PC2 Ferrari 488 GTE Preview and Project CARS 2 Pitstop Info

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ferrari 488 GTE.jpg

Spanish Project CARS Twitter account ProjectCarsES have revealed a nice preview image of a new car coming to the simulation - the Ferrari 488 GTLM.

We know that Slightly Mad Studios have done an incredible job licencing some top quality marques for their new game, with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Porsche and Mercedes all making appearances in the new title, however up to this point we've been rather short on details regarding which models the new Italian licence will reward players with when Project CARS 2 launches around September this year.

Pretty much every media outlet has spent some time trawling through the internet looking at various leaked trailers and game introduction videos to find out a little bit more, and those of a keen eye will have already seen a Ferrari La Ferrari and the 288 GTO. Posting yesterday (1/3) it looks like our Spanish friends have now revealed the next Prancing Horse to join the game - yet another GT3 style car in the form of the beautiful 488 GTLM.

PCARS 2 Ferrari 488 GTLM-pixelated.jpg

Now I've looked and don't see any other mention of this car on the official SMS social media feeds, so one does wonder if the Tweet from ProjectCarsEs was more of an accidental reveal rather than part of the slick marketing campaign SMS have produced so far. Either way it's always nice to see another Ferrari, especially in GT trim, coming to a modern racing simulation.

EDIT: We have been requested to remove the picture by the image owner. 2.3.17.

Don't forget to keep an eye on our reveal thread HERE where we try to keep an eye on the known cars coming to Project CARS 2.

In other news regarding the new title, Ian Bell and Slightly Mad Studios contributor 'The American' have been at it again over at GTP teasing fans with some more interesting information about some features contained within the new game.

It has been confirmed manual pit stops will be an option for players who decided to enable the feature, with pit lane speed limits enforced and players are given the opportunity to turn on their limiter and manually enter the pit box for a stop. It is thought the possibility exists to overshoot your pit box, which will result in a slower stop as the mechanics reposition your car on it's correct marks.

Probably of more interest to fans who are looking for a better visual experience than is available in current games, Ian Bell has confirmed pitstops will feature animated crew and bespoke actions depending on the car or series chosen. Understandably with over 170 cars of many different varieties included in the base release this is an achievement not to be underestimated and is very impressive from Slightly Mad Studios. Ian Bell comments:

"The greatest challenge was being able to cover all of the varied pit stop behaviour for each type of car/ruleset/competition. It was massively varied. Each series has its own rules, each car has its own refuelling point, and refuelling rules. Each car has its own tyres and tyre replacement rules and the amount of pitcrew per corner is restricted per series and competition.

It's all a bit mad but we've done our best with the infinitely varied ruleset.".
For far too long animated pit crews have been missing from modern racing simulations and for me personally, this is one of the most interesting and exciting pieces of information I've heard so far about the new title.

Good stuff SMS, looking forward to hearing more as a release draws ever closer...

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC towards the end of 2017.

If you want to learn more about the latest entry into the Project CARS franchise, or simply hang out and chat with your fellow sim racing fans then head over to the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved in the action today.

Looking forward to the Ferrari 488 GTLM? Which other Ferrari cars would you like to see included in Project CARS 2? Let us know in the comments section below!

D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

It depends on what process they are using to start the new game.

If they are simply using the PCARS engine and upgrading it, it will probably still feel similar, look great, have some great features but perhaps for the more serious sim player feel a little lacking in some areas and like every new game, probably have annoying bugs.

You know, how the last few Gran Turismo's felt, kind of like big patches rather than a new game.

It's understandable, you have the existing engine and tinker. EA have been doing it with footy, golf and NFL games for years and Codies do it with F1 and are doing it now with Dirt Rally.

I would expect if you want PCARS2 to feel different to 1, it probably won't. But it is up to you if you can put up with that while enjoying the new things and better graphics etc. They need to refine a few processes.

But let's be honest here, consoles is where the money is, so any game largely built for them is not likely to satisfy your serious PC sim gamer. They very rarely do.

So on that basis - rFactor 2 is not good?
Because its noting more than rFactor 1 + some new features...

As I always say to supermodels (in my imagination), the pictures are all very nice and all, but can you cook? I enjoyed some elements of the first one, career, number of cars, but handling and ffb weren't 2 of them.

I click that link, read ''Q&A with @IanBe...oh... its him, nevermind, im out''... I do not trust a single word that comes from his mouth, or... fingers if its online Q&A... but you know what I mean!
Yes i know...
It was the same with the empty promises of Kaz about GT...
Now Kaz and PDI are wasted and the new messiah of the "best simulation ever" is Ian Bell...

LOL! :D

Looks good but I'm back to being somewhat skeptical they can pull it off. But hey it's happened before, after F1 2014/15 I really did not expect anything but dogshit from 2016 and that was really entertaining.

yeah yeah believe it when I see it in the fully released game,these people have a track record of saying things are goin to be in the game then taking them out cause they don't work then promising that they'll be put back in later and then don't.They'll do anything to raise hype including lie

Very understandable sim racers not jumping on the hype train, it wasn't that long ago. I rarely touched my copy of pcars 1 as I had wheel issues and couldn't find ffb i felt confident with.

Still believe when the time comes alot more simracers will buy it, cuz we love racing and we can't help ourselves.
Personally I'll try and wait too but if the pre order deal looks good and the hype gets bigger I might jump on the train..
But any delays like the last time.. Won't cut it.

Blimey

@Simberia
Very understandable sim racers not jumping on the hype train, it wasn't that long ago. I rarely touched my copy of pcars 1 as I had wheel issues and couldn't find ffb i felt confident with.

Still believe when the time comes alot more simracers will buy it, cuz we love racing and we can't help ourselves.
Personally I'll try and wait too but if the pre order deal looks good and the hype gets bigger I might jump on the train..
But any delays like the last time.. Won't cut it.
You can always try out Steam Refund.

True, not something I've done and no idea how it works with pre orders guess the same, but would need more than a couple of hours to come to a conclusion.

Closer to the time hopefully we'll have some honest opinions. But for now am not getting on the train :)

The impression I kind of got with the first game was although it was generally liked from a sim point of view the endless bugs and detail problems stopped most of us from enjoying it?

I did buy the first game but it refused to work with my ancient wheel so I never played it! Looked nice on keyboard though....:rolleyes:
I can't speak for the PC Version, but I do own the Xbox One version. It's a buggy disaster that destroys entire careers through the bugs. Looks great, sounds great, drivers great (wouldn't really call it a sim based on the X1 version in all honesty, but it's fun), but the entire game is broken. Day 1 the controllers didn't even work. A week later they worked, but some game breaking issues were simply never resolved. The setup saving function simply doesn't work, and replays of long races get you disqualified if you watch them. It has massive performance issues, very obvious problems with the lap times being out of sync, and even some odd processing issues with kerbs causing the game to slow down and speed up. And then there's some barmy choices like not being able to have long races in the LMP1s in the career. We get the ultimate endurance racing cars and get 20 minute races.

I want to love it. I tried to love it. I started many a career on it. But it eventually wore me down and broke me. It just isn't fun not being able to play a game without every decision you make (including pit stops, replays, setup options) having to include the thought of "does this feature work or do I need a work around?"

When you consider the fact that they never fixed the broken Dlc they sold us along with the broken game they originally sold us it hardly bodes well for pcars2.
Ian Bellend won't be buying any ferraris with my money!!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 130 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.1%
  • €3001-5000