Ferrari 250 GTO Coming to Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Marco Massarutto has revealed a first image of the iconic Ferrari 250 GTO that is due to be added to Assetto Corsa later in the year.

As part of the Ferrari anniversary celebrations due to take place this year, Kunos revealed a while back that a very special Ferrari DLC will be arriving for Assetto Corsa during 2017, the first new Ferrari content in the game for a quite a while by all accounts likely to feature some of the finest cars ever released by the Italian manufacturers.

Part of the end of year blog post Kunos said of new Ferrari content:

"As you might know, in 2017 we will celebrate 70 years of the most iconic automotive Brand, and we’ll do it in our style, with seven of the most iconic and famous models created in Maranello. You can already start to think about your favourite ones, because you will have the chance to vote for it"

Presumably part of the new DLC package, Marco Massarutto has revealed a rather tempting looking teaser of the exceptional 250 GTO, long regarded as one of the most strikingly beautiful Ferrari's ever to be produced by a manufacturer world renowned for their design quality during the last 70 years of supercar manufacturing.

Ferrari 250 GTO.png

Produced by Ferrari between 1962 to 1964 for homologation into the FIA's Group 3 Grand Touring Car category, the 250 GTO very quickly went into the record books as one of the most desirable cars created by Enzo Ferrari and his engineers, supported by a long list of success out on the racetracks of the world. Using the then popular 3.0 litre Tipo 168 V12 engine, the 250 would be capable of producing 300hp when first launched, however as was the trend of the time the power down on the real wheels would be substantially biased towards the low end of the torque range, giving those lucky enough to purchase one of the 39 models produced a hair raising driving experience with plenty of opportunity for real wheel slip under heavy acceleration, something Ferrari and designers Giotto Bizzarrini and Sergio Scaglietti looked to help alleviate by adding wide track tyres to the rear of the car and the aerodynamic spoiler, helping shape the aggressive posture so famous with the 250 GTO.

With the car designed specifically to help Ferrari's quest to beat it's then main rivals Jaguar, Shelby and Aston Martin in GT racing, the 250 GTO marked a significant upturn in fortunes for the team. Securing the over 2000cc class of the FIA's International Championship for GT Manufacturers in 1962, 1963, and 1964 with such talents as Formula One World Champion Phil Hill behind the wheel of these beautiful machines.

Oh and that sound...
No details as to when the car will be made available, or indeed if the 250 GTO will come as part of a larger DLC pack or released as a standalone content are available at this time. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more information as and when it becomes known.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by Kunos Simulazioni.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the 250 GTO coming to Assetto Corsa? What other models from the Ferrari back catalogue would you like to see? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
There are already very nice Enzo and FXX add-ons available via 3rd party.

Kunos really need to spend time on improving the broken core game, not so much time on selling DLC ;)
What's the broken core game? For me AI in general + specific tracks like Spa and Nordschleife needs good improvements. But what else do you classify as broken core game?

The moaning and criticism in this community is enlightening.

What a bunch of spoilt brats. Why people who only complain & throw criticism at AC are even bothering to comment?... tells me a lot. Go and play one of the many other hugely better racing sims. :O_o:

I'd love there to be a street legal endurance class with top level drivers in it again. Drag racers manage to do it with multi thousand horsepower engine setups (ok some of those are only street legal cause half of america has zero laws about roadworthiness), coupe/sedan racing should be able to manage it as well.

When did it become wrong as a paying customer to complain? Beyond being a right it is a necessity. Companies, followed only by shills, have no pressure to improve and deliver exceptional results. They usually fail because shills never have the courage to tell them they need to change. Pressure leads to effort leads to progress leads to better results.

Complain at right moment and place, this isn't a thread about AC features or lack thereof...

Wether you think it's great, crap... or something in between, AC is a game that has been officially released for more than 2 years now, it's actually quite amazing that it has evolved as much as it did since it's official launch(on patches that usually come together with these DLC packs so one thing doesn't interfere with the other) in these days where the standard behaviour is to drop a title 6 months after launch and start focussing on the sequel.

