Ferrari 488 GT3 Sound Mod

Sounds Ferrari 488 GT3 Sound Mod 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Excellent work. Can you please check the brakes makes a very high pitched noise!
Yes they do. I've got new sound equipment now. When I made this I was just using bog standard speakers so had no idea how harsh or muted different sounds could be on other systems. I will look at it in the next update

Hi ACFAN Thank you for this and I'm a fan of your sound mod, but for this particular Ferrari the flame knocking in the original sound is not replicated here, just to let you know.

Love this sound mod. It is by far the best one available with a huge BUT!

As already mentioned the brake squeal while very realistic is quiet high in pitch and volume and we aren't wearing helmets or earplugs to dull it out like a real driver does.

Over the a long race this gives a headache, but even worse (for me) is that rubbing sound that only comes with certain braking. I have isolated it to this sound:
{a9ccb594-62c4-4c73-b94c-3cdfc88d7ed7} event:/cars/ks_ferrari_488_gt3/wheel

When I remove it from the GUIDs file I lose all braking sounds. Which is what I had to do in order to allow me to use this sound mod as I still prefer the rest of the sounds to the other 488 GT3 sound mods available. But I do miss having some braking sound effects.

I have watched in car video of the 488 GT3 and I know your sound mod is 100% true to real life and that awful rubbing sound does occur but only on certain corners (perhaps its some kind of wheel or aero part that only rubs with a specific amount of suspension compression?) I understand that others might want to keep it for realism, but I am begging you to offer an alternative version of your mod without this harsh rubbing sound completely removed and with reduced volume/intensity on the brake squeal.

The sound I cannot stand can be heard at 0:06 seconds in this video and at 2:18 (always and ONLY @ turn 1 and turn 18 @ Spa which is why I don't understand why it occurs so often in your sound mod):

Thanks so much for considering my request. I will happily donate to you if you can make this available!!!

Last edited:
Love this sound mod. It is by far the best one available with a huge BUT!

As already mentioned the brake squeal while very realistic is quiet high in pitch and volume and we aren't wearing helmets or earplugs to dull it out like a real driver does.

Over the a long race this gives a headache, but even worse (for me) is that rubbing sound that only comes with certain braking. I have isolated it to this sound:
{a9ccb594-62c4-4c73-b94c-3cdfc88d7ed7} event:/cars/ks_ferrari_488_gt3/wheel

When I remove it from the GUIDs file I lose all braking sounds. Which is what I had to do in order to allow me to use this sound mod as I still prefer the rest of the sounds to the other 488 GT3 sound mods available. But I do miss having some braking sound effects.

I have watched in car video of the 488 GT3 and I know your sound mod is 100% true to real life and that awful rubbing sound does occur but only on certain corners (perhaps its some kind of wheel or aero part that only rubs with a specific amount of suspension compression?) I understand that others might want to keep it for realism, but I am begging you to offer an alternative version of your mod without this harsh rubbing sound completely removed and with reduced volume/intensity on the brake squeal.

The sound I cannot stand can be heard at 0:06 seconds in this video and at 2:18 (always and ONLY @ turn 1 and turn 18 @ Spa which is why I don't understand why it occurs so often in your sound mod):

Thanks so much for considering my request. I will happily donate to you if you can make this available!!!
Thanks for the feedback. This was made when I had inferior sound equipment hooked up to my pc and I've not had a chance to modify or overhaul any of my gt3 sounds since the upgrade except the huracan gt3. I jut don't have the time atm but these are on my list of things to do. So due to these circumstances please don't expect a quick update. But I've logged your feedback and whenever I start work on these it'll be there for me to recap

I know this doesn't help with the issue you have but just for information, that sound you hear on the real car is the ABS system in operation.
This is what I intended to recreate. But the AC sound engine has no parameters for abs so the sound is randomised

I know this doesn't help with the issue you have but just for information, that sound you hear on the real car is the ABS system in operation.
Wow never heard anything like that. Thanks for sharing.

Any idea why it sounds so awful on the 488 GT3 and there's no chattering/pulsing sound like ABS on a street car?

This is what I intended to recreate. But the AC sound engine has no parameters for abs so the sound is randomised
That's completely understandable. It's a shame that you aren't able to tie the sound directly to only those moments when ABS is in use but you can only work within the limitations of the sound engine and under these circumstances randomisation is the choice I would have gone with also :)

Any idea why it sounds so awful on the 488 GT3 and there's no chattering/pulsing sound like ABS on a street car
Those GT3 brake discs and pads are generally noisey under all braking conditions so my guess would be that the combination of that plus the added pulsation of the ABS is what gives off the somewhat unusual sound.

If memory serves me correctly, I believe I found out about the nature of this sound during one of David Perel's ACC livestreams a couple of years back. At the time, he was using his real life experience as a Ferrari driver to give Kunos input and help them achieve more lifelike sounds in the game.

Hey this is a big improvement on the kunos sounds. Thanks for uploading :) One issue I have is near buildings I'm getting a really weird reverb on down shifts. It's like the waste gate is fluttering really loud but the reverb /echo seem way too much. Is this the same for you or is it some other settings? Is their a fix !? Driving me crazy on street tracks :)

Hey this is a big improvement on the kunos sounds. Thanks for uploading :) One issue I have is near buildings I'm getting a really weird reverb on down shifts. It's like the waste gate is fluttering really loud but the reverb /echo seem way too much. Is this the same for you or is it some other settings? Is their a fix !? Driving me crazy on street tracks :)
Hiya thanks for the compliments. I'm not sure but it seems like the sound you're referring to is the turbo flutter. I'm not sure why the echo is so loud. What are your audio settings? This sound is made to run well with stock audio volumes

Hiya thanks for the compliments. I'm not sure but it seems like the sound you're referring to is the turbo flutter. I'm not sure why the echo is so loud. What are your audio settings? This sound is made to run well with stock audio volumes

Ye it's the turbo waste gate only that echo's of buildings like crazy. It is probably a CSP/CM settings issue at my end if you are not aware of it. I've been having some weird sound issues. I lost all my kunos GT3 sounds. A good excuse to replace them all with yours :) It really brings a new life to this pack of cars :)

I have tried it in Vanilla AC and with all CSP turned off and it is still the same :(

If you drive Luccaring https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/luccaring-circuito-dei-baluardi.6544/ is it the same for you? Seems way too loud, only in 'tunnels'. It is fine in the open parts of the tracks. It makes it hard to drive as you can't hear the tyres or brakes.

All other cars are normal echo on this track. Audi S1 rally car and 650s were the turbo cars i tried.

Made a crap video here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back