Feeling to turn around a central pivot

I play with RRE only for more than 2 months and really like it. But Daytona 24hrs are coming soon and 2 days ago, I decided to go back to my old good GTR2 for a night.
Of course, difficult to compare both games.
But but but...
It's funny to notice the cockpit of the Porsche 997 GT2 (Porsche is the fake name sometimes used to call RUF cars) I used was more detailed RRE cockpits. Then, in this mod, sounds are really good and for sure quite better than AC.
It's also delicious to find again the look to apex function. I really miss it in RRE.
I should put it in 1st priority in my wish list to S3.

Anyway, after experiencing a huge fps drop in start of the race, I quickly went back to RRE.

Immediately I felt the car was turning around a central pivot.

I don't think it's related to ffb settings. I don't complain about ffb (thanks to this forum I could find good setting for my G27).
For me, It's not related to the physics. It's purely visual effect and jumping from another game to RRE made it obvious: I turn around central pivot.

I know I'm not the only one to feel it would like to know if there is any way to get rid of it.
May be should I test different FOV?

Yep..

I see here a "not update content" topic ;)
You're talking about cars that are still not updated with the new physics of the game.

Until they update all the content only ADAC 2013, WTCC 2013, DTM 2014 and ADAC 2014 cars are to consider.
It' pretty obivous with DTM2013 and DTM2014. I bought DTM2013 (with big price drop) while DTM 2014 came, As DTM 2013 are available in R3E now. But I can't enjoy them, old physics, turning around the center as you say...

No way to get ride of it, only wait for the dev to do the job (they said that they will work on old content early 2015)

I know I'm not the only one to feel it would like to know if there is any way to get rid of it.
May be should I test different FOV?

though they managed to optimize this behavior with the new physics/cars, it still exists, especially if you turn the wheel fast and have a low steering lock. could be anything, from visual stuff to weight transfer in the physics.

i tried several things, the best solution so far is to have a low steering RATIO (e.g. 540/12)... downside, you have to turn the wheel further and therefore drive slower as before and more handwork.

been sayin this all along,,

You know the fix?

turn down the lat/ver/steer force and see that swaying disappear?! but then theres no feel.

I can describe it as a hidden "centre car on track" assist. its really odd.

to be fair to S3 I don't think its a hidden assist, I just think the force that would recentre your wheel is too much so it almost feels like the car is snapping back to the centre, and goes past centre, so you then have to correct back in the direction you come from. Ok if youre oversteering or too much throttle out of corner, but it happens all the time. Makes slipstream and diving in and out look like your on ice.

That's is why my wheel will oscillate all the way down a straight left un manned. Turn forces down and this gets better and better, but of course theres no ffb hardly.

I would love a devs opinion on this,, no answer could mean 1)just ignoring 2) don't want to admit a fault here.3) still fixing..

sorry but I choose 1.

If its a DFGT issue then please reduce the snap back force on our wheels. so recentre nicely not like your wrists have bee broken.

the re-centreing issue may be wheel specific issue, but the pivot-thinggy, i doubt.

But y, wasn't there this new physics-guy writing some stuff here on RD? where is he, allready fired? :D jk...but yeah, could probably be that it may even be a bigger issue which isn't easy to solve with their physics-engine. i mean, the AudiGTO feels good, if i turn the wheel fast i drift. but no other car feels right atm, fun yeah, but not right.

I choose 1 to
great customer relations lol **THINKS...makes me wanna go back rf2**
you are a tester right, you cant offer any advice?

lol just tried URD Rf2 dtms, how much better do they feel than Rres own official DTMs lol

they actually feel like your turning with the front wheels, not the stabilizers on the side..

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years