AC Ferrari 250 GTO v TVR Griffith 200 @ Monza '66 - Mon 17 Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for organizing tonight's race ! These cars were alot more fun than I thought. I had several great battles and felt I got faster and faster each lap.

I was a bit clumsy there in the start of race two. First I span into @HF2000 and as I let of the throttle to let him go before me, @Denis Betty got in between us and then we bumped into each other. Sorry mate, I could easily have given you more space there.

From my perspective it seems that our Holland ( I think ) servers are slow, that is what Patrick seemed to suggest. Tonight I was at times at 210 normally 15.
Tried another online server 17.
Has it been stated elsewhere, or are the Dutch picking on me,:O_o:

Thanks for organizing tonight's race ! These cars were alot more fun than I thought. I had several great battles and felt I got faster and faster each lap.

I was a bit clumsy there in the start of race two. First I span into @HF2000 and as I let of the throttle to let him go before me, @Denis Betty got in between us and then we bumped into each other. Sorry mate, I could easily have given you more space there.
No problem buddy, I was poking my nose into a hornets nest really. Three wide in these cars is asking a lot. :roflmao: Maybe I should have been more patient. :)

From my perspective it seems that our Holland ( I think ) servers are slow, that is what Patrick seemed to suggest. Tonight I was at times at 210 normally 15.
Has it been stated elsewhere, or are the Dutch picking on me,:O_o:.

I have no idea mate. I'll ask the question in the staff section. Hope we can get it sorted for you asap. :thumbsup:

Has it been stated elsewhere, or are the Dutch picking on me,:O_o:
I'm hearing that there may have been a hiccup this evening with the server. Hopefully it's a one off.

Huge thanks for tonight's races @Denis Betty , had great fun trying to learn these cars 'n track - seat of the pants driving is back! :laugh:

Congrats to the podium guys, have watched the replays and there was some fantastic racing between you all:thumbsup:

Big thanks also to someone in a silver Ferrari(?can't find the name in entry list, was it you @Kresh ?), @640er and @Kek700 for some great and fair wheel to wheel stuff, in these cars if you're about to lose it, you're a passenger, so all the more appreciated:)

Thanks @Denis Betty for organizing this great combo :thumbsup:
Man this TVR is a hand full, but so rewarding once you got it down.

@Pauli Ahonen I don't completely understand what happened at the main straight (I'm guessing lag or rubberbanding) but it was quite exciting :O_o::roflmao:. I gained controll back pretty quick just to see the mess in front of me. It was pure luck I didn't get involved in that metal pile as well. So don't worry on my account ;).

@Medilloni again mate, I'm sooo sooo sorry for knocking you of the road at the parabolica. I was closing in on you guys while you had your battle, which was fun to watch. When you were side by side I got really close but there was no room for me so I backed off to wait for my chance. I was just getting ready to break for the parabolica when your brake lights turned on. I was taken by surprise and hit the brakes way to hard which caused a lockup and loss of control. I tried to go to the right but hit the grass which didn't help slowing down nor gaining control again. I missed the Ferrari only just and was hoping to miss you as well ... but I didn't. Totally my bad and again ... I'm deeply sorry :redface:

@Erik Axelsson Amazing pace in race 2 mate. You really motivated me to push to my limit which ultimately lead to my PB in each of my final 3 laps. Great race :thumbsup:

Funny how it all goes, drove flat out through some massive carnage, that got me a good gap to John.
Eventually John caught me again with Ronnie attached, Ronnie then took himself and John out going into the parabolica just missing me ( sorry about the nudge John ). ;)
That sorted that out for me, by then John was far enough back to be unlikely of catching me before the end. Chased Han, that was beyond me and the GTO’s ability, so eventually gave up on that.
Decided to coast on to the finish, coasting being the right word, ran out of fuel and really did coast to a stop. That was all my luck used up.:confused:

For future reference, I'd be interested to know what the fastest laps in the GTO were? I know that the quick guys were doing low 46's and possibly the occasional 45 in the TVR. There was some suggestion that perhaps the GTO was not quite as quick? The GTO however, was (for most people I think) easier to drive, so a very small speed advantage for the TVR would be OK IMO.

I'd just be interested to hear your thoughts. That's a dangerous question because, the likelihood is, everybody will have differing opinions I guess. However, if there is a consensus that one car should have ballast at any future event, then I can look into it.

Of course, none of this is important unless there are enough guys who would like to run these cars again? I like the idea of running two cars with different strengths, but maybe you guys would prefer a single model event? Or did you hate both cars and wouldn't join any future events for either of them?

