FEEL-VR - universal, affordable for home use motion sim

Hi everyone!

I've started to develop universal motion simulator & gaming chair cause I couldn't find suitable solution for myself.

Primarily it's because of high price or insufficient characteristics of existing devices.

Project codename B) is 'FEEL-VR' and it is a 2 degrees of freedom seat for gamer that will change pitch and roll to use gravity force and make player feel accelerations, vibrations and angular velocities taken from virtual reality simulation games.

Hope I'll be able to reproduce device to make it available for everyone else, who dreams of affordable yet professional home motion sim, like me)

My main goals are:

• to make it cost less 2500$

• silent operation

• high performance and tilt angles

• highly ergonomical and configurable for racing/flight/etc simulators

• support for mainstream gaming manipulators

• support for VR headsets

• make it look amazing)

That's how it would look:
uc

Hope you like the project so far.

I'll try to post weekly updates on how the work goes on.

Would be glad to see feedback and suggestions.

These are central table, side stand and foot stand parts.

They have screw holes to mount such devices:

Fanatec wheels:
• ClubSport Wheel Base
• Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel / Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel / Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel

Fanatec pedals:
• ClubSport Pedals V1 / V2
• CSR Elite Pedals / CSR Pedals

Fanatec shifters:
• ClubSport Shifter

Logitech wheels, pedals and shifters:
• G27 Racing Wheel / G25 Racing Wheel

Thrustmaster wheels and pedals:
• T500RS (vertical/horizontal pedals mount)

Saitek pedals:
• Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0
This is a FEEL-VR seat base with table and foot stand.

It is collapsible to take less space.

Central tube is firmly fixed with knob from rotational and linear movements.

Table is detachable for flight-sim configurations of FEEL-VR.

Angle of foot stand can be smoothly adjusted.

Distance from seat base to foot stand can be smoothly adjusted too up to full collapsed state (to take less space when FEEL-VR is not in use).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0
This is a FEEL-VR assembled top part in different configurations.

Angles and height of central and side tables (stands) can be smoothly adjusted.

Whole side table stands (including tube) can be adjusted forward-backward.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks nice, but one thing, three pedal layouts often work poorly with centre spar steering supports, lateral flexing in the support is often pretty poor, hence the more favoured hoop or half boxed option across the top of the legs solution working better with heavy wheels and FFB.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Concerning flexing - I've thought out the fixing solution, it's going to be tough because of screw that will push with relatively big area and create lots of friction so theoretically there would be no flexing at all.

Upvote 0
So that's how the final FEEL-VR device would look.

Or at least first prototype.

Maximal theoretical pitch and roll angles are about +/- 24 degrees if driven separately.

Simultaneously max pitch and roll are about +/- 12 degrees.

Upvote 0
So that's how the final FEEL-VR device would look.

Or at least first prototype.

Maximal theoretical pitch and roll angles are about +/- 24 degrees if driven separately.

Simultaneously max pitch and roll are about +/- 12 degrees.

Very nice CAD work there mate. Your concept is very cool. I would strongly suggest re-thinking the center post design. A ''C'' shaped / tube arrangement would allow for easier acces and free up the area for 3 pedal set ups. You could combine the left or right peripheral mounting tube with the ''C'' tube and this would add strength as well as practicality.

Cheers, AussieStig

Upvote 0
Thanks for suggestion, I'll test this design in reality and if it would have such problems, I'll redesign with C shaped tube. But as far as I can imagine, even 3 pedal manipulators are easily accessible.

Upvote 0
Thanks for suggestion, I'll test this design in reality and if it would have such problems, I'll redesign with C shaped tube. But as far as I can imagine, even 3 pedal manipulators are easily accessible.
That depends on how you drive them, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I could not run any rig with a center pole as I do a lot of heel/toeing.

Upvote 0
Hey Den,

Thanks for replying to my post mate, its up to you of course, I would urge you to reconsider the central post. Just search the forums for others whom have put forward designs for rigs with central posts, 99% of the replies are negative when comes to these designs. If I were wanting to introduce a product to the sim racing market, the first thing I would do is get a consensus for what potential customers would really like to have. Personal taste takes a back seat when it comes to designing for others. I know this from experience as I am a professional furniture designer.

Cheers mate, AussieStig

Upvote 0
Aussie and Kjell, thanks for suggestions one more time)
But the first prototype will have central post cause I have already ordered it for manufacturing. There are a lot of other things to test and debug, and mechanics including central post would easily be modified at later stages of development.

Upvote 0
First prototype photos and renders.

Since that time, i have made improvements in mechanics in 3d, so need to make them in prototype now.

Also software beta have been written and now it supports rFactor, rFactor 2, LFS and iRacing for now.

Other game support is on the go.

I plan to publish video of operation after implementing mechanics improvements in prototype.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing