Ferrari 488 GTLM (2017)

Cars Ferrari 488 GTLM (2017) 0.5.20201231.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just figured out how to make it work in CM Showroom. Delete the copy_and_install_files.bat from the car folder. I have no clue why it causes the car to launch in Lite Showroom but it does.
Nice! Yeah, that file can be deleted after it's used to assemble the mod. Thanks for the tip! I'll add it to the main page.

Thank you, this mod is great! Very drivable and yet realistic. What would you say is the single biggest difference between the original GT3 vs your GTE mod?

Hello, first of all thank you for taking the time and doing this mod.

Do you think it's possible to update it or maybe have an alternate version to compete with the URD cars?

I'd love to compete with this car against them, but as it is, it's way slower. Just an example, around Spa, I'm lapping 2:15's, 2:16's with the URD cars and with this one, it's around the 2:19's.

Either way, thank you

Hello, first of all thank you for taking the time and doing this mod.

Do you think it's possible to update it or maybe have an alternate version to compete with the URD cars?

I'd love to compete with this car against them, but as it is, it's way slower. Just an example, around Spa, I'm lapping 2:15's, 2:16's with the URD cars and with this one, it's around the 2:19's.

Either way, thank you
Yeah, I plan to make an updated 2021-ish GTE version based on the updated 488 Evo that was released by Ferrari and Kunos for their eSports championship. It's on my list of things to tackle "someday". You know how it is. But I have at least created a working copy of the mod on my hard drive, so its unfinished state can annoy me every time I scroll past it until I finally start working on it again. :D

Yeah, I plan to make an updated 2021-ish GTE version based on the updated 488 Evo that was released by Ferrari and Kunos for their eSports championship. It's on my list of things to tackle "someday". You know how it is. But I have at least created a working copy of the mod on my hard drive, so its unfinished state can annoy me every time I scroll past it until I finally start working on it again. :D
Thank you for the reply, I'll be waiting for it to come out :D

Good luck on the project

Great idea but yet far slower than the URD mods and reality. E.g., your car can only do a 2:03 in Sebring driven by a 100% AI. Will the URD cars can do a sub 2:00 and the pole sitting time in Sebring this year is a 1:57.
Second, I believe the best model for your build is the 488 GT3 2018 model. I.e., the 488 GT3 ACC 1.0 for BK Studio, I think you might ask him for permission.

Great idea but yet far slower than the URD mods and reality. E.g., your car can only do a 2:03 in Sebring driven by a 100% AI. Will the URD cars can do a sub 2:00 and the pole sitting time in Sebring this year is a 1:57.
Second, I believe the best model for your build is the 488 GT3 2018 model. I.e., the 488 GT3 ACC 1.0 for BK Studio, I think you might ask him for permission.
Are you basing your comparison on the Michigan (C8.R) and Darche (Porsche) from 2021? If so, then those are simply a different class of car; the physics for this tune are based (mostly) on the 2017 IMSA BoP specifications, which are significantly slower than the final year of GTLM competition and the current WEC GTE specifications. I would not expect this car to perform at the level of those two URD mods.

By contrast, I've been practicing with this car against the 2014-2018 GTLM field (C7.R, 911 RSR 2018, Ford GT, BMW, Aston) and it stacks up pretty well. Indeed in the season which just wrapped up on SimRacingSystem the Ferrari needed a 5% restrictor vs the C7.R. I do have a separate 2021-spec 488 Evo GTE project in mind, but haven't really spent a lot of time on it; that would be the one that would be able to go head-to-head with the 2021 URD EGT cars.

I will not be using 3D models taken from other games, thanks.

Thanks for your comments, though; I'm always looking for ways to improve the tune (whether I ever get around to doing the work or not...) :unsure:

Are you basing your comparison on the Michigan (C8.R) and Darche (Porsche) from 2021? If so, then those are simply a different class of car; the physics for this tune are based (mostly) on the 2017 IMSA BoP specifications, which are significantly slower than the final year of GTLM competition and the current WEC GTE specifications. I would not expect this car to perform at the level of those two URD mods.

By contrast, I've been practicing with this car against the 2014-2018 GTLM field (C7.R, 911 RSR 2018, Ford GT, BMW, Aston) and it stacks up pretty well. Indeed in the season which just wrapped up on SimRacingSystem the Ferrari needed a 5% restrictor vs the C7.R. I do have a separate 2021-spec 488 Evo GTE project in mind, but haven't really spent a lot of time on it; that would be the one that would be able to go head-to-head with the 2021 URD EGT cars.

I will not be using 3D models taken from other games, thanks.

Thanks for your comments, though; I'm always looking for ways to improve the tune (whether I ever get around to doing the work or not...) :unsure:
Thanks for your reply. If you not gonna use the ACC conversion, I do think you can make an endurance light for the 488 GT3 from kunos. Just don't use the 2020 GT3 model, that's quite different from the real one.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back