise from this engine would completely obliterate any noise from the tires. To be honest, I find the tire volume in many of the cars in AC to be over exaggerated so I reduce the volume in the audio settings app.

I will not support people running previous versions of Assetto Corsa and people running "sound fixes" from bad conversions.

That's a shame because as I explained I will only update to 1.9 once our own FO 2013 mod and some others are properly working with it. Irony being that our sound guy is your sound guy... Simone.

And the question if it's possible to use older sound files of that same car with the newest release certainly wasn't insensible. But hey, if that's your point fair enough - in that case I will not further support ASR with donations as I did three times in the past.

Nice addition to the game Tnx for that ;)

I'd like to see the driver animation to reflect the driver, head momevement of jean alesi is not there, also the hands on the wheel. other than that a bit of work to the sounds and ffb and would be 5 stars

Tyre sounds are almost inaudible here when the sounds are fine for the default Kunos cars. they could be a lot louder. There`s only the tiniest little high pitch squeal even when deliberately throwing the car sideways, which is so quiet you can`t really hear it at all unless you are totally off-throttle and there aren`t any other loud sounds around.

That was one of the first things that caught my attention when i started playing AC: in real life you can't hear tyres sounds from the cockpit (from F1 onboards) especially with slick tyres, but on kunos cars they are really loud which doesn't make sense honestly, also keep in mind that Kunos doing something in a way doesn't mean it's the absolute truth :D

• Deleted member 130869

There's that nifty tire volume slider on the menu

Overall, I like the car a lot, the attention to detail is superb (gotta love the shaking exhaust and mirrors).
I especially like the physics, the car is not too difficult to drive relatively quickly, but only gets hairy on the absolute edge, and even then it's not a murderer. Many other F1 mods got this wrong IMO, where the car feels like it weighs next to nothing and you need to wrestle with it constantly, regardless of pace. Obviously, I can't ever be sure how these cars really behave, but if I was nitpicking, I'd say the corner entry behavior is almost too good. The car feels absolutely planted, you can slam it into corner like a hooligan and it behaves perfectly, even compared to something like SF15-T.
The interior sounds are perfect, although I sometimes feel the external ones could be tweaked a bit further.
The model itself is amazing, textures as well, but maybe some shaders could use work here and there since the colors sometimes look a bit too contrast-y? The exhaust flames are maybe a bit over the top as well? Oh, and one more detail I noticed that can be a bit distracting: the LODs have a fixed rear wing attack angle, a quite open one I'd say. If you're driving behind someone who has a relatively closed rear wing, it can look almost as if the car has DRS, because the rear wing switches to a more open position whenever the car moves from full model to first LOD.
Lastly, I didn't follow very closely what ASR was doing until now, but after trying this car, I'll most likely donate and get all the other cars that are still in beta. :thumbsup:

P.S. A little contribution:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Is there any reason for the 7-gear transmission?
I mean in Grand Prix 2 even the 1994 F1 cars only got 6 gears, so I think this could not be original.

GP2 had 2 car models, 1 for the Benetton and the other for the rest. The Ferrari was a pioneer on gearboxes, it took a few years until 7 gears became a standard.

Hi Guys,

A new AC driver, just learning. I downloaded the 2004 Ferrari F2004 - V0.2 and STEAM AC hangs at the populating favourites, once I delete the ASR cars it works again. any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure I downloaded mod in the correct file. I use Oculus Rift VR and when I try to run this car it boots me out back to the car select menu . Can someone tell me what file i need to install made . I have it installed in steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/cars

I am not sure I downloaded mod in the correct file. I use Oculus Rift VR and when I try to run this car it boots me out back to the car select menu . Can someone tell me what file i need to install made . I have it installed in steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/cars
This happened to me, make sure you extract it to the content folder from the content in the archive and it all should work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back