Feldbergring

Tracks Feldbergring 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Fat-Alfie submitted a new resource:

Feldbergring - A German 'mountain' circuit used between 1950-1954, held on public roads.

After just over a year (on and off) I have finally finished my second track for AC - the Feldbergring.

6x5Eg1E.jpg

The Feldbergring race took place every year in Taunus, Germany, from 1920-1928, from 1934-1936, and lastly from 1950-1954. I have made the last version they raced on. The circuit was 11.6km long and held on public roads, with a height differential of 280m. It was used for the German Motorcycle Championship, as well as single-seater sports cars....

Read more about this resource...

Outstanding track and details I did 3 laps with pleasure gave me goose pimples, this was back when men was men! best mod track I ever drove :D

Just wanted to let here a video of myself with the 1962 Ferrari around this track.
This car/track combo is incredibly good
I used the RSS Formula 79, quite an handful under breaking a bit floaty with the pad anyways, but the second lap I was flying such a lovely track I am sure I will master it soon with the 2018 hybrid I like grip:D:D
infact I am going back now for some more its too much fun!:p

I haven't tested the track yet but just looking at the pictures is stunning enough. And quess what ? I live 20minutes away from the Feldberg and didn't even know there was a track back then. I knew about motorcycle hillclimbs on the Feldberg but not this. Just amazing work !!

Hi David,
Congrats on the release. I am so glad that you finished it in the end. The work you have done here is absolutely amazing. The version I had here was quite an early one and I was totally wowed with the end results. The trees just look incredible now. The textures are in a class of their own. The performance is among the best I can get on my crappy system. It has been my go-to track for a while now but I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.
Thanks again for a real jewel... ;)

Cardboard cut-out trees, no connection to the ground. Loads of them right beside the track, but none beyond the track limits. Doesn't give a forest feel to the circuit.

No realistic joins from road to grass.

Advertising hoardings in perfect alignment with no obvious visible supports. Cluttered scenery, with dozens of trees placed unnaturally in small areas.

A cluttered, confused track with no real depth of geography, littered with 2D trees, some suitable adverts and varying road surfaces.

Sorry, 3 out of 5.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%