Resource icon

Cars Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione Version 1.1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
GTOfire submitted a new resource:

Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione - The insane racing prototype that birthed the F40 and F40 LM

RKzGA3T.jpg

Unlike the 288XX, this car isn't fictional at all, though it's rare enough that some mistake it for an F40 with a body kit. Under that body hides an engine that's built for racing and twin turbos that push it to a ridiculous amount of power, especially considering it weighs less than 1,000 Kgs.

Installation:
Extract the ferrari_288gto_evo folder from the rar file into your cars folder (in your steam installation...

Read more about this resource...

GTOfire updated Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione with a new update entry:

new sound, liveries

- version 1.1
* Updated backfire intensity, cheers to GTAce for pointing out it's rather tame nature
* Included GTAce's Castrol livery with updated preview to match the standard style.
* Included SchUPpor's Scuderia Ferrari and Marlboro liveries with updated previews to match the standard style.
* Included v0.47 of Fonsecker's WIP sounds. It's still on-going but worth an update as it's a massive improvement.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Off and on, Aphidgod has been working on updating the tires and other little tweaks. I haven't checked in with him in a while as I've spent virtually no time racing or modding assetto corsa in all of 2017 and even before then, but indeed we do want to finalize into one more update soon(ish) (tm).

It's certainly nice to see there's apparently still some interest :)

Off and on, Aphidgod has been working on updating the tires and other little tweaks.

It's certainly nice to see there's apparently still some interest :)

Hi GTOF .... still love this car but It would be great to see an update .... biggest issue with it IMHO is the car seems to have less grip in the the more recent versions of Assetto Corsa .... which maybe down to the old tyre model ?

It would be great to be able to adjust the gear ratio's ... as it stands it got the top end speed that Ferrari originally fitted but when we ran the car at short and twisty UK circuits we would change the ratio's so that it topped out at around 170MPH ... which made it much more drivable.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Nice to see you around here again, Jay.

I'm open to making any adjustments you see fit, if our esteemed modeler is game. We have it updated to current AC spec now, but I tried to do so while making the fewest changes possible.

Happy to send you the current car too, just ask. :)

The gear ratio can be done with reverse engineering looking for the gears of 288 GTO made by Kunos? There is Evoluzione gear ratios there, is it the same of this car?

The interesting is because this car is probably the rarest Ferrari, only 6 on total. And is a very trick car to drive, lots of turbo lag, doesnt have the aero of the cars of today with lots of diffusers, very special handling, even with the tyre model V5 looks very good to me, with the V10 will be one of the best mods for Assetto Corsa.

The kunos 288 GTO gear ratios are actually kind of interesting. You see, the owner's manual mentions all gear ratios outright, which is the ones that we put in the 288 road version. Meanwhile Kunos' ratios are split into a US set and another (that I think is simply the EU set, not necessarily the Evoluzione one). The US set is significantly different and IMO quite silly in how long it is. You basically barely even reach 5th gear at all. The 2nd set matches the manual (and therefor the mod) to within 0.002 for all but gear 5.
5th gear on the 2nd set I suspect is a copy-paste error because it actually matches the US set and doesn't make sense for the much shorter ratios of the 2nd set at all.

I don't know if the gears on the Evo from the factory were taken from the 288 or changed and if so, if they were put as-is in the F40, in which case we would be able to use those. Currently if I remember right I think I just took the GTO ones from the manual and made some minor adjustments to make it feel better with Jay's feedback. Hardly scientific but with lack of data it was the best we could do.

As for making it adjustable, of course we could do that. Aphidgod has my absolute blessing to change whatever he wants. I haven't been racing AC in many many months so it's great someone else is ready to jump in and update it to more current standards without me having to do the work :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back