Cars Ferrari 412T2 - 1995 (by ASR Formula) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this great car mod. But, I installed this version (and also the 1.7 version released today), but it is not working. I get a steering wheel lag of almost a second and when I try to drive the car it is like there is absolutely no relation between my steering wheel input and what the car does. The car also move like it is in slow motion and sometimes it moves a bit faster.

This is the only car I have this issue with. I have a GTX 1070 and Core i7 7700hq with 32GB RAM, using a Logitech G27, so I think that cannot be the issue. I am using the latest rF2 dx11 open beta build.

What could be wrong here?

Same thing happened to me at one track pcraenme (I think it was one of the 1988 circuits), with the whole game seemingly running in super-slow-motion. Then I tried one of the official circuits and it was fine. I haven’t attempted to run the car since.

I know all the ASR mods seem to have very high res skins and this may be causing the issue. I really wish they would offer some lower res options, as, even after recently upgrading my PC to a 16Gb system with an 8Gb video card, I still get warnings about low video RAM when running ASR mods in AMS.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me at one track pcraenme (I think it was one of the 1988 circuits), with the whole game seemingly running in super-slow-motion. Then I tried one of the official circuits and it was fine. I haven’t attempted to run the car since.

I know all the ASR mods seem to have very high res skins and this may be causing the issue. I really wish they would offer some lower res options, as, even after recently upgrading my PC to a 16Gb system with an 8Gb video card, I still get warnings about low video RAM when running ASR mods in AMS.
I tried it with the official Studio 397 or ISI tracks and thwy also have the problem. This is the only car (from ASR) I have this problem with. And I can confirm what you say about AMS.. even with a 8GB GTX 1070 I get low graphics memory on some ASR cars.

I ran a race at Tiger Moth the other day pcraenme and, whilst early on the game ran with no problems, there were a couple of short pauses during the final lap, possibly related to an accident that happened out of sight up ahead.

Of equal concern to me though, is the mod’s sound, which is too loud in the first place (it drowns out the spotter) and the AI cars are far too loud relative to the player’s. Also, the player car’s engine noise is rather tinny and weedy (on my system at least) and only starts to sound more like I would expect when the lift-off turbo noise kicks in. The difference in level between the on-throttle and off-throttle sound seems excessive to me.

The mod looks great and drives well, but has too many issues for my liking and I’ve decided to uninstall it and stick to getting my 412T2 kicks from the brilliant AMS V12 cars.

I’m sorry John, but you’ll need to be a bit more specific, what do you mean by ‘it doesn’t work’? Have you confirmed that the file is in the correct folder? If it is, then the car should appear in your Content list (if you can’t see it, try pressing the ‘Refresh’ button). Then it’s just a case of selecting the entry in the list and hitting the ‘Install’ button. If it’s not appearing in the Content list, then I can only presume that you’ve not put the file in the correct folder. Do you have multiple rF2 or Steam installs, check the dropdown box at the bottom of the Content page for any alternative ‘Packages’ folders?

Attachments

• rF2_install_1.jpg
    rF2_install_1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 376
  • rF2_install_2.jpg
    rF2_install_2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 369
I’m sorry John, but you’ll need to be a bit more specific, what do you mean by ‘it doesn’t work’? Have you confirmed that the file is in the correct folder? If it is, then the car should appear in your Content list (if you can’t see it, try pressing the ‘Refresh’ button). Then it’s just a case of selecting the entry in the list and hitting the ‘Install’ button. If it’s not appearing in the Content list, then I can only presume that you’ve not put the file in the correct folder. Do you have multiple rF2 or Steam installs, check the dropdown box at the bottom of the Content page for any alternative ‘Packages’ folders?

I guess it was just being a twat at the time because I deleted it out of the folder and put it back in and then it finally recognized it on the list. I have it installed now. Thanks for the help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%