Ferrari 488 GTLM (2017)

Cars Ferrari 488 GTLM (2017) 0.5.20201231.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Also, great catch for the car name! That was really bugging me, and I couldn't figure out what I was missing! I thought that version header was the version of the car, but I guess it's the version of the INI file schema?

Yes, it's the version of the car.ini file and not of the car.
After my short testing I can say, that the car performs very well as a GTE car and is fun to drive.

version 1 is uses the screen_name for in-game and shown also in loading screen

version 2 uses short name for in-game, it's limited to 18 characters.

while editing car.ini, unless already done look at refuel/repair time so it stays on-pair with the others.

version 1 is uses the screen_name for in-game and shown also in loading screen

version 2 uses short name for in-game, it's limited to 18 characters.

while editing car.ini, unless already done look at refuel/repair time so it stays on-pair with the others.
Great, thanks!
And yeah, pit stop times aren't even consistent among the existing cars!

could depend on fuel usage, but i suppose it should equal in the same pit time for an longer race like 2.4h, or used as an BoP tool to gain/loose a few seconds.

some series have fixed re-fuel flow, but if different it's not the case here.

Might be just me, but it seems like this car has no brakes at all. Installation went smooth, everything seems to be working but the brakes. As default they lock up very easily which I understand. For me it's anyway unusable that way, so I forced on ABS (by editing electronics.ini, just for my own use), but even so, the car just won't slow down with any ABS-settings (slip ratio 0.04-1.00), or any brake balance, or brake torque value...

Well I guess it's just meant to be that way (raw) and won't work my (wimpy) way. Maybe I'll get back to it if I ever learn to actually drive. :)

Might be just me, but it seems like this car has no brakes at all. Installation went smooth, everything seems to be working but the brakes. As default they lock up very easily which I understand. For me it's anyway unusable that way, so I forced on ABS (by editing electronics.ini, just for my own use), but even so, the car just won't slow down with any ABS-settings (slip ratio 0.04-1.00), or any brake balance, or brake torque value...

Well I guess it's just meant to be that way (raw) and won't work my (wimpy) way. Maybe I'll get back to it if I ever learn to actually drive. :)
Forget ABS; adjust your brake bias away from the wheels that are locking up, and back up your brake points to give yourself more room. You'll get there. :thumbsup:

Had another go this morning at trying to replicate the issue but still no luck so I think it was definitely just a result of my driving mistake.

About the Aston, it also was designed to be switched easily between GTE and GT3 so the URD car would be a good starting point, but being a third party pay mod you may have to get their full permission first.

My two cents :

You can greatly facillitate the install process WITHOUT infringing copyright (and at the same time saving some Mb on your HDD) by using a "lod.ini" like the one provided below.

It allow you to release your stuff without providing the car's kn5 while still allowing only those who have the original stuff to use your mod...

Attachments

• lods.ini
    367 bytes · Views: 174
My two cents :

You can greatly facillitate the install process WITHOUT infringing copyright (and at the same time saving some Mb on your HDD) by using a "lod.ini" like the one provided below.

It allow you to release your stuff without providing the car's kn5 while still allowing only those who have the original stuff to use your mod...
Such simple genius. :confused: Will absolutely do this. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Feel free to send a DM to request a custom livery for this update. ;)

So i want to review the car again with like 8 h of driving: The car feels very good is pretty fast through eau rouge and raidillion (drove mostly in spa) i can go through there with 238 without lifting idk if its too fast and on my limits i reached a 2:19:59 is quite fast with the gt3 i can run low 2:21's so i think its realistic ! Very well done

edit brake bias and try to brake not that hard and dont steer too much while braking the problem could be your tyres as well if theyre too hot or cuz of your tyre pressure i dont know any other reason lol

zerobandwidth updated Ferrari 488 GTLM (2015) with a new update entry:

UPDATE (0.3.20200809.01)

Work continues.

Release Notes
  • Aerodynamics
    • Calculated a completely custom front spoiler profile.
    • Slightly reduced rear wing downforce gain.
  • Drivetrain
    • Adjusted auto-shift-up RPM below rev limiter.
  • Engine
    • Base torque curve matches the GT3 car again.
    • Completely recalculated the turbo boost curves, based data discovered in an the IMSA January 2019 BoP technical bulletin.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, this is coming along very nicely. Can you look at this and maybe incorporate it into your mod? These are Lumirank and illuminated number panels for 488 gt3. All the GTE cars have these:

Ok i tested the car with the new update only a few minutes: The car feels very sensitive going through the exit of eau rouge full throttle is impossible know you just slide into the barriers and you cant steer too much without sliding idk if its realistic. I personally prefer the old version but idk if it was realistic. But i feel like this is realistic but tooooooooooooo sensitive but ill try to improve a bit mabe it feels better then

Ok sorry but this is undriveable in my opinion. even if i lift at the exit of eau rouge i dirft. It feels literally like a drift car. In the first chicane i just drift as well. Idk if its like that in real life but if its like that nice update but im gonna reinstall the old version sorry.

Hey, this is coming along very nicely. Can you look at this and maybe incorporate it into your mod? These are Lumirank and illuminated number panels for 488 gt3. All the GTE cars have these:

Ooooo, yeah, @ales100i, good call. I'll look into it.

Ok sorry but this is undriveable in my opinion. even if i lift at the exit of eau rouge i dirft. It feels literally like a drift car. In the first chicane i just drift as well. Idk if its like that in real life but if its like that nice update but im gonna reinstall the old version sorry.

@efehan doagen, I haven't tested it at Spa, but I guess I should have known better, considering how many people treat AC as "Your Spa and Nordschleife Simulator". ;) :laugh: I suspect the handling difference comes from shortening the suspension arms while working on the aero profile; it's entirely possible I've messed up the suspension geometry. But I'm still a second faster per lap in this version vs. the previous one at VIR, CTMP, and Daytona, so... who knows? But yes, it's dramatically different from v0.2, maybe too different. Next version might swing back the other way but not completely.

One more thing @efehan doagen, the changes to the suspension mean that your saved setups are dramatically different. Especially check your front toe and make sure they're not way off. Mine ended up at almost -0.4 after the update, so I had to change the settings until the effective toe was back where it should be. That's just what happens when the geometry changes. Also, does any GTE car really feel comfortable over Eau Rouge and Raidillon? ;) Anyway, yeah, I'll be looking at it in this next revision.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back