F1 2010 Feeling Kind of Bad for Codies....

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Their forum is just taking a beating right now with all of the negative feedback, demands for patches right now, and refunds.

I think most of these people are way on the overkill scale.

I don't think it's that bad.

Yes, it has its bugs, but I can't recall any game that's been released that hasn't needed a patch or two or three.

The problem I've always had with most of these people is that they are hard to criticize the physics (too much grip, and so on), when these people have never set foot in a F1 car, and I find it nice that there's finally a game that actually doesn't feel like i'm driving on ice.

I think people need to give Codies a break, and let them try to work out most of the bugs.

People forget that games are supposed to be fun.

GTX 260 216
Q6700
4gb mem

I played F1 for the first time last night and I was impressed with the excellent graphics and how smooth it is. I completely maxed it out at 1920x1080 x8AA while driving around SPA with the rain on heavy. I did get low FPS, around 27-35, but there was no slowdown or stutters. I'll probably drop the AA to 4x or 2x for higher FPS, but overall I'm impressed with how well it runs on my mid range system. I agree that the game does seem more arcadey than simulation, but it's still fun to play. Plus the games only just come out and hopefully codemasters will fix some of the annoying bugs that exist. They definitely need to make the in game replays longer, as they are way too short and the cameras could also be better.

I would rate it behind Grand Prix 4 in terms of handling, but the graphics are definitely far superior. It's a good game and I'm glad I bought it.

i can't fault the game so far.

i'm not getting any frame rate issues, runs smooth as silk on ultra settings for me, and tbh, the graphics are superb, especially the wet racing, fantastic effects, wish Race 07 and the likes could be as good.

ok, so there are some bugs,but like mentioned above, not any different from any other major game release.

loook at Call of Duty: World At War, i couldn't even run it at first, terrible problems, but they sorted them.

I'm glad I found this forum, nice to finally go somewhere and discuss the game without everyone moaning about stupid things.

I've only noticed two bugs, the pit stop one (but I'm generally last anyway so that doesn't matter!) and it sometimes freezes, but doesn't effect me that much, only had it happen on the straights.

Some people just have to moan, I would bet most didn't even buy it with their own money but got daddy or mummy to buy it for them. Before long we'll have the same tired old boycott calls. As a racing title I think the XBOX version is pretty damn good. I've not had such a keen desire to set my wheel up for an F1 game since Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix game. I had Great fun at a rain soaked Spa last night with a few friends.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 14.0%