Ferrari 250 GTO Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Marco Massarutto has revealed a first image of the iconic Ferrari 250 GTO that is due to be added to Assetto Corsa later in the year.

As part of the Ferrari anniversary celebrations due to take place this year, Kunos revealed a while back that a very special Ferrari DLC will be arriving for Assetto Corsa during 2017, the first new Ferrari content in the game for a quite a while by all accounts likely to feature some of the finest cars ever released by the Italian manufacturers.

Part of the end of year blog post Kunos said of new Ferrari content:

"As you might know, in 2017 we will celebrate 70 years of the most iconic automotive Brand, and we’ll do it in our style, with seven of the most iconic and famous models created in Maranello. You can already start to think about your favourite ones, because you will have the chance to vote for it"

Presumably part of the new DLC package, Marco Massarutto has revealed a rather tempting looking teaser of the exceptional 250 GTO, long regarded as one of the most strikingly beautiful Ferrari's ever to be produced by a manufacturer world renowned for their design quality during the last 70 years of supercar manufacturing.

Ferrari 250 GTO.png

Produced by Ferrari between 1962 to 1964 for homologation into the FIA's Group 3 Grand Touring Car category, the 250 GTO very quickly went into the record books as one of the most desirable cars created by Enzo Ferrari and his engineers, supported by a long list of success out on the racetracks of the world. Using the then popular 3.0 litre Tipo 168 V12 engine, the 250 would be capable of producing 300hp when first launched, however as was the trend of the time the power down on the real wheels would be substantially biased towards the low end of the torque range, giving those lucky enough to purchase one of the 39 models produced a hair raising driving experience with plenty of opportunity for real wheel slip under heavy acceleration, something Ferrari and designers Giotto Bizzarrini and Sergio Scaglietti looked to help alleviate by adding wide track tyres to the rear of the car and the aerodynamic spoiler, helping shape the aggressive posture so famous with the 250 GTO.

With the car designed specifically to help Ferrari's quest to beat it's then main rivals Jaguar, Shelby and Aston Martin in GT racing, the 250 GTO marked a significant upturn in fortunes for the team. Securing the over 2000cc class of the FIA's International Championship for GT Manufacturers in 1962, 1963, and 1964 with such talents as Formula One World Champion Phil Hill behind the wheel of these beautiful machines.

Oh and that sound...
No details as to when the car will be made available, or indeed if the 250 GTO will come as part of a larger DLC pack or released as a standalone content are available at this time. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more information as and when it becomes known.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by Kunos Simulazioni.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the 250 GTO coming to Assetto Corsa? What other models from the Ferrari back catalogue would you like to see? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ok pafe, thanks. It was my understanding that the 911 RSR was going to be free to those that already own the Porsche Pack 3 from Assetto Corsa, when the RSR is eventually released. But, as you stated, I'm clearly incorrect. Also, I was under the impression that this post was about a car that Assetto Corsa was releasing, the Ferrari 25 GTO. Having that impression, I asked the question regarding another car that Assetto is said to be releasing, the 911 RSR. I again, ignorantly and incorrectly saw a relationship between to the two events/cars and therefore asked the question. But you have corrected me and stated that my question has nothing to do with this thread. Thank you. It seems also, due to an earlier post of my where I expressed an opinion regarding sims in general and my giving up any further posting on the subject by saying, "Never mind. You're right", to be some sort of acceptance of being stupid and admitting that I have no idea what I'm talking about. I think that's why you were quick to answer in the manner that you did. My earlier response was not accepting being incorrect, but rather to say: "Why bother? Just tell the poster that he's right, and I'm wrong." This way I don't have to argue about it anymore as I'll be told I'm incorrect anyway. Which is fine. But as far as your completely ignorant answer, I would say: I was giving someone such as yourself the opportunity to show your stupidity and willingness to try to make someone feel stupid and elevate yourself, which you fell for, and you did. So I'll just quietly say that you are an ass and you have shown yourself for who you are. Can anyone else the question? When's that free RSR coming? It was supposed to be last month.

puhh, I thought putting in that smiley would be clear enough that my answer was meant in an ironic way.
But rereading the previous posts I well understand your reaction.

About the second part: Every AC thread is at the moment turning into "what Ac is not, has not delivered"-thread, and that is quite annoying.

Every announcement turns into a complaint fest about what AC doesn't have...

How about moving on and finding something that suits your needs?

How about getting what we paid for? The GTO is being released yet we still do not have the GT3 RSR, which I spent money to get.

I like the sim, I really do, yet when we are promised something if we pay for it, then do not get it, we do get to be a little miffed when additional "exciting" content is released instead of the content we (I) paid for and want.

You can chalk it up to impatience if you choose. I will chalk it up to me spending my money for a product I have yet to receive, while the person (s) who took my money are telling me to look at the shiny object in the distance.

Which many in here are doing. Hell Kunos does not even have to come in here to defend itself, it has many in here who will blithely, flippantly and arrogantly tell us to be happy with paying for nothing. Or go elsewhere.

Tell you what: I am going to keep enjoying the time I spend in AC. I think it is a fairly good sim. I will also continue to question why Kunos has taken my money and not given me what they had promised. I will also continue to think of this "bestest" sim as merely a mediocre hot-lap sim because of a tiny on-line community. I will also consider that the AI is flawed far more than "lesser" sims and make it difficult to have a solo race.

How about having a little respect for those of us who are willing to see the flaws (and the fact that Kunos has money for product they owe me) and ask that Kunos show a bit of timeliness when it comes to promises they made to us long ago?