For future reference, I'd be interested to know what the fastest laps in the GTO were? I know that the quick guys were doing low 46's and possibly the occasional 45 in the TVR. There was some suggestion that perhaps the GTO was not quite as quick? The GTO however, was (for most people I think) easier to drive, so a very small speed advantage for the TVR would be OK IMO.

I'd just be interested to hear your thoughts. That's a dangerous question because, the likelihood is, everybody will have differing opinions I guess. However, if there is a consensus that one car should have ballast at any future event, then I can look into it.

Of course, none of this is important unless there are enough guys who would like to run these cars again? I like the idea of running two cars with different strengths, but maybe you guys would prefer a single model event? Or did you hate both cars and wouldn't join any future events for either of them?
I was surprised the Ferrari wasn't faster on the straights Denis - though like you say, the TVR seems slightly easier to handle (in practice I did the same lap time with both cars, tho Aliens would be the best judge imo). Looking at the grid (all TVR's at the front), maybe give the Ferrari a 10% - 15% advantage and see where we go from there?

Don't hate either car and would like to race them again - yes, they are a challenge, but like the Lola T70 and other older cars, that's all part of the 'character building' process :laugh:

I was surprised the Ferrari wasn't faster on the straights Denis - though like you say, the TVR seems slightly easier to handle (in practice I did the same lap time with both cars, tho Aliens would be the best judge imo). Looking at the grid (all TVR's at the front), maybe give the Ferrari a 10% - 15% advantage and see where we go from there?

Don't hate either car and would like to race them again - yes, they are a challenge, but like the Lola T70 and other older cars, that's all part of the 'character building' process :laugh:
Would love to run the Lola, but I'm scared nobody would sign up. It might end up being just you and me. :(

I had a perfect lap behind you in race 1, while the fuel was fairly low and I had good slipstream from you and that was a 46.986 if I remember correctly. I'll check the other lap times of the GTO's when I'm home. There is no way I could've gone faster on this track.

The gap from me (fastest GTO) to the pole position time was 1.1 seconds.

The TVR seemed to have a lot more grip, so the difference would be even bigger on every other track, as classic Monza favours the higher power of the Ferrari V12.

I'll see if I can make some time to do some BOP testing with these two cars. I'd say 30KG's ballast to the TVR would be a good starting point.

The Ferrari also was quite sketchy on the limit, as sliding it was faster, as it it should be. However, it would occasionally snap to the other side without warning.

Surprised by your results. The Ferrari is supposed to be the faster car on the straights :/ and from memory around that track.
I might redownload the released Griffith and test that one out.

At most tracks that release build of the Griffith is faster. The more tight and twisty the track the further ahead the TVR will likely be. Silverstone is pretty close but it is easier to be consistent in the TVR and it is still a touch faster overall there IIRC.

In the as yet unreleased new build of the Griffith Riverside short is close but in the build you have the TVR is much faster there also.

If you were going to use them again I would recommend Silverstone 67.

The GTO is faster on the big banked Monza circuit, ( not sure about a whole lap, although Enzo suggest it is) , personally I was quite happy with the difference, for me, made it very challenging. :thumbsup:
My fastest in the race was a 1-47-0.6, it meant the TVR had to struggle to get by, when it eventually did create a gap it was gone, that's what I would expect anyway.
Me I am happy with the way it is.:)

Hmph, I must just be worse around here in the TVR than the Ferrari if people are doing 45's without some slipstream or super low ambient. I dont think I can get much into the 45's. Just had a go and could only manage 1:46.104 in the Griff and that was at 18c , just under 4 tenths off my best at 26c in the 250GTO.

Well, for me it was great fun. For the first time I was faster in qually than Enzo and in the race I could match his pace as long as I didn't make any mistake. I think it would be very interesting to do this again with the aliens in the GTO and the mortals in the TVR with full reverse grid in the second race. Will give great battles everywhere and also give the aliens a real challenge!

Muchas gracias for organising @Denis Betty and @Medilloni .

Oh, and Enzo missed the start of the second race because he went to the toilet and didn't expect so little time between the races. So maybe it's a good idea to have a pee pause next time? Personally I was glad for this otherwise I wouldn't have been on the podium :p .

Yes I changed something. I'll put it back to 2 minutes for next Monday.

I'm a couple of tenths 0.2 slower in the GTO. Nothing in it for me. If I get the setup right, I think I can beat my PB for the TVR. John said his times are identical between the two cars. I really don't see that the TVR is significantly quicker. When you factor in that a couple of the guys feel that the TVR is harder to keep on track, my personal feeling is that we shouldn't add ballast to either car ATM. I've put a server back up on Server #3 "Test". If anybody else has anything to add, please feel free. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%