Featured Ferdinand Lechner Secures 2018 RD Touring Car Championship Title

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,340

The twelfth RDTCC Driver's Title has been won by virtual Audi star Ferdinand Lechner Sunday, claiming the honour of finest DTM driver of the sim racing community.

Having battled hard over the course of an epic six race series that takes in some of the most spectacular race tracks available in RaceRoom Racing Experience, Lechner secured championship honours in a thrilling final round battle at the infamous Nordschleife circuit to become the first ever RaceRoom Racing Experience RDTCC Drivers Champion, and with it securing himself $100 Amazon gift voucher to compliment his new status as the latest in a long role call of RDTCC driver legends.

Joining Ferdinand Lechner (@Tim O'Glock) on the final standings and completing the podium are Ismail Yakubu (@PresidentSmug) and Tobias Röhner (@TobiasR), winning $50 and $25 Amazon vouchers respectively for their efforts throughout the season, both drivers having pushed hard for overall honours and proven themselves to be very competitive over the course of what has been a challenging and fierce season of racing.

With six iconic circuits, three legendary brands of cars and 43 drivers, RDTCC Season 12 powered by RaceRoom Racing Experience has been an incredible journey with many highs and lows for all the drivers throughout the championship. Streamed to our sim racing community with professional commentary from @Joseph Wright and @Paul Glover and high quality broadcasts, some incredible and close racing on circuit and a worthy champion at the end of the year, the 2018 RDTCC season really does proves something we've been saying for a while - sim racing is AWESOME people!

If you missed any of the action or just want to relive the fun all over again, be sure to check out the RaceDepartment YouTube channel and like and subscribe to our RDTCC race coverage!

See you all for the next one, where we have something very special indeed lined up.... Soon™

• Like Like x 17
    • Love Love x 6
    • Beer Beer x 3
  2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,494
    Congrats Ferdinand. Deeply impressed!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Andrew

Andrew
    Out of my mind ! Back in five minutes. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,984
    Well done Ferdinand . :inlove:

thumbs-up-192.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Premium

Ratings:
    +1,189
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Well done to Ferdinand and the top three, great job by all of you :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buster

Buster
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +831
    Congrads to all the drivers that participated and a Special congrads to the podium winners ...it was thrilling to watch :thumbsup:

And we must not forget .. @Joseph Wright and @Paul Glover ..Super work thanks chaps :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  7. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,547
    Cheers guys.
    It was a fun championship and I'm very happy with 3rd, even though it mostly came due to my rivals falling off the wayside. Sad to have Anders and Robert out of the running because they could've been 3rd just as well if not for technical problems and scheduling conflicts.
    Still happy with my first simracing winnings :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 3
  8. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,421
    Congratulations Ferdinand, masterful display there mate! Despite my mishaps this championship has run extremely well, so thanks to everybody that was a part of it and made it what it was, both drivers and staff. :thumbsup::cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Ken Bell

Ken Bell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    Well done to all three winners.
    I just wish I was half as fast as you guys.

10. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +597
    Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Herr Lechner

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. Ronnie Böhme

Ronnie Böhme
    UTC +2 Premium

Ratings:
    +182
    Congrats mate, awesome racing! :thumbsup:

12. Tony Gentile

Tony Gentile

Ratings:
    +125
    Well Done Ferdinand

13. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,377
    Congrats Ferdinand, truly in a class of your own! Quite happy with my 7th place, was my first time driving the DTM cars, and I didn't exactly put in much practice for the races.

14. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Assetto Corsa Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,625
    Very interesting series to watch. Congrats to all the drivers for participating and special congrats to the Top 3. Excellent work men:thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.