AC Ferrari 250 GTO v TVR Griffith 200 @ Monza '66 - Mon 17 Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I am surprised that the GTO is considered as the faster car. When I did a track day with the AI, the first 5 cars were all TVRs with more than 2sec advantage over the GTOs.
The AI in AC really struggle with old race cars. Whatever flaws they have mean they are more off pace in certain cars than others because of how they drive I guess. They are further off pace in the 250 GTO than they are in the Griffith. As an example at Silverstone 67 the Ferrari can do 1:43.2 and IIRC the Griffith is very similar but just a tiny bit quicker where as the AI do 1.44.5 in the TVR and 1.48.6 in the Ferrari.

Really great combo, @Denis Betty :thumbsup: The cars behave very different but their performance is near equal so it depends on the preference of the driver. In practice I 'm faster with the TVR but I need full concentration with every turn because oversteer is sudden and deadly. The GTO is more forgiving, I think. So I guess it will be a real challenge for me to have this concentration with other drivers around.

Last edited:
Nothing here to laugh or scowl @ :cautious:

I've just had another go with the GTO & although I can string two laps together without hitting the armco barrier I'm still struggling to get to grips with the 'easier' car. Apart from the start line I doubt I'd be involved in the race, so for that reason I going to pull out of tonight's race.

Last edited:
I am really struggeling with this old lady :O_o: . Any tipps how to tame her? Is the stock setup useful?

I am really struggeling with this old lady :O_o: . Any tipps how to tame her? Is the stock setup useful?
I've only driven them on default setup. I would say (if you are struggling), brake mainly in a straight line and brake early. Try (at first) to rotate the car using the gas pedal and (when you feel in control) then you can try to rotate her in the slower corners, using the brake.

just start slow and build up your speed. Be sure to run the tyre pressures in the green. :thumbsup:

I've only driven them on default setup. I would say (if you are struggling), brake mainly in a straight line and brake early. Try (at first) to rotate the car using the gas pedal and (when you feel in control) then you can try to rotate her in the slower corners, using the brake.

just start slow and build up your speed. Be sure to run the tyre pressures in the green. :thumbsup:
Thank you Denis. Wasn't aware of how important tyre pressure is. Did adjust (raise) it a bit and that helped a lot. Still a long way to go to be fast but at least it's more enjoyable now :thumbsup:

It is best for me to stay in rF2, i don't know what the hell i'm doing. :roflmao:
Oculus or the game froze in the grid 10 seconds before the race when i tried to click on lower rear rebound.

It is best for me to stay in rF2, i don't know what the hell i'm doing. :roflmao:
Oculus or the game froze in the grid 10 seconds before the race when i tried to click on lower rear rebound.
In rF2 i would restart Warm up and wait for you, but I was afraid to mess this up in AC because I don't really understand the commands. :(

Thanks for organising Denis and John and congrats to the podiums of both classes :p

Lots of stuff happend, felt like in an action movie. Flying cars all around me, especially in the first race when I was starting as the penultimate. But could stay out of trouble and ended up P2 in the GTO class :D Could improve my PB many times during the race as I got comfortable with the car.

Apologies to @Kek700 for ending up in your line after spinning at the end of race 2 :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 205 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.2%