Fellow Bootcampers

Club races are for fun. And build some experience. No pressure. You are more then welcome.
And if you are in practice and you have some trouble to get the car balanced and the right feeling. Just ask for a setup. ;)

The race ends at the finish: :cool:
- Keep the car pointed in the right direction.
- Drive your baseline lap times.
- Honk the horn if you pass somebody stuck in the fences
- and you'll be fine. :)

BTW: 12th fastest laptime out off 112 driver (AI at 95% included) doesn't sound bad to me. :p
==> Click here

The club races are not to be feared. Just about everyone will be quick to help you out, i remember being pretty nervous about my first race but people were helpful and i nearly finished my first race here on the podium. Never be worried about asking for setups or setup help. Just try to learn from their setups so you can improve your own setup ability. Club races are about good racing and people try to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience.

Last year I jumped straight ito Race 07 then after a break, I got straight into GSCE but RF2 is totally different and I don't care what anybody says, there is no other sim out there like this and that's why it's hard as. I also think that's what put people off is the fact it is so hard. The challenge is on!!!

Last year I jumped straight ito Race 07 then after a break, I got straight into GSCE but RF2 is totally different and I don't care what anybody says, there is no other sim out there like this and that's why it's hard as. I also think that's what put people off is the fact it is so hard. The challenge is on!!!
agreed, and that difficulty translates into such a feeling of realism/immersion that when you finish you have done a race with a few blokes. Courtesy is always extended, there is always someone getting lapped but having fun and like the Boot Camp, you will learn something and get faster every time you go!

@Jim Brailsford sounds like a plan! i still need some easing in to the whole online racing, ive toyed with jumping into a few of the club races but the fear of spoiling other peoples race has kept me away, that and the fact most require some form of pitstops, as if the racing wasnt worrying enough on its own...
maybe if theres a few of us noobs racing i wont feel such a liability.

Sure, I'm all for it :)

@Jim Brailsford sounds like a plan! i still need some easing in to the whole online racing, ive toyed with jumping into a few of the club races but the fear of spoiling other peoples race has kept me away, that and the fact most require some form of pitstops, as if the racing wasnt worrying enough on its own...

You are ready men and the track awaits!
already 2 Brands Hatch events next week!
Go for it.

Just had a go on the bmw and civic server, the bmw was ok'ish but didnt really click with me so i dropped out of the server and went back in with the civic, WTF! ffb was really weerd to get used to, must be the front wheel drive? odd experience.
Ill give the audi server a go, i fear they might be to feisty?

Sure, I'm all for it :)

I'm going for it! we can have out own little race but I feel it's time. Just start having a go on the Brands hatch circuit on the multiplayer server, the feeling is un-believable but very very hard lol. I've done some more testing today and I don't think I've ever experienced tyre feel in a game quite like it.

@David O'Reilly just a side note oh wise one lol I had a go on the FSR suzuka server and it was pretty disastrous. Can I have a set up please to use for the basis of all open wheelers as every time I turned the wheel, it just spun off the track, it was horrendous.

Just had a go on the bmw and civic server, the bmw was ok'ish but didnt really click with me so i dropped out of the server and went back in with the civic, WTF! ffb was really weerd to get used to, must be the front wheel drive? odd experience.
I thought the BMW was fantastic lol just try and use the set up from the other night but just do general settings to start and work it up from there. Actually, I did about 15 mins on default theh went into general and tried to get it as close to the settings from the other night. It was great.

I'm going to race this week then when we have driving bootcamp on Thursday, we can address issues after our lesson.

Last edited:
@David O'Reilly Do you have a setup you could share for the Audi? Ive been trying to tame it a bit and ive succeeded somewhat, a different beast completely to the nissan.

@Jim Brailsford ill jump back into the bmw/civic server and give the beemer another try.
edit: does a constant stream of smoke come from the rear of your bmw jim? as soon as i leave the garage in the pits im seeing plumes of what looks like smoke in the rear mirror...I think the audi/longer brands hatch is a better fit for me.

Last edited:
@David O'Reilly Do you have a setup you could share for the Audi? Ive been trying to tame it a bit and ive succeeded somewhat, a different beast completely to the nissan.

@Jim Brailsford ill jump back into the bmw/civic server and give the beemer another try.
edit: does a constant stream of smoke come from the rear of your bmw jim? as soon as i leave the garage in the pits im seeing plumes of what looks like smoke in the rear mirror...I think the audi/longer brands hatch is a better fit for me.
I didn't notice any smoke lol which BMW were you using? I was driving the Colin Turkington. Honestly though just keep going round that track for an hour and you'll love it.
The audi is a bit of a handful that's why I'm only signing up for Monday night and then I'll do some testing on Tuesday and Wednesday as I'm not at work and see If I can tame it before I decide whether to race or not.

Yes they seem to have done a great job implementing front wheel drive. The outside wheel is pulling harder than the inside wheel. (low diff lock I presume:geek:)

@David O'Reilly just a side note oh wise one lol I had a go on the FSR suzuka server and it was pretty disastrous. Can I have a set up please to use for the basis of all open wheelers as every time I turned the wheel, it just spun off the track, it was horrendous.[/QUOTE]
there is a base setup for the FR 3.5 in the community setup folder I put in the setup section.

Ill have a look I prob have one I did quickly when discounting it for Bathurst and will be working on one for this week too.
But.... guys you know how to do it now.

Quick and dirty setup for Bathurst below.
I recommend
1) Lateral:Verify camber, dampers, springs to get balance and pressures at Nazareth.
2) Longitudinal: Gearing (if avail) Brake Balance, dampers, arb, springs, cooling, aero at the track
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aftdosyn4c0ia1m/R8Test3.svm?dl=0

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%