Felipe Massa Gets First Formula E Running Ahead of 2019 Debut

well, given that you started with an 'anyone who doesn't share my opinion is stupid and backwards' post, how much of a discussion is there to have?

however, i must say this meaningless internet arguement is much more entertaining than formula e. :roflmao::p

I think it's a nice enough looking car, I like that it's aero is more focused on ground effect than wings. They seem to be trying to experiment with alternatives to F1s major drawbacks, like the loss of aero for cars following due to dependence on wings. I think FE has more potential going forward because it's not as constrained as F1 due to meddling by teams.

Good looking car. Much better than last year.
I agree that the series needs more interesting tracks, and I'm still struggling to enjoy the race with that electric/drivetrain sounds (or lack of it). I'm curious how Formula E will transforms in 5-10 years from now.

Ok, dont laugh, but i watched 2018 Formula E race on youtube and after a while i realized all cars looked the same but with different liveries? Did i see that correct or is it just tiny changes on the cars?

Ok, dont laugh, but i watched 2018 Formula E race on youtube and after a while i realized all cars looked the same but with different liveries? Did i see that correct or is it just tiny changes on the cars?
Google search is such a nifty tool.

View attachment 253821
Felipe Massa completes first Formula E test for Venturi in France, completing over 800km in a trouble free day of running.

Former Ferrari Grand Prix winner Felipe Massa has sampled a Gen2 Formula E car for the first time, completing over 800km in a successful test for his new 2019 Venturi Formula E team at the Ales-Cevennes in France, declaring himself happy with his new surroundings as preparations build ahead of the commencement of his three year contract starting next season.

View attachment 253823

Run partially behind closed doors at the little known Ales-Cevennes circuit in France, the test was solely to help Massa acclimatise to his new surroundings, and as such no times have been released from the test, however it was an important milestone for the Brazilian driver as he racks up experience in the next generation Gen2 Formula E car, set to make its debut next season as the organisers push the still young electric racing series to run with a single, more powerful battery than has been the case in early seasons of the championship.

Massa is expected to get further running throughout the year in preparation for the new season, with Venturi yet to decide who is to partner the popular Brazilian for the coming year.

View attachment 253820 View attachment 253822

For more news from the motorsport world be sure to check out the Motorsport Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment - Join in the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to seeing Massa in a Formula E machine? Do you like the look of the new Formula E car? Let us know in the comments section below!
KTM SEEMS IMPROVED, But I think it's formula IMPOVERISHED

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years