Ferrari 488 GTLM (2017)

Cars Ferrari 488 GTLM (2017) 0.5.20201231.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
zerobandwidth submitted a new resource:

Ferrari 488 GTLM (2015) - Don't worry. It's legit. Read all about it.

So I've been doing a lot of reading about making "tuned" versions of cars in Assetto Corsa, and decided to tackle one of the major gaps in the car selection: the Ferrari 488 GTLM (or GTE for all you European fans). This mod is the result of staying up way too late reading a lot of technical documents.

The result here is an initial version that I give to the community for testing.

I don't expect this to be finished yet; I'd love your help in refining it!...

Read more about this resource...

I tried copying the files manually, since I dislike using foreign .bat files, but something didn't work.
Is it only copying the missing files from the kunos 488 gt3, or did i miss something else?

I tried copying the files manually, since I dislike using foreign .bat files, but something didn't work.
Is it only copying the missing files from the kunos 488 gt3, or did i miss something else?

If you don't trust the script, then you get to open it in a text editor and examine it with your own untrusting eyes, and do all the work yourself.

1. Copy data from the `ks_ferrari_488_gt3` car into `zbw_ferrari_488_gte`.
2. Delete some of the files that will not be necessary for the mod.
3. Copy everything in the `zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source` directory back into the mod, overwriting the GT3 data files.

But as you will see, it's just copying files, not blowing up your PC.

If you don't trust the script, then you get to open it in a text editor and examine it with your own untrusting eyes, and do all the work yourself.

1. Copy data from the `ks_ferrari_488_gt3` car into `zbw_ferrari_488_gte`.
2. Delete some of the files that will not be necessary for the mod.
3. Copy everything in the `zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source` directory back into the mod, overwriting the GT3 data files.

But as you will see, it's just copying files, not blowing up your PC.
Thanks, I'll have a look then

is this the same "ks_ferrari_488_gt3_GTE_Specs" from a while back?

Nope, never heard of it. Was that also a tuning package like this one? I mean, it might end up being similar? Infinite monkeys at typewriters, etc. But this one was all just me tinkering away for a few nights this past week. I'd be interested in comparing them, though.

Also this has new liveries. :D

Hi zerobandwidth, thx for the mod, this kind of addon is really appreciated, the only things left are the tiny bits on the aero package, but I imagine they can be sorted out by CSP mesh replacement. It drives really well, and it's balanced against other GTE'S.
People probably got confused because of the "source" folder, as the instructions were a bit unclear (you specified to move the new data to the cars/zbw_ferrari_488_gte, but some probably skipped it). The phrase " then install my tuning modifications on top of it" is of course correct, but can be misleading for someone who installed very few mods. I would recommend to specify in the instructions to move the files from "zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source" to "zbw_ferrari_488_gte", just to avoid confusion.
Other than that, 5 stars.

Hi zerobandwidth, thx for the mod, this kind of addon is really appreciated, the only things left are the tiny bits on the aero package, but I imagine they can be sorted out by CSP mesh replacement. It drives really well, and it's balanced against other GTE'S.
People probably got confused because of the "source" folder, as the instructions were a bit unclear (you specified to move the new data to the cars/zbw_ferrari_488_gte, but some probably skipped it). The phrase " then install my tuning modifications on top of it" is of course correct, but can be misleading for someone who installed very few mods. I would recommend to specify in the instructions to move the files from "zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source" to "zbw_ferrari_488_gte", just to avoid confusion.
Other than that, 5 stars.
Yeah I'm hoping to have this sorted out in an update soon. Thanks, and enjoy.

Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte>echo off
I'm running in the correct directory. Great. Let's get started.
Copying Ferrari 488 GT3 files...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROBOCOPY :: Robustes Dateikopieren für Windows

Gestartet: Dienstag, 4. August 2020 18:40:12
Quelle : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\animations\
Ziel : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\animations\

Dateien : *.*

Optionen: *.* /S /DCOPY:DA /COPY:DAT /R:1000000 /W:30

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\animations\

Insgesamt KopiertÜbersprungenKeine Übereinstimmung FEHLER Extras
Verzeich.: 1 0 1 0 0 0
Dateien: 8 0 8 0 0 0
Bytes: 609.3 k 0 609.3 k 0 0 0
Zeiten: 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00 0:00:00
Beendet: Dienstag, 4. August 2020 18:40:12

Quelle : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\sfx\
Ziel : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\sfx\

1 Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\sfx\

Dateien: 1 0 1 0 0 0
Bytes: 27.04 m 0 27.04 m 0 0 0

Quelle : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\texture\
Ziel : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\texture\

2 Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\texture\
11 Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\texture\flames\

Verzeich.: 2 0 2 0 0 0
Dateien: 13 0 13 0 0 0
Bytes: 149.6 k 0 149.6 k 0 0 0

Quelle : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\ui\
Ziel : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\ui\

4 Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3\ui\

Dateien: 4 0 4 0 0 0
Bytes: 267.1 k 0 267.1 k 0 0 0

1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
1 Datei(en) kopiert.
Deleting copied Ferrari 488 GT3 files not used by GTE version...
Overwriting with Ferrari 488 GTE files...

Quelle : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source\sfx\
Ziel : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\sfx\

2020/08/04 18:40:12 FEHLER 3 (0x00000003) Zugriff auf Quellverzeichnis Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source\sfx\
Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

Quelle : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source\skins\
Ziel : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\skins\

2020/08/04 18:40:12 FEHLER 3 (0x00000003) Zugriff auf Quellverzeichnis Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source\skins\

Quelle : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source\ui\
Ziel : Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\ui\

2020/08/04 18:40:12 FEHLER 3 (0x00000003) Zugriff auf Quellverzeichnis Y:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\zbw_ferrari_488_gte\zbw_ferrari_488_gte_source\ui\
Script complete! Press ENTER to continue.

The supersoft and superhard tyres are missing. For my own Ferrari 488 GTE conversion I just took the tyres of the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 and it works perfect.
Yeah @Maxstrong01 called that out as well. This first version is the first of many baby steps, so it's still running on its original GT3 tire selection for now. I'll compare the data from the various Kunos and URD GTE cars and see (1) whether there is a significant difference and (2) what makes the most sense for this car based on real-world tire data (if I can find it).

you just added those tyres using, simply, Replace Tyres in Content Manager?

No, I did it manually. Unpack data.acd, substitute the tyre files, repack data.acd.

I've made a test version with the tyres of the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 tyres for the new car. Just rename "data.acd.txt" to "data.acd" and replace the "data.acd" in "conten/cars/zbw_ferrari_488_gte".
But be aware, that this may change the BOP of the car as the tyres perform different to the GT3 tyres.

Attachments

• data.acd.txt
    278.1 KB · Views: 86
But be aware, that this may change the BOP of the car as the tyres perform different to the GT3 tyres.

I just did a 6 lap test race with qualifying with my Le Mans GTE field at Nürburgring GP and the car fits perfect to the field also with the new Porsche 911 RSR tyres. So there should be no problem using them.

I found a little mistake in "car.ini" With header VERSION=2 there must be the line "SHORT_NAME=Ferrari 488 GTE" under [INFO] or the car name is missing in the race menu. Or you must use header VERSION=1.

The car.ini must start like this:

[HEADER]
VERSION=2 ; version number

[INFO]
SCREEN_NAME=Ferrari 488 GTE
SHORT_NAME=Ferrari 488 GTE

Noted; thanks @Frank25! I will be in a hosted race / test session with the current version tonight, so I don't want to rock the boat too much. ;) But I'll try this and some other tire changes and will probably have an update with some choice by the end of the week.

Also, great catch for the car name! That was really bugging me, and I couldn't figure out what I was missing! I thought that version header was the version of the car, but I guess it's the version of the INI file schema?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 426 39.6%