Ferrari 250 GTO Road Racing Series - Details

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Here are the details for the upcoming Road Racing Series

What?

250gto.jpg
Ferrari 250GTO part1 & part2 (large download - do not leave until the last minute)

Where?

Bathurst 67
Longford 67
Sachsenring 67
Charade 70
Le Mans 70

When?

Bathurst 67 - 25/8/11
Longford 67 - 01/09/11
Sachsenring 67 - 08/09/11
Charade 70 - 15/09/11
Le Mans 70 - 22/09/11

How Long?

Race duration - 2 x 75km

How Much?

P1 - 15 pts
P2 - 12 pts
P3 - 10 pts
P4 - 8 pts
P5 - 6 pts
P6 - 5pts
P7 - 4pts
P8 - 3pts
P9 - 2pts
P10 - 1pt

And?

Historic Club Rules will be in use for this Series, so you are required to stop safely and wait if you take anyone off.

Goody, it will run Thursdays which will suit me better. By then we should have DST starting to finish too, which helps me even more.
Downloading the Ferrari now to have a look at it, but I'm sure it will be a classic. :)

Yeah - but I'm getting a little concerned that we won't get the numbers for these races to work at 150km distance.

Historic attendance Numbers are down, and I had to cancel a cast iron classic GTL event in the week, and an undersubscribed enduro event in the Caterhams.

I'm considering a re-think on the format, to tell the truth. Or just giving up.

As with the Boss series, i'm sure we'll see a sudden increase in club attendance due to its championship-like nature. Mind you, 150km might be too long for some folks so i don't know whether it's worth considering 100km (a la RDHGP) or 2x25min races? I'm happy with 150km myself but maybe it'll put some 'casual' racers off? (Just speculating here)

The car's great by the way, and the tracks will suit it perfectly.

Actually - the Boss series was 2 races, wasn't it?

Maybe 2 x 75 km races (about 30 mins each) would work.

It's easier for me to work it out using distance with these, as the laps (and therefore laptimes) are generally quite long.

Yeah- Boss series were all double-headers. I can see 2x 75km being more popular, as at least if you get DNF'd on lap 1, race 1, there's still another race to look forward to. And the tracks are quite narrow in places too, so first lap incidents are more likely.

I knwo I have not done many events of late just been that busy with sim building work not getting much time to race. But can I hit on a point that Bram said in the Le Mans Legaue to get more people in events and leagues there really needs to be more done to promote it having things on the home page. I know it helped me with my old GTR2 events. you need a nice talk about like what you do for the legaue where you have all about the track and what to look out for there awesome and will get people thinking oh that sounds good. Then alos you could get some of us to right about what we feel the club events are like to race in. Its only my 2 pence worth but it could well help :D

I personally much prefer enduros, but such a format would also be interesting. And I thank the organizers for the early announcement. Now, I can try the car (I have not had a chance yet) and will study tracks a little (none of which I have not ridden). :wink:
BTW - still (as Knut suggested), nice to do at least one stage as enduro.:rolleyes:

This. Looks. Awesome!

Great work Stu - just one thing, is this going to be a sign up like a league, or a sign up on a race by race basis? Reason I ask is I won't be able to do the first one - I'm at Leeds Festival then :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back