Ferrari 250 SWB mod test @ Silverstone / Paul Ricard - 88 layouts - Thu 27th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer_250.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC65 Ferrari 250 SWB (download)
Track: Silverstone 88 / Paul Ricard 88
Race Time: 13.00
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 16 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Download from Butch's NFS Bolide site (mirroring not permitted, so it's an external link)
Note3: The mod comes with quite a few default skins, so we will use those.
Note4: The cars are all high cost, but as we should all have done the credits and car unlock cheat hopefully that won't cause anyone any problems. If you are short of cash, just buy the car you want to drive online.

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson (Black / White Noseband #7)
  2. Bert Van Waes (Red #68)
  3. Kris Leeten (tricolore #8)
  4. Matt Crouch
  5. Warren Dawes
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito
  7. Sam J Simpson (tentative)
  8. Ryan Callan
  9. Ulli Haus
  10. Piotr Misiorek
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver

I've just downloaded the Ferrari mod, so hopefully I can make it. Not installed it yet though, hopefully straight forward.

Yup - dead easy to install, just an unzip inot the GTC65 folder in Teams. They are expensive (250,000 each) and attached to the 275 in game, but they are very different to drive to the 275. I prefer them, for some the converse will of course be true - that's the beauty of GTL - that car are all different enough to spilt opinion - not almost cookie-cutter identical like some other sims.

The 250 has only 4 gears, a very high power lock angle by default (70% or so), is probably slightly slower overall, feels less understeery than the 275 (mostly due to the SWB, I'm guessing), handles somewhere between a Corvette and a Healey, easily slid, sounds magnificent.

Probably not if I'm driving it :D

Look at it this way - I did a quick race last night to get a feel for it, on Pro, and the AI in the 250 were between 0.4-0.7 sec slower than the AI in the 275, but I was able to get almost onto AI pace within 2-3 laps and it felt nice and controllable :good:

Outright speed is not really my big thing anyway - raceability is more important, especially in a single make race.

I'm hoping that, all being well, we can introduce the TR4, the Aston Martin DB4 & the Porsche 904 into the GTC65 mix, as I've always enjoyed Butch's cars.

Actually, how about until we get up to the next league, we use Thursday as some mod test nights?

Then we can vote on whether it was good / bad, and whether to keep / bin it.

Tuesdays for tc65/gtc65 events/sprint nights
Thursdays for mod testing nights
Saturdays for GTC76 testing nights

I'll stick a poll up

Sign me up Stuart!

as tentative --> depends on how many troubles this building my own playseat causes me on Thursday (that's the only day I can use my friends welding equipment :)

So keep your fingers crossed that my construction turns out to be well thought through :fwd: (the racing seat should be in today, and I got the metal already ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 27.9%