Ferrari 458 GT2 @ Spa-Francorchamps

This night I was on a server with this combo and my best was 1:16.4**.... Am I doing something wrong? I see the top times at RSR and they are much faster than mine... :S I might get into 1:16.2** with this setup but it is almost perfect time with my setup.

Any tips to improve this setup? Can you guys give me some feedback?

Attachments

• DRam_2.16.400.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 751
It's seldom setup in my experience. I'm doing about the same times as you now and all the time shaving off more and more time just with practice. It's amazing how much more time you can shave off just by practicing a track like spa.
If you compare the most popular setup here with default, it's almost identical to the default. I've taken my own setup much further from default and notice that I only get fater if I take it back towards the default.

Heres mine that I use for qualy. It's changed recently though because I drove offline, so online you should lower the car about three clicks which is not possible offline.
Race setup is basically the same, one click less arb front and rear, softs or mediums and more fuel.

Attachments

• Tomas Qualy.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 831
Im off for 2 seconds. And I just cannot figure it out where I loose so much (1,5sec!!! in 2nd stint) - and it seems like a perfect lap. Just cannot imagine of gaining 2 seconds, it seems like a mission impossible.
I can do a high 2.16 (easily), but thats it!

Last edited:
For me, typical corners to lose a few tenths at compared to ideal lap are La Source (T1), Bruxelles (180 degrees right hander) and especially Bus Stop (last chicane). Can easily yield almost a second of lost time combined even if mine line through them feels not that bad. For all other corners I can typically see right away that I made a mistake that cost time. I use Delta Bar app to track my laps pace, and it helped me a lot with improving my pace because I can immediately see where I lose time or where I gain it compared to my previous laps​

I would agree there are some tricky turns/corners where is very simple and unnoticable to loose time. I have found that out by my self too. You need a tight line and carry as much speed as possible out of them on straights.
But with some more work on the setup I gained a batter later braking and turn-in.
Today might be a time to brake 2.16 barrier.

@demetri How are your lap times after 1.3, I could do 2:16 easily and now I haven't seen one person who broke that barrier again.
You are the fastest driver in this combo that I raced with, so I wanted to ask.
Also, all the setups seem to be garbage after the update, are you feeling the same?

I can do mid-high 2:16 in qualification and I've seen one guy (Paolo Muia) doing 2:15.9 :confused:. But that's OK, he's an alien. Race laps are much worse for me, the best was high 17, usually it's 18 and 19 for the last couple of laps.
Old setups don't work, too much understeer. I tried to fix it by making softer front, harder rear and made some changes in brake bias and diff settings towards more oversteer. But maybe it's a wrong way and I should lower rear aero down to 2 and use completely different suspension settings than I used to

Anyone who has already a good base setup for 1.3 that he would like to share?

If i check my graph comparing a 2:16.5 (<1.3) and a 2:17.5 (>1.3) i lose the most time at the straight, i'm missing about 5 a 10 kph top speed. Also i'm losing a lot of time at Pouhon after the patch.

The RSR LiveTiming database isn't very fun anymore, the older times can never be broken again if you ask me, maybe they have to start all over again?

Being 1 second slower is OK, no setup will help you get back to your old times. Top speeds dropped down for all GT cars, not sure if this is a bug or a feature though. And being slower at Pouchon in a high downforce car is what you should've expected from the physics changes

After the last update top speed issue has been fixed and old lap times are back. I had to decrease both ARBs by one click, and power diff down to 20. That cured horrible understeer at Pouchon that I used to have since 1.3. Pouchon still remains slower than before by about 10kmh for me, but the time I lose there I can find back in most of the other turns, especially La Source and Bus Stop

It really does seem to be a lot better for me after the last update. Did a 2:18 last night for the first time ever. So I'm happy about that, one day maybe I'll be an alien like you guys :D.
And @Demitri, I still feel bad about wrecking you last night....again sorry lol

Hey drivers!

I work on a new setup for this v1.3.4.
Qualif time : 2.16.0xx
Race time : 2.16.9xx
I share it soon in a new video on my youtube channel :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jjma_bE_HraxnuydYlnlQ/feed

Have fun
I am in high 2.16 so far with your setup. So far, cause have only made 8 laps xD And I have no idea how to improove this setup cause it seem flawless for me. Maybe I could use some more power on 2nd gear, but probably I should just use 1st (1st corner and last chicane)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 209 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%