Unfortunately, it's not the perfect "ticks all the boxes" all encompassing sim we all hope for, i can see that, pretty much everyone knows it, it was never going to be that, a lot was added, a lot has improved... but some things just aren't on the program and they never been on the program... At this point you either like it as is or you don't.
If you don't like it there are other titles out there that might suit your needs better.

And by all means make suggestions on their forums(there's a whole section dedicated to this now), make your opinions heard when wishlists for a potential AC2 pops out, and always make informed decisions with your money, just don't bring your grievances to a place where it doesn't belong, this is a thread about an announcement, people who are complaining about features are completely OT.

There are no rolling starts, timed races, or proper flag rules. The AI is extremely basic, doesn't know when to pit for races, does not work properly with multiclass racing. The presentation of the game is nonexistent and severely lacks character or soul. The overall polish of the game is extremely poor IMO. Instead of focusing on releasing more and more content, it would be nice to see Kunos polish their game and add the missing features that many other small developers like Sector 3 and Reiza have been able to accomplish. The small dev excuse is not acceptable to me.

How's developing the game you want to play going ?

250 GTO in race trim = nice.

However, AC sorely needs more official tracks. Even with the DLC, it only has 20 tracks (with 42 variations). Compare to AMS 39 tracks (99 variations), pCARS 36 tracks (98 variations), rF2 33 tracks (76 variations), & R3E 33 tracks (76 variations)... so AC is easily down 50% to their competitors when it comes to official tracks.
simple reason is because of the outrage when kunos tried to make a track that wasnt laserscanned, had zaandvoort being accepted by the community then ac would have more tracks likely, we are the problem and the offered solution was heavily rejected

Can everybody instead of moaning give some constructive criticism. I would like it if you could fill up online races or private lobbies which are not full with ai-cars. Traffic-ai would be given a whole new dimension.

Can everybody instead of moaning give some constructive criticism. I would like it if you could fill up online races or private lobbies which are not full with ai-cars. Traffic-ai would be given a whole new dimension.
I disagree. I find logging onto a server seemingly full of people, but only to find AI cars VERY disappointing.

No good to promise and not keep, such as the 911 RSR 2017 - people pay and it takes more seriously. Vintage cars must be submitted separately, not everyone likes must complete an updated GT3 setup now does not make sense a 250.

No good to promise and not keep, such as the 911 RSR 2017 - people pay and it takes more seriously. Vintage cars must be submitted separately, not everyone likes must complete an updated GT3 setup now does not make sense a 250.
To my information Kunos has to wait until the car has actually raced for getting some data.

I've purchased all the content so far, but i'm starting to run out of enthusiasm for new cars. Really like this sim, but i'd rather see more tracks, AI improvements and some add-ons that make it more immersive (like rubber on wind screen, marbles on track, rougher car sounds).

Hopefully, AC spends some time in these other areas soon. Otherwise, i don't see myself buying many more cars.

While you may have a general point, when it comes to the 250 GTO there are no 60s GT cars in the Kunos current line-up that would race against the 250 GTO so it will be racing against itself.

You already know that AC does not try to replicate full series or flesh out specific car classes with as many cars as possible.

AC specifically tries to give you cars with the best driving feel possible. AC is about the joy of driving these cars, not racing against 5 other models from the same class.

What's the broken core game? For me AI in general + specific tracks like Spa and Nordschleife needs good improvements. But what else do you classify as broken core game?

Trolls gonna troll.

Just ask him how his Corvette is, Im sure he will be glad to share it since he has been working on it forever and had every respectable modder on this forum offer him help and advice. :p

I think i al has to do with licensing. If you have the license of Ferrari you can make ca. 30 cars. For a track you have to get the license for each track.

every licensing term is different, only with lotus do they have carte blanche to pick whatever cars they like, other manufacturers license specific cars (some being easier to work with than others)

also noticed lots of people complaining about lack of timed races? that's been a thing since a few updates ago isn't it?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%