Just to be clear: I am a patient man and I am willing to give Kunos the benefit of the doubt. What makes me impatient are those who denigrate others while, wrongly, defending their "turf" when others bring up legitimate issues.

Such as the legitimate issues raised in this thread.

The moaning and criticism in this community is enlightening.

What a bunch of spoilt brats. Why people who only complain & throw criticism at AC are even bothering to comment?... tells me a lot. Go and play one of the many other hugely better racing sims. :O_o:
You may call them spoiled, others would call those complaints legitimate. The only people acting spoiled, or entitled, in here are those who are denigrating the ones who are voicing concerns about the game.

It is kinda like saying: "The beatings will commence until the moral improves."

Kinda humorous that there are so many in here, and other forums, who are so quick to complain, throw criticism, denigrate, and even bully those who dare voice an opinion that is opposite of devout adoration.

Pot meet kettle?

How about getting what we paid for? The GTO is being released yet we still do not have the GT3 RSR, which I spent money to get.
No release date for the GTO either, which just throws out the water all your complaint based on this argument. We only got a couple partial teasers of the 250 gto and no other information.
Kunos already gave us the justification of why the RSR is not ready yet, because it lacks physics data from the real car. This is Porsche latest race car that has made one race yet in the real world. Porsche and all the other manufacturers are interested in having their cars well portrayed in the sim, so if Porsche thinks the car is not yet ready for simulation in game, then it isn't and we just have to wait more until we can have it available.
Next you're going to ask "why did they put it in pack3"? Because it fits perfectly in the content list of pack3. We got the 911 turbo S (which is a great car) as consolation until the RSR is ready, but if they didn't put the RSR in pack3 then they would have to sell the car separately and is not a good move. Besides, be it in pack3 or out of it, you would still get the car at the same time in case you were interested in purchasing only later.

The RSR will be released as soon as they have enough data on it. That has been mentioned a few times. I'm thankful that Kunos is not rushing it out but keeps their standard up. If you think of it, its the detailed recreation of the cars, that makes AC stand out from other sims.
Apart from that, they have released the Porsche 911 Turbo S as substitute with PP3, to make up for the temporarily missing car.

No it's not.

Perhaps if you were going to get this worked up over a car that didnt even feature in any real world races until 2017.... you shouldnt have pre-ordered it...

But, personal accountability is certainly not something people care about anymore.
I am worked up (not really, I just despise those who like to denigrate others who want to know where their promised product is) because I paid for it, with the promise I would get it, and was then told it was not going to be available. Does that register with you or do you still wish to delude yourself into thinking that those of us who demand accountability from a dev that took our money based on certain promises and has not followed up on those promises, is doing something wrong?

I know what accountability means, and the importance of the meaning. It seems you don't as you are holding paying customers "accountable" for the promises the dev is not keeping. What you are doing is deflecting the "accountability" back to us in an attempt to shame us into silence.

Stop. The shame lies with those who try to silence legitimate criticism.

Again: I am a patient man, and do not have issue with waiting...

...until some fanboi who only knows blind obeisance tries to pull crap like making me "accountable", or demanding my personal "accountability", for the missteps of others.

No release date for the GTO either, which just throws out the water all your complaint based on this argument. We only got a couple partial teasers of the 250 gto and no other information.
Kunos already gave us the justification of why the RSR is not ready yet, because it lacks physics data from the real car. This is Porsche latest race car that has made one race yet in the real world. Porsche and all the other manufacturers are interested in having their cars well portrayed in the sim, so if Porsche thinks the car is not yet ready for simulation in game, then it isn't and we just have to wait more until we can have it available.
Next you're going to ask "why did they put it in pack3"? Because it fits perfectly in the content list of pack3. We got the 911 turbo S (which is a great car) as consolation until the RSR is ready, but if they didn't put the RSR in pack3 then they would have to sell the car separately and is not a good move. Besides, be it in pack3 or out of it, you would still get the car at the same time in case you were interested in purchasing only later.
Then tell us that at the start. I would have bought it, one way or another. I have issue with the way in which it was marketed to us.

Thank you for your reply; you made your point in a manner that did not endeavor to debase my opinion. Kudos.

• Fidanza99

F FIFTY KUNOS..!
BECAUSE IM SHOUTING FOR THIS CAR FROM THE ALPHA STAGE OF THIS GAME
AND
Its now time to take the Legendary F50 into the sim

Sorry what??? Did you forget Raceroom? Assetto Corsa has a discount every single time a dlc is released and you can basically buy everything with 50 euros. If you have spent more on this game, i'm afraid you made a huge mistake.

Yes, yes, as much as I agree with a lot of the folks here about the GTO (great iconic car, but will see little track/race time due to lack of competition, etc), I still think it's a good complement to the AC garage, especially since it is celebrating the big F's 70th...we gotta be mindful that there are also 6 other Ferraris that will also be released! I personally dont think AC are losing sight of their future or have 'strayed' from their path, I will give them the benefit of the doubt as they are an Italian company afterall, and 70 years birthday should be big. The latest 1.14 saw much improvements and I'm looking forward to more content this year...hopefully another track or two (Fuji? Suzuka?? Macau??? We can only wish)

Anyhow, if there are 6 more Ferrari to choose and vote, why not one that would probably please most of those here in terms of driveability, raceability and being iconic in its own? My choice: 1989/90 Ferrari F1 640/641
ff09_r101_01.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back