Ferrari 458 GT2 @ Anywhere

Chris

Premium
I'm trying to like this car. I really am. It's beautiful, and it sounds great (from the outside).

There's just one thing I cannot seem to dial out.
The inherent oversteer on slow speed exit. It's as if the throttle is incredibly sensitive, and the rear wheels simply cannot wait to start losing traction. It's almost as if they want to. High speed corners are fine. It's just the low speed traction zones that are an absolute disaster.

I've tried everything I can think of to dial out this annoying feel.
  • Increasing rear wing, lowing front wing
  • Decreasing rear camber for more traction.
  • Reducing rear toe-in
  • Loosening the diff-power (down to 20%)
  • Softening rear suspension, stiffening front suspension.
  • Increasing rear suspension travel range.
  • Reducing tyre pressures, especially at the rear.
  • Lowering rear Bump damper values.
Nothing has worked. :mad::cautious:

Any tips?

Not a setup as such, but the only way I've managed to deal with this is change the range of my throttle pedal so there is a bit of a deadzone before any throttle is applied in game. I'm a bit lead footed so find this approach works pretty well for me.

Well, I mean, I've looked at the Pedals App during a replay and it's not especially aggressive on the throttle.
I'm at a bit of a loss :\

Overall, I love the 458 GT2 but, I agree about the low end and the rear stepping out. I also noticed that the 1st gear + throttle behavior is very odd and I find it hard to tell what is actually happening. It sounds like the rev's are hitting the limiter but, the back end is loose and I'm barely touching the throttle. It feels a bit like the torque curve is off at low rev's / low gears.

Chris, post your current one and I'll have a look at it.
Will do... Tomorrow :D Am off to bed right now.
Overall, I love the 458 GT2 but, I agree about the low end and the rear stepping out. I also noticed that the 1st gear + throttle behavior is very odd and I find it hard to tell what is actually happening. It sounds like the rev's are hitting the limiter but, the back end is loose and I'm barely touching the throttle. It feels a bit like the torque curve is off at low rev's / low gears.

^ This.
The throttle mapping and torque curve feels very very odd.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back